Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jan 16, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #10,876 of 48,578
Quote:
What closed headphones for "fun" and a bit competetive gaming would you suggest then. Are the denons AH-D7000 or AH-D5000 good for these types of gaming? Is the bass immersive?
-Zepic

...Yes

Jan 16, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #10,877 of 48,578
What closed headphones for "fun" and a bit competetive gaming would you suggest then. Are the denons AH-D7000 or AH-D5000 good for these types of gaming? Is the bass immersive?
-Zepic

Meant to say environment in my last post, not empowerment, owned by phone auto correct. Those two would fit the bill but they're exceedingly harder to find for a good price since they're discontinued. I don't have a lot of experience with high end closed headphones so I dunno what else to recommend beyond some of the other ones mentioned in the OP.

Jan 16, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #10,878 of 48,578
Might be a dumb decision in the end, but an Amazon 3rd party seller has the Philips Fidelio L1 (not X1) for sale right now at $149 so I picked up a pair to try out. Going to see how they are for gaming. I imagine not too great, being that they're quoted as having slightly muddy and loose bass. Still, I've been interested in them for a bit and seeing them drop $110 today makes it worth trying.

Jan 16, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #10,882 of 48,578
K702 Annies - First Impressions​

Background - Okay, I'm gonna come back and edit this post probably, but my initial impressions are here! I have a huge grin on my face right now! :D So, I received these this morning at 10:30. What did I do? I went right back to sleep, lol. I was up too late. I've been busy all day. I finally got around to these. I took a shower so I could start out completely fresh. Of course the very first thing I did was inspect these.

Visuals - Beautiful cans. I really love the design and colour. It's more stealth and laid back than the HEY LOOK AT MY LIME GREEN HEADPHONES. Lol. These are sexy indeed. Made in Austria. Gotta love that. Limited/Anniversary Edition adds to it all. The headband is just lovely and oh so much more comfortable. I really love the grey on this.

Feel - Well, one of the first things I noticed was the pads. I can definitely tell they are different. They are a bit more firm than the Q's pads, but I love them. They are soft (not super soft) and contour to my head perfectly. Ear fits right inside just fine. After wearing it for a bit, still quite comfortable!

Sound - Very first thing I did when turning on these was put on a song with bass emphasis. It's DEFINITELY there. I noticed it immediately. Then came the AKG sound that I was accustomed too. That's where the huge grin came from. :D I totally understand when Mad said they make him want to listen to the music. I still think I'd like some more bass as far as quantity goes with a bit more immersion, but these seem true to the recording. Definitely satisfied now. I've not tried these for gaming yet, but I will. I'd like to play around with more songs that have bass emphasis to see what these are capable of. Stay tuned! Thanks again Mad! :D

Something I wanna add that may have a huge impact on the sound - I'm using an old Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit soundcard and nothing else, lol.

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #10,884 of 48,578
Quote:
Made in Austria. You know the Austrians always makes good stuff.

-Vince

No doubt. I should hook these up to my receiver. Probably get better sound.

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #10,886 of 48,578
Quote:
It better be an Austrian receiver or it might blow up. You can't trust those Orientals.

-Vince

In case anyone doesn't realize it, I'm joking and I'm chinese. That makes it okay... right...?

Haha, totally okay. I have a Yamaha receiver. I hate I'm limited to 44khz MP3. I have the straight enhancer, but still, lol.

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #10,887 of 48,578
Oh damn, just realized that the Tone Control works on the headphone jack on my avr254. Probably worked on my avr247 too but never bothered to look for it because of the horrible menus. And it's playing 24/192 flac fiiiiiiiiiiine. Listening to the Dark Knight Rises soundtrack.

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #10,888 of 48,578
Quote:
Oh damn, just realized that the Tone Control works on the headphone jack on my avr254. Probably worked on my avr247 too but never bothered to look for it because of the horrible menus. And it's playing 24/192 flac fiiiiiiiiiiine. Listening to the Dark Knight Rises soundtrack.

Same with mine. Sweet though. I wish I had that high quality to listen to. :frowning2: Nice soundtrack btw.

Jan 17, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #10,889 of 48,578
Now I know where my M-stage volume knob is in the dark.

I put a little soft foam bumper pad thing on it. 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back