Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Apr 2, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #30,108 of 48,566
bubbles-1.png

You've hurt her feelings. You're a terrible person.

Tara Strong FTW.

Apr 2, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #30,109 of 48,566
Said no sane person ever.
tongue.gif

Buttercup is life.

+1

Did you solve your chat issue, Mad?

smile.amazon.com/Syba-SD-CM-UAUD-Adapter-C-Media-Chipset/dp/B001MSS6CS

Apr 2, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #30,110 of 48,566
Originally Posted by Stillhart /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like this one too.  2-1 for the cute non-anime pic!

Originally Posted by AxelCloris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My name is AxelCloris and I endorse the Go Go Dancer.

You don't get to vote. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 2, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #30,111 of 48,566
I like mad's Avatar too, though I thought it might've been from the Transistor game somewhere.

Kinda annoyed that the white is from an elbow/glove, not like just a white bubble placed there for aesthetic reasons.

Apr 2, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #30,113 of 48,566
I like mad's Avatar too, though I thought it might've been from the Transistor game somewhere.

Kinda annoyed that the white is from an elbow/glove, not like just a white bubble placed there for aesthetic reasons.

That game is so gorgeous...

Apr 2, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #30,114 of 48,566
I guess I'll leave it to you guys to back me up 
tongue.gif

Mad will probably change it OT anyway :]

Apr 2, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #30,117 of 48,566

Ugh, couldn't get into it. I hate when games just assume I like the characters at the start with no background.

I like stories that dump you in with no background and start using words that you have to figure out as you go along.  Think Dune, Clockwork Orange, Anathem, that sort of thing.  Combine that with good music and good art and it's a winner in my book...

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #30,118 of 48,566

That game is so gorgeous...

Transistor is awesome!

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #30,119 of 48,566
Perhaps not that much headphone related but considering the profile pic discussion, close enough. Does anybody here know of a place that sells unsold gaming/audio/video stuff? There has to be a warehouse, somewhere in this world filled with still good gear that for some reason was not sold.

Apr 2, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #30,120 of 48,566

Ugh, couldn't get into it. I hate when games just assume I like the characters at the start with no background.

I like stories that dump you in with no background and start using words that you have to figure out as you go along.  Think Dune, Clockwork Orange, Anathem, that sort of thing.  Combine that with good music and good art and it's a winner in my book...

"In medias res" (in the middle of things) would be the literary term. I love it as a plot device (when it's done right, at least). Critical backstory turns into puzzle pieces that unravel the mystery for the audience. It creates dissonance between the subjective and objective reality. What do the character's actions mean? She just killed a guy... why? Is this person good? Bad? It all becomes a mystery to unravel.

Another good example (and relevant to the gaming thread!) would be this internet short based on the game Portal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4drucg1A6Xk

Who is this woman? Why is she here? What are the notches on the wall? Why hasn't she escaped? By sticking the viewer in the middle, you can allow the backstory and main story unfold together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back