M6 PRO Impressions
Nov 25, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #77 of 92
  I think these are the worst headphones i have bought and used. I am baffled by the amount of good reviews and praise these headphones get. Im by no means an audiophile but i know what sounds good.

Your third sentence is negated by your first two.

Nov 25, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #78 of 92
For their price, the overall package is impressive.  They may not sound like a more expensive, multiple driver IEM, but they beat probably every-person-on-my-train's earphones in sound quality.
And might I say that the fit these provide me beats every other earphone I own.

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #79 of 92
I have a pair of these that I bought because of the head-fi reviews. I'm a keyboardist in a rock band and use these on stage and in rehearsal as my monitor system. The bass end blew pretty quickly, and I do *not* have it that loud. I've just been putting up with whooshy mud instead of bass ever since.

Somebody in this thread mentioned that the M6's may still be under warranty? I bought them from amazon.ca, and they're well outside of amazon's return period. Any input?

Any suggested upgrade? I need quality iem's on stage, and don't want something V-shaped like the ubiquitous SE215's are supposed to be.

Thanks all!

Nov 25, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #80 of 92
  I have a pair of these that I bought because of the head-fi reviews. I'm a keyboardist in a rock band and use these on stage and in rehearsal as my monitor system. The bass end blew pretty quickly, and I do *not* have it that loud. I've just been putting up with whooshy mud instead of bass ever since.

Somebody in this thread mentioned that the M6's may still be under warranty? I bought them from amazon.ca, and they're well outside of amazon's return period. Any input?

Any suggested upgrade? I need quality iem's on stage, and don't want something V-shaped like the ubiquitous SE215's are supposed to be.

Thanks all!

What do you mean "blew"? They're single driver IEMs, there's not a separate driver to break. 

Nov 25, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #81 of 92
I mean that bass tones coming through sound like they're coming through a blown speaker. Whooshy, muddy, etc. I'm certainly willing to believe that the whole thing is blown and not just part of it, but the bass is noticeably horrible. It isn't just a "fit" issue either.

Nov 25, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #82 of 92
  I mean that bass tones coming through sound like they're coming through a blown speaker. Whooshy, muddy, etc. I'm certainly willing to believe that the whole thing is blown and not just part of it, but the bass is noticeably horrible. It isn't just a "fit" issue either.

That's definitely abnormal. I'd say replace em. They should work pretty well on stage, overall, since their sound sig works for live monitoring (strong bass, highs are clear, good for keeping tempo and all). If something went sideways it sounds like they broke.

Nov 25, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #83 of 92
You might have a faulty set. I wouldn't say the SQ is bad but the detachable cable part is not durable.

I have only used them a handful of times and so the cable is still new. Im not sure how you could prove to the seller that there is something wrong.

Your third sentence is negated by your first two.

Can you elaborate please.
  For their price, the overall package is impressive.  They may not sound like a more expensive, multiple driver IEM, but they beat probably every-person-on-my-train's earphones in sound quality.
And might I say that the fit these provide me beats every other earphone I own.

I have no problem with the fit using the foam inserts. Im comparing them to my old adidas headphones which are designed for sports use and not SQ.

Thanks all!

Im not sure anyone will replace them if you blew them during use. I cannot get any decent volume from these headphones, if i try to get them to a decent volume, the little bit of bass that there is just distorts, they sound very flat. They are just not as dynamic as my previous 3 sets of headphones. I bought them from a proper source so its not like they are cheap copies off ebay.

Nov 26, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #84 of 92

Can you elaborate please.

Happily.

I'm very, very sick of people who say "I'm no audiophile, but I know what sounds good," because that's an arrogant conceit that basically says "well my tastes are what is correct, so I'm going to tell you all why I am objectively correct and you are wrong." 

You may know what sounds good to YOU, but you don't know what sounds good to the rest of the world, and given the fact that you seem to think the M6P's are such total trash, I would heavily argue that what sounds good to you is not what sounds good to most of us 'round these parts. 

Now, I sold off my M6P in favor of the P1 because I loved them and wanted the big boy version, and I'll still say that they're a gem at their price range. If you aren't a huge fan, sure, but the instant you hop in here claiming that you're some arbiter of good sound, like you're a lifelong trained expert on "what sounds good" while claiming a damn good product is the worst in the universe... I would say that, no, you really don't know "what sounds good."

Adequate?

Nov 26, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #85 of 92

Happily.

I'm very, very sick of people who say "I'm no audiophile, but I know what sounds good," because that's an arrogant conceit that basically says "well my tastes are what is correct, so I'm going to tell you all why I am objectively correct and you are wrong." 

You may know what sounds good to YOU, but you don't know what sounds good to the rest of the world, and given the fact that you seem to think the M6P's are such total trash, I would heavily argue that what sounds good to you is not what sounds good to most of us 'round these parts. 

Now, I sold off my M6P in favor of the P1 because I loved them and wanted the big boy version, and I'll still say that they're a gem at their price range. If you aren't a huge fan, sure, but the instant you hop in here claiming that you're some arbiter of good sound, like you're a lifelong trained expert on "what sounds good" while claiming a damn good product is the worst in the universe... I would say that, no, you really don't know "what sounds good."

Adequate?

Couldn't agree more with this. I too had the M6P and eventually upgraded to the P1. I think a lot of the time (perhaps even most of the time) people who complain about the sound signature simply do so because they're not accustomed to a balanced, relatively flat, sound signature. That may or may not be the case here, though. 

I must admit, I can't help but laugh when someone says "I'm not an audiophile, but..." as though an audiophile is some kind of mystical creature or prestigious status. It's usually the type of person who says "I know sound and what sounds good" that I see ending up spending all kinds of silly figures on total BS like exotic cables and what not. 

Nov 26, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #86 of 92
+100 to SomeGuyDude & TheoS53. I still have both the m6pro and the p1. While neither is at the top of my food chain anymore, I still listen to both and appreciate their sound qualities for what they are: good solid sound quality at good prices.

Feb 20, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #87 of 92
Never heard the M6Pro so not sure how interesting this news is but...
669344fd-0600-41e8-9dd2-d4e9057bc22c.jpg

9605c7c8-4a2a-4646-a8ca-002ccbe5f869.jpg

Also some engraving if you want to personalize...
a92f9079-0db0-4272-8df2-3063678ded19.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #88 of 92
I'd be interested in hearing reviews on second gen M6 Pros as well. I actually blew mine twice because I like to hear the bass guitar in my mix. Bass and single driver = no good for the old M^ Pros I guess. Hopefully the new ones are a little tougher.

Feb 22, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #90 of 92
What they wrote is wrong. The pics clearly show it is still DC plug so I don't encourage going off what they listed. The only difference is said to be a beefed up connection point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back