Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Feb 29, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #4,411 of 48,562

Quote:
And perhaps your TV supports one of these surround techniques?

I doubt that. My believe is that there is some surround processing going on on the Xbox/Blu Ray player.

I am also considering the Yamaha receiver now, but I can´t find too much on Silent Cinema. Not many people seem to use it. I just figured I will give the Yamaha a shot, try Silent Cinema and if I like it I keep the receiver and buy a speaker set in the next 6 months or so.
In the beginnung I just wanted a good pair of headphones (and nothing else!) but sometimes this is where it goes...

Feb 29, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #4,412 of 48,562
Well its not quite like that. I bougjt some coupons back before christ?ass. I didnt realize they shut down for a few weeks during the holidays. By the time they came up ces was almost on so I wanted to see if they had anything new coming out. I used one to get a gift card to mmake sure it will work. So I dont think I can get a refund since I used it already. That and my second cupon does not work right even though astro said it should.
If I knew someone who wanted the headset I would get it and sell it off just think I would never get around to doing it.

Can you buy stuff and then return it for cash? Seems like an option to consider.

Feb 29, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #4,413 of 48,562
You can still buy the 5.8 mixamp only in there U.K store the shipping will be high 

Feb 29, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #4,414 of 48,562

Quote:
They will NOT be selling the mixamps on their own anymore. If you want one now you have to buy it withe the headset for "the full gaming experiance".

WOW.  That's bad.  I just talked with a support rep and he said he was also confused why it was now being bundled only.  He was bummed out b/c he wanted them separate as well.

It's a bad decision, whoever made it.  They killed something great they had going for them.  I don't know if they're trying to clear out headset stock or what. 

The wired mixamp is still sold separately.  But F that...it still pisses me off 
mad.gif

Feb 29, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #4,415 of 48,562
Wow... horrible.

I always sad, Astro sucks, Mixamp aside. Now, I'll be recommending the AX720 or DSS2. At least with the AX720, you can consider the headset free.

Mar 1, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #4,417 of 48,562
I trust my friends at AVS and the ones who have tried it say it doesn't compare to Dolby Headphone.

I'd be willing to try it, but I don't exactly have a need for it.

I'm considering getting the new white M50s as my beater can/Vita use.

The PS Vita has a pretty weak internal amp, that isn't exactly bringing out a lot even in the D7000. I honestly have to attach the E9 to get some oomph out of them.

Considering the Vita is stereo only, the M50s would suit it well, and unlike my other two mains, the M50 gets almost no benefit when amped.

The KSC35 sounds fine out of the Vita, but the clips hurt like hell after an hour or so.

The M50 is damn comfy once stretched out. I do miss mine.

Mar 1, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #4,418 of 48,562
Looks like I may just have to get a mixamp pro. Not sure if I would get money back if I used a code. Sure dont want to give them more money for a headset just for wireless. Just really pissed me off that they still have the mixamp 5.8 on there site but intend to never sell it alone.

Is there much point in getting a battery pack for the pro since it has to be wired to someting anyways?

If not will just have to buy some random stuff to get my money worth. Since I have no choice but to buy there stuff now. Maybe I will get a recon once they release there wireless puck for any headphone.

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #4,419 of 48,562

Quote:
Looks like I may just have to get a mixamp pro. Not sure if I would get money back if I used a code. Sure dont want to give them more money for a headset just for wireless. Just really pissed me off that they still have the mixamp 5.8 on there site but intend to never sell it alone.
Is there much point in getting a battery pack for the pro since it has to be wired to someting anyways?
If not will just have to buy some random stuff to get my money worth. Since I have no choice but to buy there stuff now. Maybe I will get a recon once they release there wireless puck for any headphone.

Is the battery pack any different from just using 4 AA batteries? Because not having to power the Pro with USB could be useful--1 less wire, and in my part of the world USB cables tend to run shorter than optical cables, so connecting my MixAmp to the Xbox was a hassle.

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #4,420 of 48,562

Quote:
Is the battery pack any different from just using 4 AA batteries? Because not having to power the Pro with USB could be useful--1 less wire, and in my part of the world USB cables tend to run shorter than optical cables, so connecting my MixAmp to the Xbox was a hassle.

Makes no diffrence , the only real reason to get a battery pack is if going to a mlg event sometimes theres isnt enough usb slots left for everyone to plug in . 

Mar 1, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #4,423 of 48,562
Yeah, you can't charge batteries. It has to be the Astro pack for both the Pro and 5.8.

The Mixamp Pro will have a ton of wires attached, so I find the battery pack useless. I did get one for my wired Mixamp... useless.

If you plan on sitting far from the setup and need the Mixamp near you, I suggest going on Monoprice and getting a long USB cable, 1 long optical cable (non fancy), a short optical cable, a long digital coaxial cable, and the coaxial to optical adapter to hook the latter two with. The adapter will allow you to hok up two consoles with optical outs, since the Mixamp has one optical, and one digital coaxial input (both same SQ). If you plan on gaming with the Wii or standard stereo equipment, may as well pick up a long RCA cable too.

With all that, the Mixamp will be a tentacle monster, I suggest something that holds all those cables together.

Mar 1, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #4,424 of 48,562
Yeah, you can't charge batteries. It has to be the Astro pack for both the Pro and 5.8.
The Mixamp Pro will have a ton of wires attached, so I find the battery pack useless. I did get one for my wired Mixamp... useless.
If you plan on sitting far from the setup and need the Mixamp near you, I suggest going on Monoprice and getting a long USB cable, 1 long optical cable (non fancy), a short optical cable, a long digital coaxial cable, and the coaxial to optical adapter to hook the latter two with. The adapter will allow you to hok up two consoles with optical outs, since the Mixamp has one optical, and one digital coaxial input (both same SQ). If you plan on gaming with the Wii or standard stereo equipment, may as well pick up a long RCA cable too.
With all that, the Mixamp will be a tentacle monster, I suggest something that holds all those cables together.

Yeah, that mess is just why I wanted the 5.8. Guess I can just hook it into an amp control the volume with that and leave the wires at my tv. Wishing I didnt return the dss.

Now if monster and dolby can finish going to court together so they can release their own mixamp. But not many like monster either. The asking price was good considering it had lithium battery in it.

www.sonicelectronix.com/item_29752_Monster-Ultimate-Gaming-Surround-Sound-Amplifier.html?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=froogle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back