Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jan 21, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #20,267 of 48,578
  the thing is the annies came with an adapter like this, its just to big to fit onto any other size cable it seems because the annie cable has a larger piece connection from the looks of it than a standard 3.5mm. I suppose I can order one of those and try it out.

Is the one that came with the Annies the type that screws onto the cord? If so then I have a similar type at home that won't work with my V-Moda cable. I have to use on that's flat on the 1/8 end. Does your cable on the Annies look like this, from AKG's site? [Link] If it does then yours has the screw on style adapter and may not work well with other cables.

Jan 21, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #20,268 of 48,578

Is the one that came with the Annies the type that screws onto the cord? If so then I have a similar type at home that won't work with my V-Moda cable. I have to use on that's flat on the 1/8 end. Does your cable on the Annies look like this, from AKG's site? [Link] If it does then yours has the screw on style adapter and may not work well with other cables.

yes, thats the exact looking cable. it has a screw on style.

Jan 21, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #20,269 of 48,578
V-Moda M-100s for gaming? I want versatile headphones as I'm 17 and don't have a large enough income for multiple pairs of headphones. I'll be using them for music (both On my PC and iPhone) as well as competitive gaming. With the XL earpads (to make the headphones semi-open), and the fact that the M-100s have an impedance of only 32 ohms, what would be the best possible sound card or DAC (or combination) for positional audio?

Jan 21, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #20,270 of 48,578
  yes, thats the exact looking cable. it has a screw on style.

You'll want one that looks like this then, where there is no "lip" on the outside edge. It will work with any 3.5mm cable.

I don't know if it's any good, probably isn't bad, but here's one from RadioShack for $0.18.

no. 
biggrin.gif

I'm not all that familiar with their international shipping, but Amazon has the PLYR 1 listed as available for shipping outside the US, and Argentina is listed as one of the countries to which they will ship. It's on sale at $129 USD currently as well. Will they ship this to you?

http://www.amazon.com/Skullcandy-Surround-SMPYFY-003-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B00C2B2Y9A/

V-Moda M-100s for gaming? I want versatile headphones as I'm 17 and don't have a large enough income for multiple pairs of headphones. I'll be using them for music (both On my PC and iPhone) as well as competitive gaming. With the XL earpads (to make the headphones semi-open), and the fact that the M-100s have an impedance of only 32 ohms, what would be the best possible sound card or DAC (or combination) for positional audio?

Evshrug likes his M-100 for gaming.

I haven't heard the closed Beyer DT770, but the V-MODA M-100 does a great job for a closed headphone, a little bit of a warmer can but imaging and detail is good and it works well with surround processing.

Jan 21, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #20,272 of 48,578

You'll want one that looks like this then, where there is no "lip" on the outside edge. It will work with any 3.5mm cable.

I don't know if it's any good, probably isn't bad, but here's one from RadioShack for $0.18.

Yeah, looks like I'll need to order one then. Thanks.

Jan 21, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #20,273 of 48,578
First I want to thank MLE, Chicolom, and others for all the work they put into this thread. You made what I never knew could be so complicated into something far mor simplified. Got my Q701 like a fear and half ago and still love them. Just ordered a pair x1s they were exactly what I wanted the dt 990 for but without the treble that I knew I wouldn't have been able to handel.

That astro sale got me back into looking at headphones. Specifically the HE 400 but with that out of favor now and the x1 price made for an easy decision. Maybe a little too easy as I bought it before really thinking it through. A lot of money for a snap decision but I trust tour guys judgment.

MLE

Read through some of the old posts to see where you path to enlightenment took you. A while back you mentioned you were considering getting a fiio W1. I have been trying to go wireless for a long while. Although I can't find any reviews for it. Would you be interested in doing a review? I could order one through micca store or wherever you think is best. You could use it as long as you like or just send it back if its not worth the price paid.

Jan 21, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #20,275 of 48,578
So, after using the Astro a30 headset for almost a week, I can safely say that I love these lil b@stards! The headset came with the Astro Mixamp for $79.99 which can still be purchased @ the Microsoft store. They seem cheaply built but look nice and look to be very sturdy. They are very comfortable even for my big head and the sound is great although they don't match up wth my X1's but that's to be expected. Since the a30's are lightweight and comfortable, I often find myself using them over the X1's. They are very portable and the mic can be detached so you won't look like a dork when walking out and about. I'm not going to pretend that I'm an audiophile but I do know what good sounding headphones are and these fit in that category. They sound balanced and well rounded. When listening to music or gaming, I don't seem to hear anything missing compared to my X1's. The sound stage in games is great and I have no problem locating enemies at all. From what I remember, they sound as good if not better than the Astro a50's. For the price, these are an amazing set of cans.

Forgot to mention that they sound great connected to my Samsung Note 3. No distortion at max volume and plenty loud for my ears. I'm surprised by the amount of bass actually. They won't reach Beats levels but it gets the job done.

Jan 21, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #20,276 of 48,578

I'm not all that familiar with their international shipping, but Amazon has the PLYR 1 listed as available for shipping outside the US, and Argentina is listed as one of the countries to which they will ship. It's on sale at $129 USD currently as well. Will they ship this to you?

yes but no, they will ship it but argentinian custom for import are "closed".
so i will buy the headphones in "argentinian amazon" : www.mercadolibre.com.ar (maybe you can translate the page with google and give me a hand), my budget is 3000$ pesos.
i am looking for a wireless headset (or detachable cable):
my main options are:
logitech g930
corsair 2100
turtlebeach xp300
steelseries Spectrum 7xb
thanks
ps: none of the headphones i found interesting (at least 7/10 avg) are or really expensive here or dont get here.

Jan 21, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #20,277 of 48,578
  dss1 over dss2 for real dolby headphone surround sound. if your going to use chat get one of the mixamps, if not the dss1.

Thanks, I don't really need the chat mixer so I think I'll go DSS1. On amazon though the price is ridiculously cheap (15$). Almost seems to me like it's too good to be true; is it?
Also the guide says there's background noise, how bad is it? Is it REALLY noticable?

Jan 21, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #20,278 of 48,578
Thanks, I don't really need the chat mixer so I think I'll go DSS1. On amazon though the price is ridiculously cheap (15$). Almost seems to me like it's too good to be true; is it?
Also the guide says there's background noise, how bad is it? Is it REALLY noticable?
If you pause the game you'll hear it but it's not loud and you won't hear it while you game. $15 is a great deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back