LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 10, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #496 of 5,225
My gf just listened to them. She said "they sound really good, sounds really pretty".

What's a decent balanced cable to try out? Also what's the hype behind it

Dec 10, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #497 of 5,225
Just got mine today ,& with some help from SeeSax,put the red filter on the back,the black filter up front
SQ is excellent,the bass is strong,but detailed & musical,mids & treble are also excellent
An excellent IEM.,& extremely comfortable.
I'm using my desktop setup,as of now...1217 Garage Ember/Yiggy.

Could use some suggestions about which filter combinations work for you guys.

I'm new to IEMS & Filters?

I'll be using my desktop setup,for now.
When I'm ready to get mugged,I'll take them out through the streets of NYC,or do I dare?,try the subway?2nd thought-no..I'll just sit on y patio ,16 floor,and watch the planes land at JFK.,and drink some fine Russian stout,my fellow head-fier send me.

Another outstanding product from LZ,and I also,would love to meet the owner of this company,just to say thank you,for give me many,many moments of piece,with the earphones,he has built,I tip my hat to him.

Mike

Dec 10, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #502 of 5,225
Weeell Aliexpress screwed me, closed my order for no reason & never paid the vendor. If anybody wants to get paid via PayPal or Google wallet let me know, my luck with international orders is sh** lol can hook you up with a reliable vendor & willing to pay for the trouble :grin:, on a side note found a review on another site saying these had a massive profile, anybody mind posting a photo wearing these?

Dec 10, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #503 of 5,225
  "The a4 prototype scared me"?

Why?

I was able to listen to the prototype for a week, and they just weren't very good. I made many mentions of what could be improved, as I felt it sounded nowhere near $200 worth. Only two filter combos sounded decent.

It seems like LZ listened though, which really impresses me. I went from no interest in it, to buying one before Christmas now.

Dec 10, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #504 of 5,225
  I'm in the process of getting these. The a2 is one of my all time favorites.

The a4 prototype scared me, but the glowing reviews here have me convinced they were heavily improved and I need them.

No worry, A4 is obviously better than its prototype. LZ improved the IEM based on our feedbacks. (btw, when I compared the two sets of prototype I have, one of them was obviously defected.)

Dec 10, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #505 of 5,225
  No worry, A4 is obviously better than its prototype. LZ improved the IEM based on our feedbacks. (btw, when I compared the two sets of prototype I have, one of it is obviously defected.)

Yep, that was the one I had. Listening to our feedback alone is a huge reason I'm going to support them and get the a4. (The a3 just didn't interest me).

Dec 10, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #506 of 5,225
Weeell Aliexpress screwed me, closed my order for no reason & never paid the vendor. If anybody wants to get paid via PayPal or Google wallet let me know, my luck with international orders is sh** lol can hook you up with a reliable vendor & willing to pay for the trouble :grin:, on a side note found a review on another site saying these had a massive profile, anybody mind posting a photo wearing these?

Penon is selling them for $195. No discount. Well worth it though. Why did they close it, you paid right? Follow my instructions in the pm and try again

Dec 11, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #509 of 5,225
  Hi. Can you compare LZ A4 and Forrest FLC8S? Thank you.

That comparison is coming, as A4 is the obvious similar dial-able hybrid IEM at half the price almost.
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back