Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jun 9, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #24,001 of 48,575
If anyone is interested... I'm selling my K702 Annies. Link to post is in my sig.

Jun 9, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #24,002 of 48,575

OK, I'm interested. Going to request a review model from Turtle Beach. Time to bust out those press credentials!

Membership has its privileges... hopefully!

Jun 9, 2014 at 4:13 AM Post #24,003 of 48,575
OK, I'm interested. Going to request a review model from Turtle Beach. Time to bust out those press credentials!

Oh that'd be amazing :)

Jun 9, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #24,004 of 48,575
In anticipation of my K612 returning, tomorrow, I may be on the brink of selling them. I already returned my Momentum on-ears (60 day return policy w/sonicelectronix), since I found myself barely using them... and sold my E12 (no need for a portable amp, anymore)...

Axel, I hope you get good news in return. I'm intrigued by that little device TB has in the works...

Jun 9, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #24,005 of 48,575
Just submitted a news release to the website for the Turtle Beach products, but I doubt it contains any new information you guys haven't already read. And today (the 9th) is going to be a good day as the media embargo on a couple products will be lifted and I can talk about some cool things that are coming down the gaming pipe. I just have to wait for the right time before I can talk about them publicly.

Jun 9, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #24,006 of 48,575
I'm not sure it's fair to group V-MODA in with those other guys. V-MODA products are really good headphones that happen to be fashionable - not the other way around.

Oh, I absolutely loved demoing the M80 and M100. I'm saying I don't have a desire to buy/try them for the purpose of gaming, etc. I personally don't care for V-moda's styling.

Change, wth man, why getting rid of all your stuff again? because of your Soundmagic? You really are worse than me, lol.

I've been stuck on my Pioneer soundbar and my Ultrasone 15G. Literally not much else I need, though I'm still salivating for the 400i.

Just really wish my 15G had a detachable cable.

Jun 9, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #24,007 of 48,575
Oh it's ON! 

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/9/5791360/turtle-beach-ps4-headsets-coming-this-fall

http://corp.turtlebeach.com/media-resources/releases/releases-detail/153/turtle-beach-brings-new-line-of-feature-reach-playstation4-headsets-to-e3

Turtle Beach is putting out a bunch of headphones DTS Headphone X and a controller unit, which doesn't specifically state whether or not it does DTS.  But man, that $300 unit is insane on paper.  It must have **** sound to pack in all those cool features (DTS, magnetic charging, Bluetooth for phones, active noise cancelling, wireless, etc).

From the Forbes page:  "Turtle Beach also has a slick answer to Astro’s MixAmp in the form of the Elite Tournament Audio Controller (TAC). Compatible with PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, PC, and Macs, it has a ridiculous list of features tailored to professional gamers and gameplay broadcasters. Stuff like Dolby AC3 decoding, DTS Headphone:X 7.1 surround, sliders for mixing game and chat audio, background noise limiters, audio presets, and auxiliary inputs for plugging in a mobile device or mixing in music from an external source. Interestingly, Turtle Beach says they plan to integrate the audio controller’s features into future tournament-level headsets. So the TAC is designed primarily for gamers with existing headsets who want the extended functionality."

Notice it's compatible with Consoles AND PC/Mac, which is rare.  Very cool!

Awaiting Astro response to that.

Jun 9, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #24,008 of 48,575
Change, wth man, why getting rid of all your stuff again? because of your Soundmagic? You really are worse than me, lol.

If the HP200 is as good as the HP100, I wouldn't be surprised. I'm extremely impressed with the 100's. The 200's will be my next buy when I get the urge to experiment again (not anytime soon tho!)

Jun 9, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #24,009 of 48,575
  Thanks a ton I will look a little deeper.

Maybe I am a little confused- but you mention the SBZ as an alternative to the ModMic... are you talking about SBZ and one of the $5 mics?

If you want something a little nicer, you could always splurge for either of these. They'll should perform just as well if not better than the mod mic. 

Samson Go Mic
Blue Snowball iCE

Jun 9, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #24,011 of 48,575
  What's better for gaming out of HD595, HD558 or Fidelio X1?

Out of those 3 what are the best and why?

You should be able to easily determine the answer to that by reading the respective sections of the guide.  Here's a hint:  the X1.

Jun 9, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #24,013 of 48,575
Now that the embargo has lifted, I can talk about the SteelSeries Sentry Eye Tracker. Woot!

In a nutshell, it's a new interface device that lets you control your computer mouse with your eyes. It is also a gaming coach to train your body to improve your gaming by tracking and analyzing your Fixations Per Minute, or FPM.

Combine that with the new Turtle Beach products, we could have some amazing gaming experiences.

Jun 9, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #24,014 of 48,575
  The 595 is better than the X1 for competitive gaming the X1 for immersive.

Was really wondering about competitive gaming and whether the HD558 is better than the HD595.

So if you actually know a bit about these, it's always better to ask a more specific question.  Nobody wants to bother with a "which is the best" question with no context around it.  Just a tip for next time.

As I haven't heard the Senn's, I can't comment on which is better for competitive gaming.  I'll make a bold prediction, though, and state that you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference in a blind test.  Just get one and enjoy yourself.

Jun 9, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #24,015 of 48,575

I've been stuck on my Pioneer soundbar and my Ultrasone 15G. Literally not much else I need, though I'm still salivating for the 400i.

Just really wish my 15G had a detachable cable.

Well, the Momentums were barely getting any head time, so the $160 just felt better in my wallet. I find myself going for my IEMs more often on the go, and with this summer heat it's almost unbearable wearing anything over my ears when outside.

As for why I'm probably selling the K612? Well, you're right on that part, the HP200 is very much so the reason why. It is also the reason why I sold the E12, since I now have no need for such a juicy portable amp. While it does enhance the sound to whatever I attach it to, I now have a personal preference for less bulk on anything portable. So, this was just another example of money fairing better in my wallet... due to the E12 never getting any use, as of late....

If the HP200 is as good as the HP100, I wouldn't be surprised. I'm extremely impressed with the 100's. The 200's will be my next buy when I get the urge to experiment again (not anytime soon tho!)

As good as the HP100? Try better, my friend... 
evil_smiley.gif
... and arguably better than your Q701, as well. It is slightly better than the K612, in my opinion, which I actually like much more than the Q701. All of matter of preference, of course...

I will be back with more details after I spend a few hours comparing the two, while writing this paper for my politics class. As of now, my assumptions of the HP200 and K612 are correct, and proves that my memory serves me right. It's as if SoundMAGIC purposely tried to mimic AKG's house sound into this headphone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back