Meelectronics AI-M9 Earphones
Jun 10, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #16 of 121
The OP is mainly compare it to a CX95 while you are making comparison with SE530, not really a fair fight if you ask me. It is out of perspective.

Personally, I think SE530 has better bass performance than average.

Jun 21, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #17 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by h1a8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I don't like is when people say things like "Tight, quick bass with good punch" when actually the phones don't have it. I just got a pair and the bass doesn't have good punch. It is somewhat dull and weak. The SE530 bass punches stronger than these. Its ok to say "tight, quick bass (not good punch though)" but at least comment on how the bass quantity is below average (assuming SE530's bass is around average). Now these aren't bad phones. Its just comments like that caused me to waist my money on a pair when I was looking for something with good level bass. I was mainly looking for something under $100 that have stronger bass than the SE530 but also had respectable mids and is fairly balanced. This phone isn't the one (because of the bass issue). Bassheads stay away. Those far from being a basshead then these are a good bargain indeed. Fairly balanced.

I guess I must continue to use my amp to get more bass out of the SE530.
Does the Nu-force model have stronger bass than the SE530? Maybe I'll try that next.

i think that you're just one of those "bassheads" as the Se530's lows are definitely now disappointing. They are powerful and punchy, a tad warm so they aren't as quick sounding, but they are definitely not "average" If you find the Se530 "average" to you, i believe what you need is a pair of Futuresonics M Series at $200...or you could run down to a electronics store and buy one of those $20 pair that has overwhelming bass...

Jun 21, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #18 of 121
I didn't want to get into it but I don't think quick and punchy or having a nice punch implies Atrio's or FX500's or something that is going to overpower a pair of SE530's. I would think that these and the SE530's are both in the good punchy bass area, not weaker like Phonak/RE0 etc and not up in the EB/Atrios big bass area. The only phone I said are good for bassheads was the MUZX MHP136. Someone tried that and complained that they were all bass.

Jun 22, 2009 at 7:28 AM Post #19 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by jant71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't want to get into it but I don't think quick and punchy or having a nice punch implies Atrio's or FX500's or something that is going to overpower a pair of SE530's. I would think that these and the SE530's are both in the good punchy bass area, not weaker like Phonak/RE0 etc and not up in the EB/Atrios big bass area. The only phone I said are good for bassheads was the MUZX MHP136. Someone tried that and complained that they were all bass.

Well, since he says that the Se530's lows/bass were "average", than that really didn't leave many earphones out there that had a overall superior low presentation. Also, i do agree on the MHP136 part, but i don't think they are ALL bass.

Jul 9, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #20 of 121
Since my M9 have lost some volume on the right side I contacted MEE by email. One hour later I had a response that they would be glad to replace them under warranty. They let me choose the maroon color M6 as a replacement for my M9.

I don't have to send anything back so I'll be able to see if the M6 sound the same and are only different in style. Excellent customer service!

Jul 9, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #21 of 121
Quote:

Since my M9 have lost some volume on the right side I contacted MEE by email. One hour later I had a response that they would be glad to replace them under warranty. They let me choose the maroon color M6 as a replacement for my M9.

I don't have to send anything back so I'll be able to see if the M6 sound the same and are only different in style. Excellent customer service!

That's good to hear. Finally we'll have some real impressions of the AI-M6. I've been this || close to pulling the trigger on the M6 myself. Good to know that the performance of Meelec customer service is on-par with that of their producs.

Jul 9, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #22 of 121
Hey ljokerl, included in your package is my other pair of M9P's. You can see how they sound for yourself soon enough. Those have an intermittent bass buzz on one side but if you twist/adjust the fit you can make it stop.

Jul 9, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #23 of 121
Quote:

Hey ljokerl, included in your package is my other pair of M9P's. You can see how they sound for yourself soon enough. Those have an intermittent bass buzz on one side but if you twist/adjust the fit you can make it stop.

That's quite a gift
biggrin.gif
. How did you know exactly what I wanted? Santa, is that you?

Seriously though, I'd been meaning to buy a pair of M9's but your review pretty much covered how they sound - hence my attraction to the M6. I'll definitely give the M9s listening time alongside my other buget IEMs. I'd write up a comparo, but I think all my phones have been covered quite well between yours and ClieOS's writeups.

Again, thanks a bunch. Now I *really* can't wait.
darthsmile.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #24 of 121
You can see if you like them better than the 590's which I do. Better treble, more fun, and a slight bit bigger sounding image.

I got the M9P used and they had the bass buzz when I got them. They haven't changed and are actually the fine sounding of the two. The new ones I might have been yanking tips on/off so many times that I might have stressed the driver myself. Not sure if they deserve a rep as unreliable. They do have a wider lip on the front of the tube which makes trying to get tips like the Head-direct ones harder to get on the M9 than on the RE0.

I am excited about trying out the M6.

Jul 9, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #25 of 121
Yes, will definitely compare them to the im490/im590 (not too impressed with the 490 so far).

On a sidenote, I see that you have the victor hp-nx55 in your sig. Any idea if those have been rebranded as jvc ha-fx55 (which I've seen on ebay for $5 shipped)? How do they sound?

Edit: Having trouble finding believable specs for the hp-nx55. 95 Ohm? 200 Ohm??? 200db sensitivity? What? (edit: guessing all the sites quoted an original mistake of maximum power output of 200mw for either impedance or sensitivity)

Edit2: Found something called JVC hp-fx55 which seem to be the victors rebranded. Man JVC's global naming scheme is confusing.

Jul 9, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #26 of 121
Neck strap version of the FX55...ƒCƒ“ƒi[ƒCƒ„[Eƒwƒbƒhƒzƒ“iƒlƒbƒNƒXƒgƒ‰ƒbƒvƒ^ƒCƒvj@HP-NX55@bƒrƒNƒ^[

I wanted a neck strap phone for playing ball and stuff outside. It compliments my Senn MX65. The NX55 is isolating and the Senn is open and has twist to fit. Nice purchases, the MX65II was $29 and is slightly better sounding than a PK2 and locks on/ stays in your ears. The NX55 neckstrap helps eliminates microphonics and no more yanking out of the ears/getting caught on stuff.

I previously had the FX55 which I would like to try with all the tips I have now. It had a super large soundstage and very quick pacing that was very fun. Not so great on the treble or detail. Very much like an AKG K401 in an earphone. My NX55 is still on the way from Seyo-shop so I don't have them quite yet. They essentially replace the Maximo's which tend to lose seal/come out of my right ear with UE tips when just outside walking around a bit.

Also to mention that the 95dB sensitivity does help to curb hiss/radio reception noise as does the MX65II volume control.

Jul 9, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #27 of 121
interesting..
my throwaround FX-66's ironically broke today the day I got my RE0's after a year of pure abuse..and they broke by me pulling the comply tip off haha.
I may well invest in some M6's at begginning of August, £32 from overstock.com. How would these compare to say the PL-30's and the RE2's which are roughly the same price

Jul 9, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #28 of 121
I can't say if the M6 are as good yet but the M9 are much better than the PL30 and they pretty much gave me the desire to sell my RE0. Not that they are as good as the RE0 but the value(even now $20 vs $99) triggered or fueled an upgraditis attack. They did point out that the RE0 lacked the fun factor and I now have a quite different signature based on that. More involving and enjoyable sounding phones including the CK10/NX55/M9/Kingmass. The Kingmass earphones did the same thing to the PFE, I listened to them as much as the PFE the first two days I got the Phonak and the Kingmass were $7.89. The second time around with the M9 and RE0 I learned my lesson for good. But unlike the Kingmass the M9 bring a relatively high level of SQ combined with the fun and emotion.

Jul 9, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #29 of 121
interesting...very interesting. The M6's sure look nice.
The Klipsch S4's look rather nice too...£54.99 though :-/

Jul 9, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #30 of 121
Quote:

My NX55 is still on the way from Seyo-shop so I don't have them quite yet. They essentially replace the Maximo's which tend to lose seal/come out of my right ear with UE tips when just outside walking around a bit.

Also to mention that the 95dB sensitivity does help to curb hiss/radio reception noise as does the MX65II volume control.

Yeah, if those are the actual specs it should help. All the English-language sites have the specs jumbled up. I guess impedance should be 32 ohms then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I may well invest in some M6's at begginning of August, £32 from overstock.com. How would these compare to say the PL-30's and the RE2's which are roughly the same price

I don't think many people have tried the M6's yet. That's why I'm waiting for jant71's review. Might pick up a pair if they're good and compare to my PL30s and (incoming) RE2's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back