Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Mar 18, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #3,976 of 6,783
For newcomers having trouble with the highs....
i own a Ultrasone Extention cable..10ft long, (leftover from my hfi-780 )
i use it with my home setup, it adds a big broad lush sound n soundstage with the stockMikros cable attached.

http://shopworld.ultrasone.com/us/product.php?id_product=44

Mar 18, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #3,977 of 6,783

PAINTER's TAPE....????  LIFTED sound????  
ohhhhhh u gotta be KIDDING.... game over, THIS WONT WORK...
PROOF IT...fly them to PATABURB for a thorough PROOFING!
STOP HYPPPING these poor followers...
just bring it down to 140 Km/hour.

^ Don't worry meng, those LOVELY lil' logans padboobies will still be gloriously exposed. 
wink.gif

The painters tape goes on the very edges of the skullcandy pads, so it sticks on the edges of the logans pads as well, leaving all those lovely thangs fully open for your eargasmic pleasure/ comfort.
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 18, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #3,978 of 6,783
curious question...

if u wear your headfones upside down...( headband tilted way down resting on your back )
does the orchestra/singer/soundstage  "flip over" ?? 
drumset hung in the air?

Mar 18, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #3,979 of 6,783
Oh man this thread... Lol i leave for a week and I have no idea what's going on. Well anyways, I've actually had some non-audiophile friends try these and got pretty positive reactions. One person was surprised to hear a violin in a song lol and another said they would have bought a pair if it was on ear. Third guy didn't say anything but i also didnt get the headphones back for about an hour after that LOL.

I've settled a bit with modding pretty much same as before but 1 layer of tissue and 1 layer of party streamer. I'll begin trying other mods later on after getting more modding materials. Can't keep up with all these new mods nowadays.

Mar 18, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #3,980 of 6,783
Lors...really interested to know of the fit on these...keep us posted, will you?

K518dj pads:
Size jus slightly larger..enuf to drop off if i dun tape it
Its like a half cicumaural...back half of my ears sat within the pads...:p
Stopped the swivelling of the cups.
Soundwise..no deterioration..or" Lifted Off"...winks.

The pleather is quite thick n semi hard...not those soft thin peelable after a month type.
Not really comfy...tolerable. hope it softens abit after some break in.
Give it a shot if u are game to somehow tape it down.

edit : doublesidetaped the pads onto the plastic drivers.

Mar 18, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #3,981 of 6,783
Heard the P7 recently...it's sort of has a bright tinge over the sound signature, from my Sansa clip..:p
Some depth but not as impressive as Mikros projection. Tend to feel its more left to right.
Bass texture is addictive...sonus faber leather reverberation type...ha.

I think this P7 would pair well with a cool neutral amp..like a brand new BCL.
Just my guess. And add in a copper cable.

----------------------

Also think my moddedcorkyMikros with the slightly oversized taped down k518pads ate the P7 for breakfast...
not so much lunch.

Mar 18, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #3,982 of 6,783
About 10 hours ago I started reading this thread from the very beginning. I must say this is definately the weirdest thread on head-fi I have encountered. So weird that after first 70 pages I started drinking and after 150 pages I'm not that sure what I red. So bare with me if I'm asking questions that have been adressed previously.

Anyways... It seems nobody has done any drastic mods? Drilling holes into the cups? Transplanting the drivers into a new housing or stuff like that? Afterall these are closed back tiny headphones and they definately can't sound good because of the magical cups. There must be quite a bit r&d done with the drivers... Of course it can be tweaked to a certain point but still it's a small closed headphone.

Not that I know what I'm talking about. I've never heard the mikros. I'm just asking because I might do some driver transplants in the future. I have couple woodies with metal headbands that would propably be the right size...Some koa wood rings that will be the right size with little sanding and stuff like that.

What you guys think? Are the drivers so specifically tuned that those are impossible to put in a open housing? I'f I ever buy these I propably buy another one for modding. A pair of these will cost me about the same as new beyer d770 would but what the heck.. I've heard most of the hyped budget cans so I can't stop here. Not that euro prices have anything do with budget-fi :D

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #3,983 of 6,783
  About 10 hours ago I started reading this thread from the very beginning. I must say this is definately the weirdest thread on head-fi I have encountered. So weird that after first 70 pages I started drinking and after 150 pages I'm not that sure what I red. So bare with me if I'm asking questions that have been adressed previously.

LMAO!!

After the first 60 or so pages WE started drinking (heavily) before posting and we are not sure what we wrote after 150 pages.
  Not that I know what I'm talking about. I've never heard the mikros. I'm just asking because I might do some driver transplants in the future. I have couple woodies with metal headbands that would propably be the right size...Some koa wood rings that will be the right size with little sanding and stuff like that.

I don't really know the answer...but I encourage you to do something like this with the Mikros drivers:

You would automatically become the head Mikros modder...and my personal hero!!!

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #3,984 of 6,783
  LMAO!!

After the first 60 or so pages WE started drinking (heavily) before posting and we are not sure what we wrote after 150 pages.

I don't really know the answer...but I encourage you to do something like this with the Mikros drivers:

You would automatically become the head Mikros modder...and my personal hero!!!

What?!

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #3,985 of 6,783
Mar 18, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #3,986 of 6,783
shhhhhhhh, thats our chant in the inner committee man, y are u revealing this ????
wash them brains...hype the train...wash em brains...hype the train....wash em train...hype the brain...

spot the mikros...its somewhere under the leathers.

LOL

wash them brains...hype the train...wash em brains...hype the train....wash em train...hype the brain...fool the headfiers...wash them brains....

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #3,987 of 6,783

Anyways... It seems nobody has done any drastic mods? Drilling holes into the cups? Transplanting the drivers into a new housing or stuff like that? Afterall these are closed back tiny headphones and they definately can't sound good because of the magical cups. There must be quite a bit r&d done with the drivers... Of course it can be tweaked to a certain point but still it's a small closed headphone.

What you guys think? Are the drivers so specifically tuned that those are impossible to put in a open housing? I'f I ever buy these I propably buy another one for modding. A pair of these will cost me about the same as new beyer d770 would but what the heck.. I've heard most of the hyped budget cans so I can't stop here. Not that euro prices have anything do with budget-fi :D

u thinking of putting these drivers into grado cups?  ;p

Mar 18, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #3,988 of 6,783
  Showing up as $69.99 for me... But newegg has it at 60.99

It's 60.99 on Amazon.  Try this link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00A0AOVRS/sr=1-1/qid=1395160640/ref=olp_tab_all?ie=UTF8&colid=&coliid=&me=&qid=1395160640&seller=&sr=1-1

Mar 18, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #3,990 of 6,783

Users who are viewing this thread

Back