MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors
Jan 5, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #317 of 378
I'm not an audiophile or a professional musician, but enjoy my music.
I've just recently started back listening to headphones...was more into systems with full range speakers/home theater.
I've always had earphones when I listened to my "Walkman" back in the 80's & 90's...mostly from Sony (MDR-E484, MDR-E565, MDR-575, MDR-E848 and MDR-E888).
I also tested with full size headphones like the MDR-V900 and still use them to this day.

The LG V10 has again brought my interest back into portable audio and now I'm a bit fixated.
I just recently purchased a set of Sony MDR-10R and Sony MDR-950BT to go along with my Logitech UE6000 that I picked up a couple of years ago for travel.

My decision to go with the MEE M6 Pro was because I purchased a pair of SoundMAGIC E10S and they were great until I ended up snagging them on my seatbelt buckle at work and ended up bending the headphone's pin in half!
I needed/wanted another set of IEMs instead of over the ears.
I was considering on repurchasing another pair, but read up on the MEE's.
I'm glad I did!

So long story short....I love my new IEM's...amazing what you get for under $50!

Jan 6, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #318 of 378
I'm not an audiophile or a professional musician, but enjoy my music.
I've just recently started back listening to headphones...was more into systems with full range speakers/home theater.
I've always had earphones when I listened to my "Walkman" back in the 80's & 90's...mostly from Sony (MDR-E484, MDR-E565, MDR-575, MDR-E848 and MDR-E888).
I also tested with full size headphones like the MDR-V900 and still use them to this day.

The LG V10 has again brought my interest back into portable audio and now I'm a bit fixated.
I just recently purchased a set of Sony MDR-10R and Sony MDR-950BT to go along with my Logitech UE6000 that I picked up a couple of years ago for travel.

My decision to go with the MEE M6 Pro was because I purchased a pair of SoundMAGIC E10S and they were great until I ended up snagging them on my seatbelt buckle at work and ended up bending the headphone's pin in half!
I needed/wanted another set of IEMs instead of over the ears.
I was considering on repurchasing another pair, but read up on the MEE's.
I'm glad I did!

So long story short....I love [COLOR=141823]my new IEM's...amazing what you get for under $50![/COLOR]

Congratulations! I am listening to my pair right now with Peter Gabriel's So album. I also have a pair of Dunu TITAN 1's, which are fantastic and overall a better pair, but I seem to be gravitating more towards the m6 pro's as my "go to" right now. Very full sound, comfortable, they just sound good. $50 is also a huge benefit to the wallet!

Jan 6, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #319 of 378
Congratulations! I am listening to my pair right now with Peter Gabriel's So album. I also have a pair of Dunu TITAN 1's, which are fantastic and overall a better pair, but I seem to be gravitating more towards the m6 pro's as my "go to" right now. Very full sound, comfortable, they just sound good. $50 is also a huge benefit to the wallet!

Thanks!
I've been burning mine in all day and still constantly listening to them.

I purchased PowerAmp app and running their Alpha version on my LG V10 and it really brings out the potential of the MEE M6 Pros!
I'm really enjoying them especially with the Comply T200 ear tips that was supplied.

I was wondering if anyone has heard of or have any experience with the brand of ear tips made by Veritas?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JUKXYO0?refRID=3V7YFPJ72B535RN6N31S&ref_=pd_ybh_a_1

I know that the wear on the Comply's will require a replacement soon with the amount of use I will be doing and want to find a cheaper comparable ear tip.

Is there other ear tip suggestions that might be considered?

Jan 13, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #320 of 378
Can anybody post a comparison between these and the soundmagic e80's? Everyone seems to regard the e80's as the best iem under $100, but the m6 pro's get a lot of praise as well. I enjoy the fact that the m6 pros can lay flat in ear, but if the sound is better in the e80's I would be willing to trade off the m6 pro's extra capabilities like the detachable cable and being able to lay flat.

Jan 13, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #322 of 378
What kind of sound signature are you looking for?

What IEMs have you heard/owned, what did you like about them, what didn't you?

I'm new to all this audiophile stuff and am by no means one myself. I just enjoy listening to my music and having it be clear and with a large sound stage. The only pair of iems I've had worth mentioning are the Klispch S4ii's. I loved how they were easily able to isolate without having to crank the volume up and the vocals are clear. I hated their poor build quality. I'm on my third pair of these and the earpiece housing is starting to fall apart. I mostly listen to edm, house, and what ever is on the radio so hopefully that helps with the sound signature. Sorry I couldn't be more specific.

Jan 14, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #325 of 378
@Tiny

Sure, that can be changed with an Equalizer.
Nonetheless, I think the E80 should suit your preferences more (and you would have to apply less EQ to achieve S4's bass level, although even E80 is much more balanced and less sounded than the Klipsch).

Jan 14, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #328 of 378
I'm new to all this audiophile stuff and am by no means one myself. I just enjoy listening to my music and having it be clear and with a large sound stage. The only pair of iems I've had worth mentioning are the Klispch S4ii's. I loved how they were easily able to isolate without having to crank the volume up and the vocals are clear. I hated their poor build quality. I'm on my third pair of these and the earpiece housing is starting to fall apart. I mostly listen to edm, house, and what ever is on the radio so hopefully that helps with the sound signature. Sorry I couldn't be more specific.

I had the s4ii's and now have the m6 Pro's (along with Dunu TITAN 1's). I thought I had lost my s4's and purchased the m6 Pro's. I absolutely love the m6 Pro's. They have an overall better sound, to me. It is cleaner, clearer, tighter, less muddled, and less restrained (to me that is the ability to react to changes more quickly). After due break in, they are my go to pair...even over the Dunu's for a good part of the time.

I did find my s4's, but as a result of the m6 Pro's, I gave the Klipsch to a colleague. For $40, you cannot go wrong with the m6 Pro's. They are fantastic. There is a huge difference to me between the two, and the m6's are a much better iem overall. They are a great value, and with the added sound quality over the s4's, I am nothing but happy.

Jan 14, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #329 of 378
I had the s4ii's and now have the m6 Pro's (along with Dunu TITAN 1's). I thought I had lost my s4's and purchased the m6 Pro's. I absolutely love the m6 Pro's. They have an overall better sound, to me. It is cleaner, clearer, tighter, less muddled, and less restrained (to me that is the ability to react to changes more quickly). After due break in, they are my go to pair...even over the Dunu's for a good part of the time.

I did find my s4's, but as a result of the m6 Pro's, I gave the Klipsch to a colleague. For $40, you cannot go wrong with the m6 Pro's. They are fantastic. There is a huge difference to me between the two, and the m6's are a much better iem overall. They are a great value, and with the added sound quality over the s4's, I am nothing but happy.

Thanks so much for the comparison! Can you compare the m6 pros and the dunus? I know a lot of people really like the dunus.

Jan 14, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #330 of 378
Thanks so much for the comparison! Can you compare the m6 pros and the dunus? I know a lot of people really like the dunus.

I absolutely love the TITAN's, too. They are simply too "bright" for me sometimes. While they are crystal-clear in clarity (IMO), the highs can be fatiguing after awhile. The bass is tight, but pushed to the back, and not all that prevalent. They can definitely get loud, and stay clear, but for me the m6 Pro's are a more full sound.

I would not trade either pair, unless it was a really good deal, and will keep both until they fail. The Dunu's and the MEE's are great IEM's and you cannot go wrong with either. The lack of bass in the Dunu's might not be to your liking, though. The MEE's were the first pair I heard after the s4ii's and I was amazed at their sound quality or half the price of the Klipsch.

Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back