M6 PRO Impressions
Mar 23, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #31 of 92
  The cable issues are non-existant. See my edited post for details. Long story short the cable was fine and me and Meelec's CS messed up big time in it's correct function!

the issues i had was getting the memory wire into a good position while achieving a decent seal, could combine the 2. I cut out the wire which helped but the fit still wasnt great in my ear and i couldn't get a good seal no matter what tips i used.

hoping someone makes an aftermarket solution pretty soon.

Mar 23, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #32 of 92

how do u find wire part of the cable? im sure it was the M6's i had before and i just couldnt get used to the memory wire so i cut it out.

Both cables are clear and let you see the internal cables (which are isolated individually), although they have different feel outside and different isolation material on the individual cables (one's are chrome, the others are white).

From outside to inside, there are many layers to the headphones one can distinguish:
1. The memory wire plastic layer (clear, only covers memory wire then ends)
2. The steel memory wire that sits in between 1. and 3.
3. The MAIN plastic/rubbery layer, clear in both cables, which covers individual internal cables (and mostly shields from microphonics)
4. Individual cable layers, chrome/white depending on the cable. These are opaque and you can't see past them :D

Since they're both clear on the outer memory wire and MAIN layers, you can just remove the memory wire plastic layer completely with a sharp razor (carefully not to damage the MAIN layer), pull the memory apart from the cable so you can cut it easily (e.g. with a nail cutter or precision pliers).

If you've cut the M6 this should be a similar process: the cables are pretty much the same (except from the redesigned T junction and the fact they are detachable from the earpieces). Now you have the added pro that if you mess up the process, you don't blow the entire set and can just buy another cable separately! :D

Apr 28, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #35 of 92
These are the first IEM's I have purchased in quite a while. I have listened to Shure 4's as my main IEM for a long time and wanted to update. I picked these up for $50 on Amazon and am very happy with them. I installed the bi-flanges right off the bat and they give me great isolation and comfort. I figured IEM's have come a long way since the Shure 4's and found this with this kit. I am not afraid to eq and can get some smooth sounds with these. They do sound a little crowded at high volumes but that's ok with me. Overall impressions are favorable with the comfort being a plus. I use my laptop and a sflo2 as my sources with 320kb vbr mp3's.  

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #36 of 92
These are the first IEM's I have purchased in quite a while. I have listened to Shure 4's as my main IEM for a long time and wanted to update. I picked these up for $50 on Amazon and am very happy with them. I installed the bi-flanges right off the bat and they give me great isolation and comfort. I figured IEM's have come a long way since the Shure 4's and found this with this kit. I am not afraid to eq and can get some smooth sounds with these. They do sound a little crowded at high volumes but that's ok with me. Overall impressions are favorable with the comfort being a plus. I use my laptop and a sflo2 as my sources with 320kb vbr mp3's.  

I too used the biflange but now am using the comply. I think those are the two best fitting I have tried. The triple flange is alright but not as good isolation as the biflange.

Jul 6, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #37 of 92
  Would like to note I ordered these from their site, and got lucky enough to find a coupon code for 10$ OFF! Code is BUY_AGAIN (even though it's my first purchase there). Ended up getting them cheaper at ~49$ (internationally SHIPPED!) than Amazon uk would charged without shipping (I would pay like 6£ for Portugal shipping there).

What a bargain, thanks for the tip.

just ordered a set of the M6pros for $42.94 delivered using the "  BUY_AGAIN " discount code and i'm a first time customer . so the $10 off code still works !!!
thanks for the heads up cloudpt ! :)

​i've got a set if MEE 151p 2'nd generation already coming from best buy (also for about $43 delivered) , got hung up on the BA technology (it's supposed to be very detailed) and decided to look a lil more and these m6pro got my attention . they should arrive within a few days of each other next week so i guess a few days later i'll know which is better for me . the only other buds/IEMs i've tried are gummy plus and they were terrible ! i expecting a world of difference with these MEE units . 

Aug 27, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #38 of 92
Hi,

Ive been researching these headphones past 2 days, while everything seems mostly positive and about to purchase. Are there any updated impressions/feedbacks on this? Also I was considering the RHA MA750, any comparisons?

Thank You

Dec 5, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #40 of 92
Hi,

Ive been researching these headphones past 2 days, while everything seems mostly positive and about to purchase. Are there any updated impressions/feedbacks on this? Also I was considering the RHA MA750, any comparisons?

Thank You

I would also be curious about this. Let me know if you find any info on this. Thanks!

Sent from my Moto X Pure

Dec 20, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #41 of 92
Well, I got them 3 days ago ( clear variant ) . Pretty Good for this price tag. But Yeasterday the comply foam earbuds came in contact with small amount of water andand they became oozy, weird. Today I tried to remove them and they were not coming out and my bad ( I think ) I broke one of them :frowning2: Now I am using stock earbuds (smallest) and I think After reading your post I am gonna try those triple one. Let's see what happens.

Dec 23, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #42 of 92
Hi all, quite new to the forum but saw this thread and thought I'd hopefully help some of you out with these little bargains.

I use these daily at work and have had them since June. I have a varied taste in music and these really do perform so well with anything I throw at them. Mainly use them from a sansa clip into an Askewlabs CMoy with a TLE2082 opamp into the M6 PRO's (Whole set-up cost a shade under £100) also used these with a FiiO E6, separation is somewhat less and sound stage sounds smaller and less open. Although still is a very enjoyable listen.

I personally didn't like the comply tips, nothing against them I just didn't get along with them. I now use the Dual Sealed tips and these really fit me well and give great seal. But rest assured you are supplied so many different sizes I'm sure everyone will find a set to suit their ears.

Honestly, I can say this set-up sounds fantastic, the sound stage and separation is astounding. For the what I would say is a very reasonable price of around £40 here in the UK they are a great set of portables.

I'll keep my eye on this post and see if I can offer a better review of them for you guys 
etysmile.gif

Jan 14, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #43 of 92
First time posting here and I thought I'd chime in on the M6 Pro which I received yesterday.

First impressions (unboxing) were amazing. It was like the box that doesn't stop giving. It felt like Christmas. There are so many accessories and the whole experience was that of a fairly premium product certainly better than what you'd expect for the price.

As for the sound it's a bit of a double edged knife for me. Overall I'm pining for a heavier bass. I've tried all the tips and none of them brought out any significant bass at all. I'm fairly certain that I'm getting a decent seal with the large single flange tips but cannot seem to get any decent bass levels, even at high volume. At other times I think they're wonderful, particularly for vocals. I will go through all the tips again to make sure I haven't missed the right fit. I tried the comply tips but unfortunately the inner ring pulled out of the foam on the first removal...seriously bummed about that (and I was being very careful with it too).

Kinda wishing now that I'd bought the Shure se215 or Sennheiser momentums and will probably purchase one of those or something else in the near future. It's such a shame because I absolutely love the M6 pro package and the iem is comfortable to wear as well but it feels like something is lacking. I've used them primarily with my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and also with my desktop pc and laptop.

Jan 18, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #44 of 92
Need to add something here. Initially I was pretty disappointed with these but then I installed PowerAmp on my phone. The difference with with some bass boost / eq is just amazing. These things can actually thump with some tweaking from the source. Very impressed.

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #45 of 92
I was originally using the headset cable, but decided to change to the stereo cable (I managed to damaged the microphone ring/sleeve and it's causing lots of issues with tablets and smartphones). When they said that the stereo audio cable is for maximum performance, they weren't kidding. I hear noticeible difference between the 2 when using it on my phone and external dac. Can any1 else confirm this? I notice better bass and less "congestion" from the bass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back