Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Aug 5, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #25,126 of 48,562
The PS store shows $35 as the normal price.  Maybe they dropped the price AND put it on sale?

$35 is the sale price for those who don't have PS+. So, yes, we get $7 off from the original sale.

Aug 5, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #25,127 of 48,562
$35 is the sale price for those who don't have PS+. So, yes, we get $7 off from the original sale.

Ooooh, okay.  Well that makes it a much better deal then.  So yeah, how long is the sale?  lol

Aug 6, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #25,130 of 48,562
If I even have a place by the time Destiny comes out, that will be the game I play with you guys.

My roommate is moving out, and my lease is over next month and I have no clue what I'm gonna do, so times are about to get much harder. Not sure I'll be have a place to live (aside from crashing on couches), let alone be able to get anything in the next few months.

What a difference getting paid 2 dollars more an hour would make in my life. I wish I could just afford a small studio apartment. No more relying on roommates.

Aug 6, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #25,131 of 48,562
If I even have a place by the time Destiny comes out, that will be the game I play with you guys.

My roommate is moving out, and my lease is over next month and I have no clue what I'm gonna do, so times are about to get much harder. Not sure I'll be have a place to live (aside from crashing on couches), let alone be able to get anything in the next few months.

What a difference getting paid 2 dollars more an hour would make in my life. Ah well.

I hear that my friend. An additional $2/hr is more than $4k over the year. Huge difference. If it's any consolation I could possibly find myself moving to SF in the next few weeks. The land of $2,000/mo apartments, at least that's what they are around where I'll need to be. May have to consider a long commute to save on the monthly rent. I'll probably be making payments on a house in Ohio and an apartment in Cali for a few months at least.

Aug 6, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #25,132 of 48,562
That's intense.

I see a studio here for $529/month, and I would LOVE it, but I barely got by paying $385/month for half my current rent.

It really is impossible for those of low income to live alone, when all the bills pile up.

I thought long and hard before I rebought another Sportapro last week, since my KSC75 messed up and needed something for work. $23, and I was stressing it.

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #25,133 of 48,562
That's intense.

I see a studio here for $529/month, and I would LOVE it, but I barely got by paying $385/month for half my current rent.

It really is impossible for those of low income to live alone, when all the bills pile up.

Any chances of stepping up to a better paying security group? You have plenty of experience. Also, it may be beneficial to earn your license to carry since armed security pays a whole lot more.

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #25,134 of 48,562
Yeah, I have a friend who might get me in working on driving guarded trucks. If I work nights, it'd be like $3.45 more an hour and i could definitely afford a studio for myself. Of course, it'd be a lot more dangerous, and I need a gun license as well.

He just told me about this today, so we'll see.

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #25,135 of 48,562
Things are just flat out bad here in most of Florida for the middle class. At least, I can relate with MLE. Decent paying jobs just aren't easy to come by. That, plus many personal reasons is why I went back to school.

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #25,136 of 48,562
I'm actually, really, REALLY stressed out. On the verge of a breakdown, but I'll keep that way from Head-fi.

Aug 6, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #25,138 of 48,562
Vented something fierce yesterday on facebook. Like... shamefully. Amazon stated my delivery was Delivered the day before. Laser Ship LOVES to leave my packages at the front door without knocking or a notice, so when I saw that it said delivered, and there was nothing there... I snapped, it was the last straw amongst the many things that are stressing me out. I was about to call Laser Ship and just curse the hell out of everyone at customer service, but then I read to wait 24 hours, because they sometimes state that it's delivered before they actually deliver. So I waited until today, and it seems it had been sitting at my front door for about 6 hours (I wake up at 10pm for work), as it was wet (rain or sprinklers, I dunno), but my Sportapro and some usb cables I ordered were untouched.

Thankfully, I came to work, snapped on the Sportapro drivers to my KSC75 clips, and listened to music while on patrol. The warmth and fullness literally calmed me down... it had been awhile since I had these.

Aug 6, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #25,139 of 48,562

Absolutely wonderful!  Mad, you should really add this to the guide.  This is a really helpful video.  It also reinforces my opinion that SBX sounds much better to my ears.  The spacial cues are significantly better for me.

No, I agree with you, which is why I have 2 Recons and an Omni.  The only reason I'm using a Mixamp 5.8 is because I need/want wireless in my main living room because I sit so far from the TV.

I agree with Feg tho, looking forward to DTS Headphone X.  Feg, can you elaborate on the comment about the TAC?  It won't process actual DTS?

Turtle Beach gave a somewhat stupid excuse http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-update-7-9-2014-ultrasone-hfi-15g-added/24660#post_10722037 for not delivering a 1536 kbps DTS Interactive -> DTS Headphone X chain, instead the TAC will "only" receive the usual 640kbs Dolby Digital Live 5.1 signal. For 300$.

Hmm...I tried that, but I'm still not getting the final Dolby Headphone output.  It's just recording either stereo or the multi-channel audio, but you are still missing the final Dolby Headphone DSP output that happens outside the PC on the Xonar.

How are you recording the actual DSP output digitally?

Do you know what changes when you raise the SBX surround slider from 66% to 100%?  I don't hear a ton of difference between them. 
I assumed it was some sort of wet/dry mix. 

I haven't recorded anything in a long time and and I am outsourced away from home for a while so I can't really help you at the moment but iirc I used the stereo option since the output is binaural stereo after all. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHhwUT4BYMk&hd=1

The chain was always SBZxR/X-Fi -> optical out -> DAC

Aug 6, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #25,140 of 48,562
What's this about a BF4 sale? Maybe if it's on deep discount, I'll give it a look with that naval warfare expansion-oh, wait, PS4 version only, never mind.

This did remind me to check for all the PS+ games I didn't download yet, though. Doing it through the PS3 causes me to miss stuff and it's kinda slow, though. Gotta get in the habit of checking through the Web site, which also lets me grab the PS4 freebies in case I get a PS4 later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back