Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Nov 25, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #18,316 of 48,562
I'm a little confused with the mic situation. Is it not as simple as it was with the ps3? Currently I have my mix amp hooked up through the PS4 optical with the y adapter hooked to the mix amp and my head phones plugged into the adapter. I haven't tried to use either the dx clip on mic or modmic yet but shouldn't it work just like the ps3? It would be pretty good if it worked just by plugging into the PS4 controller itself.

*edit* EV have you tried the m100s with the boom mic? Does it work properly?

You're fine. I'm referring to my own Mixamp, which has bad feedback when I talk through the mic.

Bad for ME:

PS4 - USB/optical - Mixamp - y adapter - headphones/mic = bad mic feedback

Good for ME:

PS4 - USB (for charging only)/optical - Mixamp - headphones
PS4 Dualshock 4 - Y adapter - mic = fine

Nov 25, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #18,317 of 48,562
 hey mad lust got any info about the new G4me one from sennheiser ? am thinking of getting one but i really think that it's the same as pc 363d they also look the same ? what do you think
and i really need your help on this but my budget is arround 200$ for a headset and i need a good headset like the ath700d or hd 558 moded i know that they are the best performance/price headsets out there but i can only get them from the UK and they are so damn expensive like 120 pound for the hd 558 and 140 pound for the hd 598 but i can get the new G4me one for 190 pound if i only add 50-70 pounds more what do you think i shud get ? based on your experience also is there another deal that i should think of ?
edited: to tell the truth i don't think am getting the G4me one as i really think that they are a pc 363d just with out a 7.1 surround sound which makes the pc 363d to me a better buy am just very confused here on what i should get :frowning2: sux to be in the uk

I have the sennheiser u320's..they have got good sound..with battlefield 3 I could here people around me and vehicles..battlefield 4 is a different story..i have been ran over by a tank in bf4, because I couldn't hear it coming..i would get something with a better surround sound..i am thinkin of getting something to give them better surround sound like a mixamp or dss2?

Nov 25, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #18,318 of 48,562
Chubtoad,
I use a different brand of lapel mic from amazon (faster shipping), so I never bought the boom pro accessory. I think the one time I got a call while using the M-100 and the cable with mic it sounded ok for the other person, and the boompro is supposed to be better. If you don't already have one I think you would need a y adapter to split the mic and audio channels to different plugs.

SnakeEyes,
Since budget is a priority, I would recommend you go for a sure thing instead of those new Sennheiser things. The PC360 was an HD555 plus a mic and marketing, and I bet the newer PC363 is an HD558 (plus mic and marketing). You didn't say how much the PC363 cost?
What gaming platform are you on?
Regardless, I would recommend you get the HD558 and mod them. Separate mics are cheap and can be very good quality. You would want a good surround processor for your game platform too, keep in mind the new XboxOne doesn't yet have any surround processors available in current production and available separate (unless you have a home theater receiver with headphone surround).

Nov 25, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #18,319 of 48,562
Well I just ordered my AKG K702, xonar DGX and audio GD NFB-15.32(TCXO*1 upgrade) today and now im excited to get them by next week sometime =D
Maybe not the right time to ask but I have no clue how to adjust settings etc for either the DGX and the NFB 15.32 anyone that can give me some tips  and help in advance about settings etc for both gaming and music and then ill ask again when i get them if needed ^^

Nov 25, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #18,320 of 48,562
Quick question guys, so if I have an asus xonar DS for my 5.1 creative speakers, If I connect my headphones to the speakers instead of the sound card will it effect the sound somehow ? sorry I am very noobish in these matters, I still cant even decide on a headphone lol.

Nov 25, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #18,321 of 48,562
  Quick question guys, so if I have an asus xonar DS for my 5.1 creative speakers, If I connect my headphones to the speakers instead of the sound card will it effect the sound somehow ? sorry I am very noobish in these matters, I still cant even decide on a headphone lol.

It might... There is extra circuitry which is always good to avoid...
Usually the less stuff in your chain, the better.
I'd just plug it directly into the DS to be safe.

Nov 25, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #18,323 of 48,562
  It might... There is extra circuitry which is always good to avoid...
Usually the less stuff in your chain, the better.
I'd just plug it directly into the DS to be safe.

Actually, it depends.

If you are using digital out to the speakers, then the DAC is happening in the speaker system, and not the PC. That might produce a better sound, deepening on how good the DAC is compared to the Sound card, how much SNR he has to deal with, and how much power is going to the headphones.

Nov 25, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #18,324 of 48,562
Hey just wanted to thank you for the reviews! I'm deciding between buying the Phillips X-1 and the DT-990. I'll be pairing it with a Xonar STX and use it mostly for gaming/music and movies. Nothing competitive, but want the fun.

Just looking for a good place to order them from (in the states that is) that is reflective of the price. Any help in choosing either of those and maybe a good place to get em?

I'll be pairing em with a set of the Antlion ModMic for games and such.

Nov 25, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #18,325 of 48,562
Been playing CSGO more lately and switching between the HD650 and DT880/600 and I felt that the DT880 was much better (competitive) than my beloved Senn.  Maybe it was just me.  In any case, question, I have an Aune T1 as my DAC (its also an amp) and I have my bottlehead crack, would you plug straight from the Aune or go through the crack? which do you think would be better/accurate and why? Thank you if you have time to answer!

Nov 25, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #18,327 of 48,562
  Actually, it depends.

If you are using digital out to the speakers, then the DAC is happening in the speaker system, and not the PC. That might produce a better sound, deepening on how good the DAC is compared to the Sound card, how much SNR he has to deal with, and how much power is going to the headphones.

Yeah, I assumed they were analogue, most of PC speakers are, home theaters are a different story, obviously.

Nov 25, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #18,329 of 48,562
  Well I just ordered my AKG K702, Xonar DGX and audio GD NFB-15.32 (TCXO*1 upgrade) today and now I'm excited to get them by next week sometime =D
Maybe not the right time to ask but I have no clue how to adjust settings etc for either the DGX and the NFB 15.32 anyone that can give me some tips  and help in advance about settings etc for both gaming and music and then ill ask again when i get them if needed ^^

Welcome to Club Audio-GD.
With the 11.32, maybe just leave to switches on the left to 4/3 (default?)
There are two gain settings (L & H) use whichever sounds best to your ears.
Use the USB connection for music or any basic 2-channel audio and the S/PDIF optical for gaming and movies (I guess music is ok too)
When installing the Xonar DGX, remember to disable the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS.
Instead of the Asus software, get the "Unified Xonar Drivers".

Nov 25, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #18,330 of 48,562
  Welcome to Club Audio-GD.
With the 11.32, maybe just leave to switches on the left to 4/3 (default?)
There are two gain settings (L & H) use whichever sounds best to your ears.
Use the USB connection for music or any basic 2-channel audio and the S/PDIF optical for gaming and movies (I guess music is ok too)
When installing the Xonar DGX, remember to disable the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS.
Instead of the Asus software, get the "Unified Xonar Drivers".

Thanks =) these drivers here ? http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/ should i get the latest one or the "stable" one ? and if i look at this pic http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1532/NFB12.11.JPG  it should be "HP", "L" or "H", "USB" for music and "OPT" for games/movies, volume just change to what i prefer and then on the other two ? OS and Filter ?
Also any special settings i should have when i have installed the DGX / xonar drivers ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back