"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
May 31, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #6,346 of 6,388
I don't know what to do!! So its either buy some Mad Dogs or wait a while for HD800's. Would you describe the Mad Dogs as fun in anyway? I'm looking for a fun can to tack onto the HD650's and the DT880's. Also, to anyone wondering why I was thinking the HD800's for a fun can, I wasn't, I was just thinking of them as to stop the Head-Fi addiction. But I don't think I want to do that just yet
size]

Also, to MrSpeakers, remember when I said I'd buy them later this year as I needed money when I returned them? Well here I am
size]
size]
size]

May 31, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #6,347 of 6,388
Elwappo, very nice timing, sir!

Here are pictures of the production balanced phones...  We elected to use the very lovely locking connectors iBasso and a few others use.  They're nice aluminum housings, very tough, light, and pretty small.  Unless we have a further delay in the cables, all pre-orders currently on the books will ship by the end of next week.

P.S. I was probably taking that photo as you hit "submit."  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 31, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #6,348 of 6,388
Quote:
I don't know what to do!! So its either buy some Mad Dogs or wait a while for HD800's. Would you describe the Mad Dogs as fun in anyway? I'm looking for a fun can to tack onto the HD650's and the DT880's. Also, to anyone wondering why I was thinking the HD800's for a fun can, I wasn't, I was just thinking of them as to stop the Head-Fi addiction. But I don't think I want to do that just yet
size]

Also, to MrSpeakers, remember when I said I'd buy them later this year as I needed money when I returned them? Well here I am
size]
size]
size]

Nice to hear from you again...  And it is that time on a Friday night!

beerchug.gif

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

May 31, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #6,349 of 6,388
Quote:
Quote:
size]

size]
size]
size]

Nice to hear from you again...  And it is that time on a Friday night!

beerchug.gif

biggrin.gif

I wonder what version number I had. I'm guessing 2.9 or 3.0. The reason I ask my question, is I can't remember the sound signature, and from what I hear, the 3.2(3.3?) is a lot different.

May 31, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #6,350 of 6,388
Quote:
Elwappo, very nice timing, sir!

Here are pictures of the production balanced phones...  We elected to use the very lovely locking connectors iBasso and a few others use.  They're nice aluminum housings, very tough, light, and pretty small.  Unless we have a further delay in the cables, all pre-orders currently on the books will ship by the end of next week.

P.S. I was probably taking that photo as you hit "submit."  

Ooo. Too bad I don't have a balanced amp
size]

May 31, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #6,351 of 6,388
Quote:
biggrin.gif

I wonder what version number I had. I'm guessing 2.9 or 3.0. The reason I ask my question, is I can't remember the sound signature, and from what I hear, the 3.2(3.3?) is a lot different.

I think you had 3.0, it was right after the SF meet, yes?  If you want to know more just PM me.

May 31, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #6,352 of 6,388
Quote:
Quote:
biggrin.gif

I think you had 3.0, it was right after the SF meet, yes?  If you want to know more just PM me.

Yes.

May 31, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #6,353 of 6,388
Hey Dan,
I had 2 pairs of MDs show up at your business for tune up on Tuesday (according to the tracking), is there any estimated time of completion on those?
Thanks.

May 31, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #6,354 of 6,388
Hey the connector and balanced dog look great!! Too bad that I don't have a balanced amp. Oh well, as much as I'd like to hear them I just can't make the switch to balanced right now. 

Nice job Dan...
size]

May 31, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #6,357 of 6,388
Quote:
Dan...could you comment on what you're hearing from the balanced dog on your setup. Not sure what is permissible here. 

thanks...

Is this is whats going through your mind? "Jeez, if Dan thinks its better, I may just cave and get a balanced set up."

May 31, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #6,358 of 6,388
Haha...nope. I have a nice Schiit stack that I'm very happy with. No plans to change at all. Just curious about the potential for improvement. Besides, I'm pretty much broke. 
size]

May 31, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #6,360 of 6,388
Quote:
Haha...nope. I have a nice Schiit stack that I'm very happy with. No plans to change at all. Just curious about the potential for improvement. Besides, I'm pretty much broke. 
size]

evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back