Meier Audio Daccord
Dec 5, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #361 of 715
They're automatically selected by the DAC. Most people hardly could tell the difference between the various settings anyway and there was a very general agreement which settings sound best.
xNshf1

Dec 6, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #362 of 715

Congrats! It'll be worth the wait...what phones are you pairing with the stack? 

Mainly my beloved T1, but I also want to dust off my T5p and check out if Jans stack is a better match than the Fostex HP-A8.
Just waiting to leave the office today...

Dec 6, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #363 of 715

Mainly my beloved T1, but I also want to dust off my T5p and check out if Jans stack is a better match than the Fostex HP-A8.
Just waiting to leave the office today...

Nice! Looking forward to your impressions

Dec 9, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #364 of 715
Did not have much time over the weekend (holiday season...) but at least I was able to give them some attention.

Yes, they are a very good match with each Beyer model I own, from DT1350 to T1. After some time I engaged the switch to slightly boost the range below 2k as the system had a bit too much presence to my taste (with active crossfeed). It adds a bit of midbass compared to my Fostex HP-A8, which seems to resolve better in the higher registers. That small boost helps most with the T5p and makes them much more balanced compared to the Fostex pairing. Overall a very nice combination with a good sense of room and authority.

I prefer my TH900 connected to the A8 nevertheless, in that combination the leaner amp is just the right thing.

Only thing I really miss with the Classic are output relays to kill the on/off pop. Plus I have to reconnect the Daccord after my Mac goes to sleep, the connection does not restore properly otherwise.

Dec 9, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #365 of 715
^ Good notes plakat

Dec 9, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #366 of 715
  Did not have much time over the weekend (holiday season...) but at least I was able to give them some attention.

Yes, they are a very good match with each Beyer model I own, from DT1350 to T1. After some time I engaged the switch to slightly boost the range below 2k as the system had a bit too much presence to my taste (with active crossfeed). It adds a bit of midbass compared to my Fostex HP-A8, which seems to resolve better in the higher registers. That small boost helps most with the T5p and makes them much more balanced compared to the Fostex pairing. Overall a very nice combination with a good sense of room and authority.

I prefer my TH900 connected to the A8 nevertheless, in that combination the leaner amp is just the right thing.

Only thing I really miss with the Classic are output relays to kill the on/off pop. Plus I have to reconnect the Daccord after my Mac goes to sleep, the connection does not restore properly otherwise.

Do you use any player other than iTunes with your Mac?

Dec 11, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #367 of 715
No, just iTunes with 256kBit AAC files and Apple Lossless CD rips.

Edit: The more I listen the more I come to the conclusion that the Classic really pushes the T1. I'd still prefer a tad more sparkling treble, but overall the combination shows a nice dynamic, detailed and with a lot of structure in the bass... very satisfying indeed.
OTH its almost sad how much better the T1 is compared to my long-time favorite mobile headphone of choice, the DT1350... I never compared them directly before... and I guess they'll go back to what I did with them before: mobile use, DJing and live monitoring.

Dec 11, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #368 of 715
The specials on the Meier website are making this a very tempting purchase!

Has anybody also heard the Violectric V800 and care to compare? That is my current DAC but have been intrigued by the Meier gear for some time!

Dec 14, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #369 of 715
^ That would be an intriguing shoot-out, as the V800 is well regarded by project86 no less! Alas, I haven't heard the V800.

In amp territory and TME with Beyer T1 and Audez'e LCD2, the Classic and Concerto are much better than the V100. The V200 is supposed to be better than the 100 though, so may not be a fair comparison.

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #372 of 715
  Any updates on your issues with USB, Theogenes, or are you going to stick with the laptop?

Apologies for the suuuuuuuuuper late reply-- I took a bit of a Head-Fi siesta for about 5 months and just now saw your message. To answer your question: my various fiddlings managed to make things somewhat better, but I never solved the issue altogether, becoming convinced that I just needed to replace my aging computer. I've now got a brand new computer that's about 50x more than anything I'll ever need, and I haven't had any audio dropouts, pops, etc with it. I did have some issues with connecting up my new tower to the Daccord initially, but I'm running into the V-Link 192 and then into the Daccord for now (until I can spend a little more time messing around with it). Only downside is that after a certain period of silence, any noise causes the V-Link to create a moment of static before the sound starts up. Because the actual music itself is fine and doesn't have all the previous problems, I'm okay with it for now. Thanks for asking, man 
wink.gif

As a side note, if all goes well, it looks like I'll be picking up a Lynx Hilo here within the next month or so (allows me to consolidate a few different boxes into one, and will open the door to ripping all my vinyl onto my computer). I'm looking forward to comparing the Hilo with the Daccord whenever I finally get it. Considering the disparate price points, the Hilo should be vastly better, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the performance will be closer than the two prices indicate. 

Anyway, glad to see everyone is still enjoying their Daccords!! The Meier Brotherhood lives on, it seems 
beerchug.gif

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #373 of 715

Apologies for the suuuuuuuuuper late reply-- I took a bit of a Head-Fi siesta for about 5 months and just now saw your message. To answer your question: my various fiddlings managed to make things somewhat better, but I never solved the issue altogether, becoming convinced that I just needed to replace my aging computer. I've now got a brand new computer that's about 50x more than anything I'll ever need, and I haven't had any audio dropouts, pops, etc with it. I did have some issues with connecting up my new tower to the Daccord initially, but I'm running into the V-Link 192 and then into the Daccord for now (until I can spend a little more time messing around with it). Only downside is that after a certain period of silence, any noise causes the V-Link to create a moment of static before the sound starts up. Because the actual music itself is fine and doesn't have all the previous problems, I'm okay with it for now. Thanks for asking, man 
wink.gif

As a side note, if all goes well, it looks like I'll be picking up a Lynx Hilo here within the next month or so (allows me to consolidate a few different boxes into one, and will open the door to ripping all my vinyl onto my computer). I'm looking forward to comparing the Hilo with the Daccord whenever I finally get it. Considering the disparate price points, the Hilo should be vastly better, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the performance will be closer than the two prices indicate. 

Anyway, glad to see everyone is still enjoying their Daccords!! The Meier Brotherhood lives on, it seems 
beerchug.gif

Dude it's nice to see you back 
beerchug.gif

Jan 21, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #374 of 715
Dude it's nice to see you back 
beerchug.gif

Thanks man, it's nice to be back. And of course, I'm already hemorrhaging cash for gear. The sickness continues 
wink.gif

Jan 22, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #375 of 715
Has anyone matched this with the T5p? Would be interested to know how it affects the sound signature of the T5p. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back