Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread
Nov 17, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #376 of 889
2015-11-16: Updated version 6.1.0.6
1, solve the case with the headphones into the lineout simultaneous, unplug one of the conditions of sonic boom.
2, database updates faster
3, to solve global database scanning: ogg, aiff not joined to all the problems.
4, restore the factory settings to clear Bluetooth pairing list,
5, between Bluetooth speaker with the machine, keeping pause, play two-way synchronization control

As usual, Google translated...

Nov 17, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #377 of 889
  2015-11-16: Updated version 6.1.0.6
1, solve the case with the headphones into the lineout simultaneous, unplug one of the conditions of sonic boom.
2, database updates faster
3, to solve global database scanning: ogg, aiff not joined to all the problems.
4, restore the factory settings to clear Bluetooth pairing list,
5, between Bluetooth speaker with the machine, keeping pause, play two-way synchronization control

As usual, Google translated...

Thanks JayceOoi. I notice the update file is "PAW 5000 Firmware6.1.0.6_CN". The previous update was "PAW 5000 Firmware6.1.0.5_EN".
Will there be any issues using " _CN" rather than "_EN" ? Chinese menu!!!

Nov 17, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #378 of 889

Thanks JayceOoi. I notice the update file is "PAW 5000 Firmware6.1.0.6_CN". The previous update was "PAW 5000 Firmware6.1.0.5_EN".
Will there be any issues using " _CN" rather than "_EN" ? Chinese menu!!!

Both CN and EN firmware are the same. You can download English version at official website @ http://www.lotoo.cn/page/default_en.asp?pageID=80

Nov 17, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #379 of 889
Hi, since updates are being discussed in the thread I'm curious if anyone could confirm, as & when I buy one of these, would I have to get all updates and apply one by one in their relevant order? Or does the latest include a 'roll up' of all previous updates?

Thanks in advance.

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #380 of 889

Good luck with any of it! Mine is currently stuck on "Update database". Can't power off...can do nothing!!!!
The update has to be applied to the root of the TF card. As far as I know, the only way to do this is to reformat the card (wiping out any music).
It was this reformatting that has lead to my current predicament (does it reformat exFAT or FAT32? Don't seem to get a choice.)
With little or no information regarding the firmware update, I guess you just....guess!!!

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #381 of 889
So, found reset button (hole) on bottom edge of PAW. This has reset, thank goodness!! This reset is not mentioned anywhere. I still don't know if, by default, the card is  formatted exFAT or FAT32? What is the track limit with this firmware?

Nov 17, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #382 of 889
  So, found reset button (hole) on bottom edge of PAW. This has reset, thank goodness!! This reset is not mentioned anywhere. I still don't know if, by default, the card is  formatted exFAT or FAT32? What is the track limit with this firmware?

I'm only ignoring you because I don't know lol.

Glad you found a reset hole.

Can you not take the card and throw it in a card reader, then look at the properties on the PC?

I'm not 100% certain, but sure I read 5,600 tracks. But then I've read quite a few portable player reviews lately so I could be getting mixed up. But I think I'm in the right ballpark, because although Lotto say it'll take a 2GB card (when they get made), I recall someone saying that's a waste of time since the player dbase can only go upto xxxx (which I think was 5,600 tracks - but file size & type is not related to dbase limit)

Nov 17, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #383 of 889

I'm only ignoring you because I don't know lol.

Glad you found a reset hole.

Can you not take the card and throw it in a card reader, then look at the properties on the PC?

I'm not 100% certain, but sure I read 5,600 tracks. But then I've read quite a few portable player reviews lately so I could be getting mixed up. But I think I'm in the right ballpark, because although Lotto say it'll take a 2GB card (when they get made), I recall someone saying that's a waste of time since the player dbase can only go upto xxxx (which I think was 5,600 tracks - but file size & type is not related to dbase limit)

HiFiheadphones quoted in Sept: "Bad news is that currently the PAW 5000 can only take 8000 tracks. I have no idea why we weren't told this sooner but the next firmware update will allow 20,000 tracks - this will be released in October."
This could be the start of an exciting new game. Lets call it...Chinese Whispers!!

Nov 17, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #384 of 889

HiFiheadphones quoted in Sept: "Bad news is that currently the PAW 5000 can only take 8000 tracks. I have no idea why we weren't told this sooner but the next firmware update will allow 20,000 tracks - this will be released in October."
This could be the start of an exciting new game. Lets call it...Chinese Whispers!!

Don't recall seeing any Oct update post info ref 20,000. It's worrying that LoToo aren't communicating. Chinese whispers, more like a bleedin' Chinese weekly Lotoory
beyersmile.png

Nov 17, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #385 of 889
Yes sadly I haven't heard from lotoo ever since I introduced their lotoo paw gold. Updates seems come in but they are mostly due to their local markets feedback.

Nov 17, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #390 of 889
It was via your review I got to know Lotoo and found the 5k and wanted one. They simply don't have our perception of sales & service unfortunately.
it is a great product but sadly they aren't too focused on overseas market. To be honest they were not too keen in expanding overseas at that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back