MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors
Feb 16, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #76 of 378
You can always get the IM50 which will be more similar to the m6's bass but with better build and better sound
*Facepalm.* Have you actually A-B tested both? The Audio-Technicas don't have the over-ear memory wire, making them incredibly loose and uncomfortable compared to the M6s.

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #77 of 378
they have memory wires, they're just not the same. I found them comfortable, but no i didn't ab but they are both bassy, im50 less so but surely more than these new ones from what i read

Feb 16, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #78 of 378
they have memory wires, they're just not the same. I found them comfortable, but no i didn't ab but they are both bassy, im50 less so but surely more than these new ones from what i read
Pics or it didn't happen. :p But honestly, don't just make assumptions just based on what a few schmoes say on a forum. Especially with brand new IEMs like the M6 PROs.

Feb 16, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #79 of 378
Either way it's an alternative, if these have too little bass, thus the suggestion. 

I don't need to clear anyone's insecurities, you are free to believe or not. 

Either way, it's not hard to upgrade from the M6, they have very poor sound, though luckily Meelec's customer service is great. 

Feb 16, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #80 of 378

You can always get the IM50 which will be more similar to the m6's bass but with better build and better sound

*Facepalm.* Have you actually A-B tested both? The Audio-Technicas don't have the over-ear memory wire, making them incredibly loose and uncomfortable compared to the M6s.

Wow, calm down, dude. You seem to be hyping them to the point of defending them. Seriously.

Also, I think he's just talking about the basic Sport-Fi M6 and not the M6 PRO, so calm down.

Feb 16, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #81 of 378
Wow, calm down, dude. You seem to be hyping them to the point of defending them. Seriously.

Also, I think he's just talking about the basic Sport-Fi M6 and not the M6 PRO, so calm down.
I think either are fine choices. :wink:

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #83 of 378
Having spending a few days with them, i have mixed feelings about them....
My benchmark is the RE 400, and compared to them (yes, i know the M6 Pro are a different sound signature), yes they're good, specially for the price point, but they're definitely not a game changer, the mids are recessed, maybe with some burn in they will become more prominent, the detail it's also not on par (although for the price it's not bad at all), and the fitting, i can't believe how hard is the first time putting them and getting a right fit. 
Having said that, the M6 Pro have a better build quality, the bass is enhanced but it  doesn't get boomy, it's very tight, the highs are crisp, some sibilance is present on certain tracks, and with some badly recorded tracks, they get quite painful. They have average soundstage, but have a lot of "air between instruments. 
In short, for their sound signature, they're great, have a tight and enhanced bass, crisp highs, recessed mids (i hope they get more prominent with some burn in), and you couldn't ask something better for the price. 

Do they get better mids after the burn in? Thanks guys

Feb 17, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #85 of 378
any got these and the RHA MA750's and can compare, 

i currently have the SE215's and one of the ear buds doesnt work (the m6 pro work out only fractionally more than the single ear piece)

im think should i just get these instead but today i found the RHA's so was curious as to whether they were better (albeit more expensive slightly)

Feb 17, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #86 of 378
I have been following this thread for a while bc I'm looking for a new pair of IEMs and decided to get these. I have to say I was very disappointed by these when I first listened to them. But I still gave it a chance, kept them playing over night, all day and then listened to them again. Wow, they changed a lot! The treble wasn't so harsh and the low end started to open up. The only thing I can compare them to are my Sony MDR 7506 which have a neutral sound. I would consider these to be a little bit duller in the mids compared to the 7506.

Feb 17, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #87 of 378
  I have been following this thread for a while bc I'm looking for a new pair of IEMs and decided to get these. I have to say I was very disappointed by these when I first listened to them. But I still gave it a chance, kept them playing over night, all day and then listened to them again. Wow, they changed a lot! The treble wasn't so harsh and the low end started to open up. The only thing I can compare them to are my Sony MDR 7506 which have a neutral sound. I would consider these to be a little bit duller in the mids compared to the 7506.

It's good to know that burning them all night helps. I still feel like the treble is totally harsh, as someone mentioned, on some bad recorded tracks, it can actually get painful, I swear.
I'll be burning them in during the night and let you know my thoughts after it's done, hoping for the best as I'm completely frustrated already :frowning2:

Feb 17, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #88 of 378
These got my attention...  But boosted treble over recessed upper mids (3-6.5khz) causes my tinnitus to act up.  Something with spikey / isolated treble thats separated from the rest of the spectrum triggers it.  So bright headphones overall like the K701 or RS1 don't cause me any problems, since they are uniformly bright and there's little upper-midrange recession.

Looking forward to post burn-in impressions.

Curious for a decade the etymotic and KSC-75 crowd has used 75 ohm impedance adapter / resistors to smooth out peaks in the overall frequency response.  How well do the M6 models respond to this?  Anyone tried it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back