May 5th - Vancouver, BC Meet 2013
Mar 21, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #286 of 461
Try Meier audio. No dealers in North America that I know of ._.
Quote:
Where can I get my hands on one?  I just went on their website and realized I can't read German, ( shocking, I know).  Is there a dealer for this in Van?

At first I was all like:  I want Sieveking, now Sieveking looks boring as hell.

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #287 of 461
Updated gear list, added DNA Sonett 2 and *maybe* the Stratus. Donald of Donald North Audio (DNA) has been kind enough to lend me the DNA Sonett 2 for the meet. If a demo Stratus is available, he will send that as well, will confirm later.
These are really hi-fi amps up there with Eddie Current, and of the like, and are VERY well regarded by many. Brace yourselves my friends.

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #288 of 461
It may be a long shot but I may have my new full sized headphones by the time of the meet.

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #291 of 461
JVC DX1000's. I love the Japanese approach to music reproduction. The PF's and TU-05 have really given me so much musical enjoyment. I think I am done with "HiFi"!

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #292 of 461
Go ahead, I don't think much is going to change anyways. Let out a mass PM to all Vancouverites and maybe even Seattle people at previous Seattle meet threads.
Quote:
Okay 4 days, and still no change on the polls. Can I just remove it and go for the majority date?

Cool looking forward to listening to your unique gear, Ian. I'm guessing you'll be over at the quiet listening room? :) I think anyone with open back gear that wants to set up a table to have people listen should come to the quiet room. I'll come up with the rules soon. I'll probably be in the quiet room the whole time since I have to guard my desktop rig and DNA stuff.
Quote:
JVC DX1000's. I love the Japanese approach to music reproduction. The PF's and TU-05 have really given me so much musical enjoyment. I think I am done with "HiFi"!

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #293 of 461
Quote:

Wow - $800 for the DX1000's... I would be done as well! And if not because they sound so great, then because my wallet would be completely empty LOL!

Then again, I have been sucked in lately by various ATH phones, and so far I am loving the Japanese approach (although each of the headphones has cost considerably less than $800).

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #294 of 461
Quote:
Wow - $800 for the DX1000's... I would be done as well! And if not because they sound so great, then because my wallet would be completely empty LOL!

Then again, I have been sucked in lately by various ATH phones, and so far I am loving the Japanese approach (although each of the headphones has cost considerably less than $800).

Will do master troll's job for him. i.e.

Shame the TH900s weren't considered...at least I would think so.
Esoteria like the CK100PRO or the F111 is more to my taste :p 

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #295 of 461

Where have you seen them for $800?? The cheapest so far is $888. When I first looked the cheapest I could find was $1250!

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #296 of 461
Quote:
Will do master troll's job for him. i.e.

You probably felt a bit dirty doing his job. Sorry about that!

But luckily, at this point in my audiophile-headfi-addiction, I am still immune to the power of the magical "DO IT" gif when it comes to $800 headphones. Having said that, the thought did enter my mind the other day that $600 for the HE-500's might be something that might be okay down the road. I quickly (as quickly as I could) purged that thought from my mind lol.

For now, I am going to be blissfully happy with my GR07BE's, AD900X's and WS99'S  t h a n k   y o u ! ! !

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #297 of 461
Quote:
Where have you seen them for $800?? The cheapest so far is $888. When I first looked the cheapest I could find was $1250!

Amazon japan. Dangerous place. Plus $30-$40 for Tenso shipping (get them within a week).

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #298 of 461
Quote:

But luckily, at this point in my audiophile-headfi-addiction, I am still immune to the power of the magical "DO IT" gif when it comes to $800 headphones. Having said that, the thought did enter my mind the other day that $600 for the HE-500's might be something that might be okay down the road. I quickly (as quickly as I could) purged that thought from my mind lol.

For now, I am going to be blissfully happy with my GR07BE's, AD900X's and WS99'S  t h a n k   y o u ! ! !

Oh you are not going to pleased when you get to the meet.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I recommend stapling your wallet to a desk at home.

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #299 of 461

If it makes it any better my PF's were nearly $1200 :D

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #300 of 461
Updated gear list, added DNA Sonett 2 and *maybe* the Stratus. Donald of Donald North Audio (DNA) has been kind enough to lend me the DNA Sonett 2 for the meet. If a demo Stratus is available, he will send that as well, will confirm later.

These are really hi-fi amps up there with Eddie Current, and of the like, and are VERY well regarded by many. Brace yourselves my friends.

Are you going to bring the stratus to the seattle meet too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back