MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors
Jan 7, 2015 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 378

Kenny Ingram

Head-Fier
Musicians like me have been waiting a long time for this day - the MEElectronics PRO line for musicians! :) I've been using the M6s now for over a half a year, and they've been absolutely solid on stage. I cannot wait for more news on these. Here's the link to the new M6 PRO product page (and how to order). 

Just looked it up - and there's TWO detachable cables which MEElectronics will be making - one WITH volume control, and one WITHOUT (IT WILL COME WITH BOTH CABLES). Now, lets hope they come in both black and clear (like the current M6s). Now with detachable cables, not to mention that they now come with COMPLY foam tips (along with all of MEElectronics's other renowned tips)! 

MSRP? $49.99. This could be the coolest thing MEElectronics has released since the original M6s. 

Looking forward to having a pair. 

Jan 8, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #4 of 378
 They look very nice. But they better deliver some serious sound if they hope to compete at that price range.
the 50-60$ range is extremely aggressive right now.

Not at all... When the M6s first came out ('09, '10) they were right around $50 MSRP, now they sell for around $20. These are really a whole new level of earphone, and to price these at $50 is very conservative on MEElectronics's part. Think about it: the cheapest real [stage] in-ear monitor would be the Shure SE-215. The current M6s blow them out of the water in every way...

1) They don't feel bulky in your ears like the Shures do...
2) They have a much better bottom end than the Shures do...
3) The new PROs will come with a nice-sized HARDSHELL case...whereas the SE-215's case is satisfactory at best. 

I'm telling you - better in every way. The issue facing MEElectronics is actually getting music store retailers to put them on the shelf next to the Shures...they may run into the issue of Shure not wanting them next to each other. That's right: The M6 PROs are so good that they make the Shure SE-215s look bad... 

At half the price of the Shures, these are going to do great - there's no doubt about it in my mind.

Jan 8, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #5 of 378
As we say on Head-fi...

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!
Where did you get a pair as my order was cancelled as they are not going to be ready till the end of the month or the beginning of next month?

Jan 8, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #6 of 378
  As we say on Head-fi...

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!
Where did you get a pair as my order was cancelled as they are not going to be ready till the end of the month or the beginning of next month?

February 2015. I still don't have them yet either. All of this is based on the specs/pictures on the site, and my extensive experience with MEElectronics's earphones, and them as a company. Trust me: these won't disappoint.  
wink_face.gif

Jan 8, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #7 of 378
  These blow them out of the water in every way...

1) They don't feel bulky in your ears like the Shures do...
2) They have a much better bottom end than the Shures do...
3) They come with a nice-sized HARDSHELL case...whereas the SE-215's case is satisfactory at best. 

Bad form there though. I'm a Mee fan as well and go back to 2007 and the first line. Here, we do kinda of frown upon  statements like those above when you haven't heard the low end of them and know that they are much better than the Shure yet. Actually hurts your credibility and does no favors for MEE and we want to keep things legit on Head-fi and not have it look like the planted reviews on Amazon etc.

No worries, just keep it real.
beerchug.gif

Jan 8, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #8 of 378

Bad form there though. I'm a Mee fan as well and go back to 2007 and the first line. Here, we do kinda of frown upon  statements like those above when you haven't heard the low end of them and know that they are much better than the Shure yet. Actually hurts your credibility and does no favors for MEE and we want to keep things legit on Head-fi and not have it look like the planted reviews on Amazon etc.

No worries, just keep it real.
beerchug.gif

I think it's safe to comment on the m6 pro build quality, ergonomics and whatnot since it's virtually the same as the original m6(I think).
Curious as to see how the sound quality will improve though. The SE215 I hear don't have amazing sound quality for the price so it is very well possible these might just beat out the shures.
I know the VSD3S I got does. 
etysmile.gif

But it does have some build quality issues(minor but the se215 takes the cake here)

Jan 8, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #9 of 378

No worries, just keep it real. :beerchug:  
Once again, I'm basing these comments on the currently available M6s. If MEElec's $20 sport earphone has a better low end than a $100 in-ear monitor, I can't see how MEElec's $50 PRO improvement could disappoint in this department. I suppose time will tell, though.
PS - I'm not a robot...not a spammer...ect,ect. MEElectronics just happens to be my favorite in-ear monitor maker (and the reason I joined this forum in the first place), so I'll comment as such. Check the link in my signature for some of my music. :wink:
But it does have some build quality issues(minor but the se215 takes the cake here)
Which is what exactly..?

Jan 9, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #10 of 378
Uhm, referring to build quality?
The ear guides themselves are a bit finicky. I would have wished they just had the cable wire near the end be very stiff and retain memory like the m6.
The cables don't have any strain reliefs. They could potentially get bent and damaged more easily. That's about it really. The cable itself looks beautiful and durable if a little "plasticky".

They can also sound a little bit harsh and fatiguing on poorly mastered or treble intensive tracks. I am acclimated to the hd650 though. 

Jan 9, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #11 of 378
  Uhm, referring to build quality?
The ear guides themselves are a bit finicky. I would have wished they just had the cable wire near the end be very stiff and retain memory like the m6.
The cables don't have any strain reliefs. They could potentially get bent and damaged more easily. That's about it really. The cable itself looks beautiful and durable if a little "plasticky".

Oh, you're referring to the VSD3S's? I agree that they aren't in fact built that great, but you're correct in saying have a nice cable. I could never get passed that outer-shell design, though... 
confused.gif

Jan 23, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #14 of 378
After MEE cancelled my M6 PRO order, I spent the money on my Pioneer but if they want to send me one I'll review it and send it out on a tour 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back