MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors
Feb 14, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #61 of 378
How are you adjusting the bendable wire? Meelec suggests you start straight position the m6 in you ear then wrap the wire around the back until snug.
But I've found it works better the bend the wire first then place in ear and fine tune the wire from there. My wire looks like this:

And the tip is seated like this:

Sorry you're still having fit issues. Hopefully this will help a little.

Thanks again for trying to help. Unfortunately I already tried both ways with no success.
I'm getting very frustrated, so far I simply can't enjoy these, although I REALLY want to get the best out of them.
I have a few more ear tips on the way, hopefully they will do the job. I'm kinda skeptical already as I believe this is actually not a tip issue,
but the way these headphones fit my ear canal, I feel like the tips are helping out a little, but there's still a big gap between the end of the ear tip and my ear canal, making it sound distant.
I get the feeling like no matter how hard I will try, I will not be able to cover this gap.

BTW, I was thinking over the Westone Star tips? Anyone has experience with them? Thanks!

Feb 14, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #62 of 378
How are you adjusting the bendable wire? Meelec suggests you start straight position the m6 in you ear then wrap the wire around the back until snug.
But I've found it works better the bend the wire first then place in ear and fine tune the wire from there. My wire looks like this:

And the tip is seated like this:

Sorry you're still having fit issues. Hopefully this will help a little.

Thanks again for trying to help. Unfortunately I already tried both ways with no success.
I'm getting very frustrated, so far I simply can't enjoy these, although I REALLY want to get the best out of them.
I have a few more ear tips on the way, hopefully they will do the job. I'm kinda skeptical already as I believe this is actually not a tip issue,
but the way these headphones fit my ear canal, I feel like the tips are helping out a little, but there's still a big gap between the end of the ear tip and my ear canal, making it sound distant.
I get the feeling like no matter how hard I will try, I will not be able to cover this gap.

BTW, I was thinking over the Westone Star tips? Anyone has experience with them

Feb 14, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #63 of 378

Go back to the triple flanges you said you got a good seal on. Have you ever owned the original M6s? If so, these fit very differently (in my opinion). The housings on these are actually bigger than the original M6s (despite what some people have said - they are bigger), and therefore need more pressure when inserted, and need to be inserted deeper. That, and the tips inserted on the housing themselves, cannot be on too far. These are the issues I was having with them, and when I changed those two things, was able to get a very good seal and overall sound.

Feb 14, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #64 of 378
@Kenny Ingram  Hey again, I have settled on the stock large sized clear tips, they seem to provide me with the best fit comfort and isolation wise, however, it's still not enough. Trust me, I tried EVERYTHING. I have used all known and unknown methods in order to get the earpiece as deeper as possible, and it does feel like it's deep enough, however, the sound will still feel distant. So frustrating. I don't have the og M6 and therefore cannot compare the actual unit sizes, but the earpiece indeed feels kinda big, too big IMO and that might be the issue, it might be just TOO big for my ears. crap happens you know. I'll still try more tips as I should be getting some more option on the mail soon. :frowning2:

Feb 14, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #65 of 378
  @Kenny Ingram  Hey again, I have settled on the stock large sized clear tips, they seem to provide me with the best fit comfort and isolation wise, however, it's still not enough. Trust me, I tried EVERYTHING. I have used all known and unknown methods in order to get the earpiece as deeper as possible, and it does feel like it's deep enough, however, the sound will still feel distant. So frustrating. I don't have the og M6 and therefore cannot compare the actual unit sizes, but the earpiece indeed feels kinda big, too big IMO and that might be the issue, it might be just TOO big for my ears. crap happens you know. I'll still try more tips as I should be getting some more option on the mail soon. :frowning2:

Try burning them in overnight with some pink noise on loud ?  Its the only thing I can think of....  I did notice that the bass opens up more as they burn in.  Hoping this helps bring the music closer 

Feb 14, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #66 of 378
The housings on these are actually bigger than the original M6s (despite what some people have said - they are bigger), and therefore need more pressure when inserted, and need to be inserted deeper. That, and the tips inserted on the housing themselves, cannot be on too far. These are the issues I was having with them, and when I changed those two things, was able to get a very good seal and overall sound.

Ah that explains some. I actually find these easier to get a good seal with than the og m6 oddly enough.

@Kenny Ingram
  Hey again, I have settled on the stock large sized clear tips, they seem to provide me with the best fit comfort and isolation wise, however, it's still not enough. Trust me, I tried EVERYTHING. I have used all known and unknown methods in order to get the earpiece as deeper as possible, and it does feel like it's deep enough, however, the sound will still feel distant. So frustrating. I don't have the og M6 and therefore cannot compare the actual unit sizes, but the earpiece indeed feels kinda big, too big IMO and that might be the issue, it might be just TOO big for my ears. crap happens you know. I'll still try more tips as I should be getting some more option on the mail soon. :frowning2:

Trust me I understand. I have the same issue with the havi b3. I feel I can't get a good enough seal to enjoy them to their full potential. You win some and lose some I guess :frowning2:

Feb 15, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #67 of 378
indieman Totally frustrating, I guess you're right, you win some, you lose some. Not giving up yet! Just ordered the Westone Star tips combo with all sizes, looks interesting to have regardless of the M6 Pro. Maybe they will provide a better seal as the large size is actually thin and long.

Feb 15, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #68 of 378
Can you make some comparisons?? Maybe with the famous Sony MH1C or Shure SE215..?

I have the Etymotic HF2 (for the classic music), and I need a IEM that is bassier and more funny for kind of music like Pop, EDM and Hip Hop.

Feb 15, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #69 of 378
Can you make some comparisons?? Maybe with the famous Sony MH1C or Shure SE215..?

I have the Etymotic HF2 (for the classic music), and I need a IEM that is bassier and more funny for kind of music like Pop, EDM and Hip Hop.

I unfortunately have heard neither of those.
Compared to the og m6 these are livelier and the details really pop. Better instrument separation.
Compared to the t1-e (from what I can remember) the pros have a rounder bass and again are livelier.
The havis have them beat in soundstage and are more neutral.
These are really just first impressions. I haven't had time to compare them back to back so it could change.

Edit: the m6 pros are great for edm!
I don't listen to hip hop but bassy music is well represented trust me.

Feb 16, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #70 of 378

The reason I originally got the M6s were because of my hatred for the Shure IEMs. They simply wouldn't fit my ears, and they had no bass. The M6s provide me with both those things. They're much smaller (and fit a lot better), and you don't have to worry about that stupid swivelling that the Shures do (neither M6 model really does this). Also, the bass is much more prominent and punchy than at the Shures (which has a nice non-existent bass). Compared to the Shures, the original M6s knock them out. The M6 PROs beat them to another galaxy. 

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #71 of 378
The reason I originally got the M6s were because of my hatred for the Shure IEMs. They simply wouldn't fit my ears, and they had no bass. The M6s provide me with both those things. They're much smaller (and fit a lot better), and you don't have to worry about that stupid swivelling that the Shures do (neither M6 model really does this). Also, the bass is much more prominent and punchy than at the Shures (which has a nice non-existent bass). Compared to the Shures, the original M6s knock them out. The M6 PROs beat them to another galaxy. 

Is it because of the fit that you had no bass from the shure IEMs especially se215 as they are none for the Bass! I have the SE215 and they have a ton of bass!

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #72 of 378
Is it because of the fit that you had no bass from the shure IEMs especially se215 as they are none for the Bass! I have the SE215 and they have a ton of bass!
No, it wasn't because of the fit. I actually tried out every model Shure IEM (yes, even the 846s briefly - with each filter), and found that NONE of them gave me the bass response (or correct frequency response) that the M6s have. Which is why I'm actually now having trouble getting used to the M6 PROs. They have a bigger housing and more flat response (which I'M SURE will appeal to more musicians!), but will be tough for me to get used to, if I do end up using them live more and more (and I'm not sure if I will yet).

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #73 of 378
No, it wasn't because of the fit. I actually tried out every model Shure IEM (yes, even the 846s briefly - with each filter), and found that NONE of them gave me the bass response (or correct frequency response) that the M6s have. Which is why I'm actually now having trouble getting used to the M6 PROs. They have a bigger housing and more flat response (which I'M SURE will appeal to more musicians!), but will be tough for me to get used to, if I do end up using them live more and more (and I'm not sure if I will yet).

So you are using these on stage? Have you considered CIEMs?

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #75 of 378
So you are using these on stage? Have you considered CIEMs?
I use the M6s on stage exclusively. I keep the M9 Classics in my pocket at all times. I have considered customs, but it seems like a huge pain for what you get. A friend of mine uses the Atrio's (on stage on very high-profile tours) by Marty Garcia's company (Future Sonics), and thinks they're the best sounding in-ears out there. If I was getting customs, I'd go to Marty. However, seeing that I can't actually demo them, you have to get them re-shelled every few years, needing impression from an audiologist, ect, ect.

I'm sure the process will get better in coming years. Until then, I probably won't be interested. And the M6s are incredibly sound-isolating, so asking for much more would just be being greedy on my part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back