Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Dec 9, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #9,526 of 48,566
Quote:
Anybody know how I can put something up for sale on here other than putting it here? I'm getting a Yamaha Aventage RX-A710. I wanna sell it for $390 plus whatever shipping will be to a location. It's lightly used (so like new). It's missing the optimization mic, manual (there is an online one), and the dipole antenna (for radio, but you can get this anywhere for around $5). This would be great for someone how has a speaker setup as the YPAO optimization mic will get everything automatically setup for you with 3d sound (I read the whole thing about it on Yamaha, amazing stuff) or someone with a pair of good headphones using the Silent Cinema Virtual Surround (up to 7.1). It has dynamic DSP and DRC so it might balance out the chat volume and game volume on it's own. 17 settings to customize that Virtual surround as well. Someome PM me if interested. This is a steal!

I would think this thread is the best choice.
http://www.head-fi.org/f/6552/source-components-for-sale-trade

Dec 9, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #9,527 of 48,566
Quote:

Thank you sir.

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #9,528 of 48,566
Quote:

Well, actually, it says I'm not allowed to post in the classifieds.

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #9,531 of 48,566
Btw, was just playing around with my Creative Extigy USB soundcard hooked up through Optical to my PS3. I set output to two channel LPCM at 88.2khz, then there is this CMSS button on it (which has the EAX Advanced HD right above it). You know what? It sounds pretty great through these Q701's. I plugged the headphones into the headphone port on the front. It seems that I'm able to pinpoint people's locations. Crazy.

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #9,532 of 48,566
Yup, that's supposed to be the point of CMSS-3D. I didn't know creative made another external device that can accept Optical input, so that's cool. How much was the Extigy? Why are you passing on the Yamaha Receiver, if it's such a great deal?

Nobody is allowed to sell things on Head-Fi until they establish their reputation over time and posts. It's meant to discourage this site from being polluted by spam and scam business from taking over. Overall I'm grateful, though it was a pain to wait.

If the Ti HD version was available for $55, I would go into debt to buy it. As things are, with my Recon3D USB processor, I'm content to wait until the income starts accumulating.

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #9,533 of 48,566
Quote:
Yup, that's supposed to be the point of CMSS-3D. I didn't know creative made another external device that can accept Optical input, so that's cool. How much was the Extigy? Why are you passing on the Yamaha Receiver, if it's such a great deal?
Nobody is allowed to sell things on Head-Fi until they establish their reputation over time and posts. It's meant to discourage this site from being polluted by spam and scam business from taking over. Overall I'm grateful, though it was a pain to wait.
If the Ti HD version was available for $55, I would go into debt to buy it. As things are, with my Recon3D USB processor, I'm content to wait until the income starts accumulating.

This is an old soundcard. I'm not sure if it's the 3D version. I think it's just CMSS. Idk. Yeah, it was made popular by the HPA2. It cost me $50 on Craigslist (like new). That's a secret :) I don't wanna post it publicly. I thought so. Right. Yeah, but I think this is the only was to get CMSS on the console besides the Recon3D. Unless there is a way to hook up the PS3 HDMI to a sound card on a computer, and get the audio from that with headphones.

Dec 9, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #9,536 of 48,566
So, hmm, that has me curious, is there a way to get CMSS-3D on PS3?

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #9,537 of 48,566
So, hmm, that has me curious, is there a way to get CMSS-3D on PS3?

I didn't think so, but maybe... Optical is how the Recon3D connects to PS3 and Xbox, if you've seen any other optical input soundcards those should work. For example, an internal soundcard like the one I posted has an optical input, theoretically anything that accepts a Dolby Digital Live 5.1 signal over optical input should work, though there may have to be some settings craziness to get it working, and an internal soundcard would of course require your console and PC to be running at the same time. People like Nameless PFG already know the answer, and more fully than I.

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #9,538 of 48,566
Quote:

I never knew that... although I never started selling till I hit about 1,000 posts. Now I've sold 2 things [one guy never got back to me after paying e.e] and bought 2 things... looking to sell my Zune as well.

I might get a Mix Amp, when I get my Wii U. As monster hunter would love some serious Surround sound! Gatta here those baddies creeping up behind me :3 

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #9,539 of 48,566
I never knew that... although I never started selling till I hit about 1,000 posts. Now I've sold 2 things [one guy never got back to me after paying e.e] and bought 2 things... looking to sell my Zune as well.

I might get a Mix Amp, when I get my Wii U. As monster hunter would love some serious Surround sound! Gatta here those baddies creeping up behind me :3 

Might wanna rethink that. The Wii U uses LPCM, not Dolby Digital, as well as it not having an optical output.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=500865

The only way(s) to get virtual surround on the Wii U is most likely through receivers with HDMI inputs that convert multi-channel PCM to virtual surround. Probably Silent Cinema, and other non-DH surround.

I wonder what Astrogaming and other headset makers are gonna do with the Wii U.

This sucks, but it may also be a blessing. We may finally get these companies to make devices like the Mixamp to accept HDMI and convert all forms of multi channel sources to virtual surround, and not just Dolby Digital.

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #9,540 of 48,566
Quote:
I wonder what Astrogaming and other headset makers are gonna do with the Wii U.

From the list upcoming titles: 2013 Releases

Probably not too much - 3 out of 4 platforms work with their product and the Wii U seems a bit below the tipping point to demand a hardware overhaul.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back