MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors
Jul 6, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #271 of 378
i have a set of MEE A151P 2nd generation on order and am now wondering if i should have gotten these M6 pros . the only earbuds i've tried are the gummy plus and they sound horrid ! i have a set of sennheiser 429S over ears and they sound nothing like my sennheiser 555's did , the 429s sound muffled in the base and flat in the highs ...... no sparkle or sheen and absolutely no where near the soundstage/air of the 555's  . i'm 53 and i like classic rock , smooth jazz , some old rap/pop (mc hammer , TLC , janet jackson etc.) and if they're usable for home theater through a decent receiver that would be cool . i don't consider myself a base head , but i do have a 15 inch 200 watt subwoofer at home that i'm not afraid to use  . 

going by many online reviews/comments i get the impression the 151P 2nd is slightly cleaner/more detailed ...... but that the M6 pro is right on it's heels in those departments .

the M6 pro has stronger/deeper base and a treble peak that may give me the sheen/sparkle that i'm looking for . it also offers a lot more accessories along with detachable cables (2 sets !) and seems to have superior build quality and their crazy %50 off loss/damage warranty !

soooooo , which should be better ? it'll be used on a sharp aquos android phone with the harman kardon feature .

Jul 7, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #272 of 378
I've discovered that after 50-plus hours of burn in the piercing highs of the M6 PRO can be tamed to some degree. They are still not the most "friendly" IEMs but I am going to continue to break them in to see if continued improvement can be achieved. They are well constructed and reasonably comfortable so I am hoping to force them to become a good set of travel IEMs. Fingers crossed!

Jul 7, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #273 of 378
 They are well constructed and reasonably comfortable so I am hoping to force them to become a good set of travel IEMs. Fingers crossed!

That's the point. Although the sound it's not the most pleasant for my ears, its built quality and the killer set of accessories makes it very attractive. I really like the detachable cable. 

This buddy is really source sensitive. On Magni2u and Lumia 920, it sounds hash and treble-ish. On MPB it sounds more controlled. 

Jul 26, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #276 of 378
as is the comparison to ckx9 Audio Technica? mine are broken and I'm looking for a new earphone, is the M6 pro a upgrade for me? I use a Sony smartphone with neutron player, I also use the equalizer, 10 band of neutron,
have the cables microphonie problems?
thx jens

Jul 27, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #277 of 378
Haha, the amount of change honestly surprised me! Still getting better at 40 hours O.o

@Simy1

Isolation on the M6 Pros is very good! I found that as is, they block out almost all noise at moderate volumes.
I am sort of an isolation lover, since I sort of need it to study. I tried out a "mod" to improve isolation with these, and it worked! Here is an explanation if anyone is interested (all you need are round toothpicks, and a nail clipper for the cleanest cut)

(Do at own risk! Seems pretty harmless so far though)

Step 1: Insert toothpick into the vent hole until it is reasonably tight. Don't twist or anything, as this might break off the toothpick and make it hard to remove.

Step 2: Remove toothpick, and clip off the tip (leave about 2mm between the new end and the impressed ring formed on the head. This 2mm part will be the part that seals the hole.

Step 3: Break off the majority of the toothpick, leaving about a 0.5 cm length of wood left.

Step 4: Re-insert the toothpick into the hole, same end as before (end should be removed so it doesn't block the sound tube).

Step 5: (Important step!) Using the nail clippers, cut the end of the toothpick sticking out, so that only 1-1.5mm of the toothpick is sticking out of the earpiece shell. If you accidentally cut too much off, you won't be able to remove the toothpick with pliers (not too big of an issue though).

BENEFITS OF THIS:
1) Improved isolation, and decreased noise leakage
2) Easy to do
3) Not too bad if you make a mistake (Due to awesome price)
4) DEFINITELY improves bass response (I am literally hearing sub bass in songs that I never knew it existed in). I highly recommend this if you want a bit more bass.

DRAWBACKS:
1) Could get wood stuck in the earpiece. To remove this, you would have to remove the filter and the internal adhesive port covering (both can be removed with the toothpick, but the adhesive port covering is a little finnicky)
2) Not sure what this will do to the driver in the long run if anything (Though I did read somewhere that low sensitivity drivers are harder to damage. Not sure how true this is, but guess I will find out!). Driver flex seems very mildly present.
3) Deep insertion alters sound due to lack of venting and higher pressure air in your ear canal only with very deep insertion though

NOTES: Based off of this mod, here is what I found:
1) The more the venting port is covered, the more full the sound seems (This turned these IEMs into somewhat of a sub-bass beast, its pretty awesome)
2) The toothpick forms a nice seal, definitely wouldn't worry about it falling out or anything
3) Driver flex still nonexistent for the most part
4) You can remove the filters, doesn't affect sound too too much. I tested it filterless vs with some steel mesh filters I got from some cheap $30 earphones from CVS. It seemed to make the sound ever so slightly splashier, though I might beimagining things
5) In order to remove the internal port covers, you can use a toothpick. Move the adhesive cover back and forth until it unsticks, then work it up the tube until it is out. This seems to partially cover up the hole from the inside. Without it, the sound is quite empty. With the toothpick mod, it becomes full.

This was really random, but I am really liking the result! These just became a 9.2/10 for EDM from this mod! The bass is much fuller than before, and it is still very clear. I am somewhat blown away by these now XD

If you guys have any questions feel free to ask! I will probably get a backup pair of earpiecs (probably will store them on the other cable lol) just in case these die or something, but for now they are epic!!

If anything weird starts happening to the iems I will post here

Regarding stopping up that vent port, would silicone adhesive work instead?

Aug 1, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #278 of 378
Just got a pair from Amazon today. Initial impression, decent sound but harsh highs, thin bass and soundstage and instrument separation inferior to my current 'go to' street/gym 'phones the Brainwavz S5. They're burning in now and I'm hoping for some improvement after a hundred hours or so.

Aug 1, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #279 of 378
  Just got a pair from Amazon today. Initial impression, decent sound but harsh highs, thin bass and soundstage and instrument separation inferior to my current 'go to' street/gym 'phones the Brainwavz S5. They're burning in now and I'm hoping for some improvement after a hundred hours or so.

That's one of sole reason that I didn't pull the trigger.....but other than that, it's a nice IEM as a package and suits someone who prefer those highs.

Aug 1, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #280 of 378

the bass changes after burn in

Aug 1, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #281 of 378
They'll likely be re-gifted to my son in law who needs something quite durable (removable cables?) and that will stay in his ear better (over the ear?) and probably won't worry as much about any sonic shortcomings. And he'll dig that they totally look (and say on the box) like musicians in ear monitors.

Aug 2, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #284 of 378
I have the M6 per several days. It sounds good for 50 Euros, accessories is unusual in the price range. Finding the right support in the ear is difficult for me. perfect seal is available with the Comply Foam's. But there is no burn-in - my opinion. Already have about 30 hours thus belongs. Without equalizer for me is not an option, the heights are too stressed especially the peak kHz at the frequency 3-4. also can not be taught near, it makes everything far away from, without graduation. give my back, still for 50 euros really very good, mainly because of the 2 cables. encouraging also that there is when you touch the cable no noise.

Aug 5, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #285 of 378
I really like these eaphones. My appraisal in their regards is far stronger than for more expensive models such as IM70. A 20-hourish burn in - wise test deliver a much deeper and precise sound layer than the aforementioned IM70. Also, these are very easy to drive and fun. It could be that with no drive the sound is harsh (musician-oriented!) but after a bit of tuning these get in the range of my EPH100, or possibly even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back