Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Aug 6, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #25,141 of 48,562
Looks like you can find the HP200 on sale for $150 right now if you check the usual places.

Aug 6, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #25,142 of 48,562
Hello guys, I need present for my parent for his BD so i decided to buy him headphones/headset because he likes playing games on PC. Firstly i saw headset HyperX Cloud and in reviews they were saying about amazing sound, but in some review they said that they are just for playing games (i mean that they are not so good in other ways). And now i found on internet a lot of articles where they were saying that it is better to buy audiophile headphones and mic.

So i am asking u for ur help pls.. Which one?

1. HyperX Cloud (some guys said they are not so bad for music, i wanna headphones mainly for gaming but for 70+ € i wanna more :D) and i can get them for 71 € now... they have nice 15Hz - 25000Hz but i am not sure what does it really mean :D

2. Creative AURVANA Live!2 .... i can get them now for 86€

3. AKG K 619 ... for 83€

4. Pioneer HDJ-500-R.... 82€

5. Audio-technica ATH-T500.... 78€ or others for about 70-80€ or less if they are better :D

I need fast help please. Thanks in advance :)

Aug 6, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #25,143 of 48,562
Can you find a pair of the original Creative Aurvana LIVE!
The original CAL! are more refined than their successor.

Samson (not the Korean Samsung) and Superlux also have impressive models in your price range, though the treble would be too sharp for me.
Koss PortaPro might look a little funny, but they're lightweight and very good for the price, lifetime warranty as well.
Dunno if you have Skullcandy headphones in Europe, but the SLYR is very good and has a mic if you want it.

Those are all good options.

Aug 6, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #25,146 of 48,562
Aug 6, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #25,147 of 48,562
thinking of jumping on the
Philip Fidelio X1
Astro Mixamp Pro 2013 - is this really necessary for gaming on PS4, Vita and PC? - I currently own the Sony PULSE Elite
VModa BoomPro - for the mic... but is the cable resistance an issue?
Monoprice Cable - replacement cables to overcome stock cable resistance issues

Aug 6, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #25,148 of 48,562
  thinking of jumping on the
Philip Fidelio X1
Astro Mixamp Pro 2013 - is this really necessary for gaming on PS4, Vita and PC? - I currently own the Sony PULSE Elite
VModa BoomPro - for the mic... but is the cable resistance an issue?
Monoprice Cable - replacement cables to overcome stock cable resistance issues

If you want virtual surround through your headphones, then yes, you'll need the Mixamp for the PS4.  Otherwise, just plug the headset right into your controller for stereo.

Don't know about using a Mixamp with the Vita, I don't think it'll add anything as I don't believe the Vita has optical out.

You CAN use the Mixamp with your PC, but you're better off just getting a cheap sound card that does the same thing.

Regarding the Boompro, don't worry about the resistance.  It sounds as good, if not better, than the stock cable IMO.

That's a really nice setup, BTW.  I say go for it!

Aug 6, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #25,149 of 48,562
The PS4 is here.

Apparently this is what constitutes a "4" rating out of 10 on Cowboom. For saving $200 I'll gladly take these scratches. Simply superficial, nothing more.

@Stillhart, did you pick up a controller yet? I should be setting mine up for some gameplay tomorrow. My controller is charging at the moment.

Aug 6, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #25,150 of 48,562
  The PS4 is here.

Apparently this is what constitutes a "4" rating out of 10 on Cowboom. For saving $200 I'll gladly take these scratches. Simply superficial, nothing more.

@Stillhart, did you pick up a controller yet? I should be setting mine up for some gameplay tomorrow. My controller is charging at the moment.

Yep, I got my controller on sale at Target and I've been playing since last Friday.  Mine's in the same "condition" as yours was:  perfectly fine.  

BTW, I picked up the free demo of BF4 on the PS3 and played the campaign for a couple of hours.  It's pretty fun.  I might have to grab the PS4 version... should be worth $28.

Aug 6, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #25,151 of 48,562

Yep, I got my controller on sale at Target and I've been playing since last Friday.  Mine's in the same "condition" as yours was:  perfectly fine.  

BTW, I picked up the free demo of BF4 on the PS3 and played the campaign for a couple of hours.  It's pretty fun.  I might have to grab the PS4 version... should be worth $28.

Yeah, once I get my PS+ activated I'll be picking up the game. Tempted to get the bonus content as well but I'm not sure I will. I mean, Destiny is out next month, so...

Aug 6, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #25,152 of 48,562

Yeah, once I get my PS+ activated I'll be picking up the game. Tempted to get the bonus content as well but I'm not sure I will. I mean, Destiny is out next month, so...

That's my thought as well.  Between TLOU, the free XBL games, the free PS+ games and BF4, I don't think I'm going to need the DLC pack before Destiny starts the flood of amazing new games this fall.  Heck, I might not even need/want BF4.  I'll play some more of the PS3 version before I decide...

Aug 6, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #25,153 of 48,562
  Yeah the HP150 is supposed to be basically the same as the HP100 but maybe a little more refined.  If nothing else, it's worth it just for the straight cable.  I'm not really familiar with the DT150, so it'll be nice to hear about it.

I just got the Beyer DT 150, I'm really impressed. Initial impressions is that it's warm, musical, lush, quite neutral, clear, detailed, transparent, natural sounding, good imaging, and a large soundstage for closed-back. Oh and the bass is powerful, deep, textured, impactful, and has a lot of body. Doesn't really sound like a Beyer, more akin to a Senn in sound but not quite. It doesn't really give the impression of being closed, doesn't quite have the air of an open back but also doesn't sound closed-in. It seems to be in the K612's and K712's league in terms of sound quality. I'll see how it turns out with some burn-in and after the pads break in. Comfort is quite good for a closed-back and it doesn't clamp too much. One odd thing is the cable comes out of the right side instead of left. I'm getting the feeling this may end up my favorite headphone.

Aug 6, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #25,155 of 48,562

Yeah, Destiny will be out in a month... and it will take up most of our gaming time when it releases. The BF4 Premium sale price is entirely worth it, though. Five map packs, with one yet to be released, and tons of extra content and weapons to unlock. Trust me, you will not want to feel left out of the squad when we hit up the new map servers and such... especially when we hit up Operation Metro.

That's my thought as well.  Between TLOU, the free XBL games, the free PS+ games and BF4, I don't think I'm going to need the DLC pack before Destiny starts the flood of amazing new games this fall.  Heck, I might not even need/want BF4.  I'll play some more of the PS3 version before I decide...

I had the PS3 version before the PS4 released. It's nice, but a completely watered down version of BF4 on next gen. The good thing is all your stats will transfer should you decide to upgrade...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back