M-Audio Studiophile Q40 - Review, and Appreciation
Feb 21, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #93 of 139
If you are thinking of getting the hm5 pads for these, dont. Especially since you are "all about the bass"

THANK YOU!!!
I almost bought them. I just took my finger off the trigger
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #94 of 139
Alpha pads make the bass tighter and more focused..........

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #95 of 139
THANK YOU!!!
I almost bought them. I just took my finger off the trigger:D

No problem. As oregonian said the alpha pads are definitely ear sex for these. They make the bass go into overdrive, producing waaay more rumble , and extension than even the bass canon pro700mk2.
Aside from the alpha pads, none that I have tried help the q40 (there is still one more set of pads I want to try but I am going to wait a little bit more time). Alpha pads make these cans sound a tier or 2 up as far as sq/price ratio.

Mar 16, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #100 of 139
Have you contacted M-Audio? Same thing happened to mine a couple years ago, I went through customer service and they sent me a brand new pair. But I hear they might not be making these anymore unfortunately.

Mar 27, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #103 of 139
Finally got these delivered yesterday, for those of you that had the "Rattling" issue, how easy of a fix was it? Is it just tightening loose screws, or is the thing that's rattling around something that's not held by screws and needs to be glued down?

Mar 27, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #104 of 139

Couldn't bear to wait for news on the HDH50 any longer so just went ahead and ordered Q40/Alphapads. Hopefully I won't have the same stroke of bad luck as Hawaii did 
blink.gif

Quote:
  Finally got these delivered yesterday, for those of you that had the "Rattling" issue, how easy of a fix was it? Is it just tightening loose screws, or is the thing that's rattling around something that's not held by screws and needs to be glued down?

Return them immediately. Get a full refund.
Don't touch anything.

/2 cents

Mar 27, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #105 of 139
Yeah :frowning2: if it comes to that I will, kind of hoping to avoid it though since this issue doesn't seem to be that rare with these, and if I returned it I'd either end up getting another q40 which could have the same issue, or develop it down the road.

Or jump to one of the other headphones I was considering which are in a higher price bracket and was hoping to put off until later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back