May 5th - Vancouver, BC Meet 2013
Mar 30, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #333 of 461
Hey GG,

I didn't end up getting the X-Sabre. Got the W4S DAC-2 instead so you'll have to find someone else to demo it!

Mar 30, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #335 of 461
Quote:
What made you go for it?

I've always wanted the DAC-2 but the X-Sabre is significantly cheaper so I ordered the X-Sabre. But I was able to find a DAC-2 used so I canceled my order for the X-Sabre. I've never seen a bad review for the DAC-2 anywhere. It's unfortunate we live in an area where the head-fi community isn't as developed so we don't have the opportunities to listen to a lot of the gear mentioned so I rely heavily on online reviews. And the fact that the DAC-2 is built in USA vs X-Sabre in China. Can't help but be very biased against anything made in China, no offense.

I don't regret it one bit, running DAC-2 balanced into Mjolnir is absolutely stunning. I can listen for days. Imagine how well it'll sing with a legit end-game amp!!

Apr 1, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #337 of 461
Update: X-Sabre loaner unit for the meet is confirmed.

I am in the final process of obtaining a loaner unit for the Mytek Stereo192 DAC.

Hopefully I'll try to get more amps in and Donald neeeeeds to send us the Stratus too!

Apr 1, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #338 of 461
Hi Guys. For your meet, if you guys want one of the new Teac or M2Tech DSD dacs, let me know. We have the Teac in and may start to carry a couple M2Tech products. If you are after something else that has North American distribution, let me know too and I'll see if I can scare up a sample. Most distributors carry many lines, so there may be someone we already deal with who can lend a unit.

Apr 1, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #339 of 461
Great to see you here Travis!

Maybe you can give Resonessence a call because they're not responding to my emails, asking about a loaner Concero DSD unit.

I've also inquired to HeadAmp about the GS-X mk2 but haven't heard back.
Quote:
Hi Guys. For your meet, if you guys want one of the new Teac or M2Tech DSD dacs, let me know. We have the Teac in and may start to carry a couple M2Tech products. If you are after something else that has North American distribution, let me know too and I'll see if I can scare up a sample. Most distributors carry many lines, so there may be someone we already deal with who can lend a unit.

Apr 1, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #340 of 461
Quote:

Hey Travis, long time no see. I remember us joking about how Sennheiser never sent the IE800 for our meet last year. Maybe you can get one for this meet? Even though I won't buy it, I sure would like to try it out

Apr 3, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #343 of 461
Hey GG, The LCD's did not last long.. Do you prefer the 800's?

Apr 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #345 of 461
I actually do prefer the HD800's presentation over the Audezes. I'm keeping the LCD2 for now until I can get try planx's HE500 with jergpads, and the HE6 again. LCD3 is going just because it's $1700 that I can free up.
Quote:
Hey GG, The LCD's did not last long.. Do you prefer the 800's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back