Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Aug 21, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #2,461 of 3,070
Quote:
Hi Everyone,

I've listen to my Sony M10 + 2Stepdance (15V) + Grado M1 for two months, now I found there randomly (every abot 15 ~ 45 min) appears a very loud noisy shock for about 2 seconds. I am quite sure the problem is come from 2Stepdance. Does anybody know what is the cause of this problem, and the way to solve?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Airwater

Do you live in Switzerland or use ethernet in your mains?

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #2,462 of 3,070
I can't believe I never thanked you for your power output math post Mike! It was really appreciated.

On a sadder note, does anyone know how/where I can get a replacement for that rubber/silicone o-ring thingy that is used on the volume pot for traction? I just noticed mine was missing, somehow :xf_eek:

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #2,463 of 3,070
Quote:
I can't believe I never thanked you for your power output math post Mike! It was really appreciated.

On a sadder note, does anyone know how/where I can get a replacement for that rubber/silicone o-ring thingy that is used on the volume pot for traction? I just noticed mine was missing, somehow
redface.gif

Try a hardware store. (If not, any decent scuba dive shop will have them.)

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #2,464 of 3,070
Try a hardware store. (If not, any decent scuba dive shop will have them.)

Ok that's what I was thinking (not the scuba shop, but there is actually one on my way). Thanks.

Any guesstimate as to what size?

Aug 21, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #2,466 of 3,070
Gotcha. That sounds good. Thanks.

Aug 21, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #2,467 of 3,070
Hi airwater,
Quote:
Hi Everyone,

I've listen to my Sony M10 + 2Stepdance (15V) + Grado M1 for two months, now I found there randomly (every abot 15 ~ 45 min) appears a very loud noisy shock for about 2 seconds. I am quite sure the problem is come from 2Stepdance. Does anybody know what is the cause of this problem, and the way to solve?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Airwater

OK, to rule out some suspects...

1) Have you heard this noise after an hour of listening with a freshly installed internal 9V battery?

I know that the Stepdance can start making funny noises when the voltage drops too low in a spent battery, but I've never heard of this happening when connected to an external PSU - which brings me to the next question (as I can't remember what you're running):

2) Are you using the Energizer XP8000 + Willy Cable WI15 to supply 15VDC to the 2Stepdance or are you using some sort of AC adapter?  

3) If it's an AC adapter, how many amps is it rated to deliver at 15V?   (You might not be getting enough current to the 2Stepdance.

I will await your reply, but please try a good long test with an internal 9V battery, first.

Thanks,

Mike

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #2,468 of 3,070
Mike,

You are always so kind, Thank you!

I'm using the 15V 2Stepdance system is exactly what you discovered, a very good improvment indeed!

During these two days I trying to figure out where the problem come from, but unfortunately (actually is fortunately) the noise disappear.

I believe it probably come from the bad contact of the power connection cable (the adaptor for Willy Cable WI15). I will keep monitor the status and report.

Thank you!

Airwater

Aug 21, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #2,469 of 3,070
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to upgrade my M1 to Grado RS1i. I know many of you are using 2Stepdance (15V) to pair with RS1i.

I would like to know if 2Stepdance (15V) is good enough to push RS1i, or RS1i must pair with Grado RA1?

Thank you!

Airwater

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #2,471 of 3,070
Quote:

On a sadder note, does anyone know how/where I can get a replacement for that rubber/silicone o-ring thingy that is used on the volume pot for traction? I just noticed mine was missing, somehow
redface.gif

I've lived without mine for a few years now. It was a tad annoying at first, but I got used to it quickly.

Aug 22, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #2,472 of 3,070
Quote:
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to upgrade my M1 to Grado RS1i. I know many of you are using 2Stepdance (15V) to pair with RS1i.

I would like to know if 2Stepdance (15V) is good enough to push RS1i, or RS1i must pair with Grado RA1?

Thank you!

Airwater

I have a Grado Rs1 (not Rs1i). The quickstep is definitely good enough to drive my Rs1 properly. I've never tried the Grado amp though...

Aug 22, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #2,473 of 3,070
My Quickstep should be with me in a week. I have a question about rechargeable batteries. Would I be better with (A) Maha 9.6V 230mAh NiMh; or (B) iPower 9V (<9V?) 520mAh lithium?

My understanding is that (A) gives me higher power (and better sound?), but (B) lasts for longer in between charges?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Aug 22, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #2,475 of 3,070
Quote:
My Quickstep should be with me in a week. I have a question about rechargeable batteries. Would I be better with (A) Maha 9.6V 230mAh NiMh; or (B) iPower 9V (<9V?) 520mAh lithium?

My understanding is that (A) gives me higher power (and better sound?), but (B) lasts for longer in between charges?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I doubt you'll be able to hear so small an improvement in voltage offered by (A), but you would definitely appreciate the much greater play time offered by (B), which probably has a fully charged voltage of 8.4V.  

I would get (B).

:)

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back