Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread
Nov 7, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #361 of 889
Can the internal amp/dac be bypassed via the Spdif/line out or via the USB 3.0? Looking for a DAP that I can pair with my GO V2+ Infinity(whenever that might actually arrived..lol) anyone?

Nov 7, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #362 of 889
  Can the internal amp/dac be bypassed via the Spdif/line out or via the USB 3.0? Looking for a DAP that I can pair with my GO V2+ Infinity(whenever that might actually arrived..lol) anyone?

Not through USB3.0, that port just for charging and data transfer only.  And yes, theoretically you should be able to bypass internal amp/DAC using PAW5k as a digital audio decoding source.

Nov 7, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #364 of 889
Nov 7, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #365 of 889
I use an optical cable to connect the paw to my micro idsd, works great.

That is a coax optical cable? Did you find a shorter length for connecting them together?

Nov 7, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #367 of 889

Normal optical toslink with mini adapters on each end. Working with sysconcepts currently to get a custom one made.

Let me know if they can oblige your request. I'm interested as well. tks

Nov 14, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #368 of 889
Can the Paw5000 read Exfat cards? Thanks

Nov 14, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #369 of 889

Going to go over and see that. When I looked at the main site, I could find nothing ref PAW 5000, only the Gold - weird. I'll look again.

I am going to go back and take a piccy, open up the box and look inside. I would say the dimensions of the box I saw were approx 12 - 14cm sq at the most, and no more than 4cm deep/thick. From your top angle, yours looks deeper. Plus the box I quickly looked at looked as though it opened from the top rather than the whole front lifting off. But the image and text layout is the same on the front.

Managed to get back to the retail outlet tonight to check out the box and contents and all looks good, the backplate and armband are in there etc. The box is very deceptive with the black sides but as your box lid lifts up in total, so does this one too.

Nov 14, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #370 of 889
The USB on mine failed. The DAP doesn't charge and won't get detected when connected to PC, it's been sent back for RMA/repair via the local retailer, who happens to be the distributor as well.

Didn't notice much of difference running my CIEMs single ended and balanced. I used to own the Glove Audio A1 and there's was significant difference when switching between the two outputs. This was supposed to be a stop-gap purchase while I waited for the Onkyo DAP but I might just keep going with this, quite a handy little player. 

Nov 14, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #374 of 889

Do you mean on 'their' site? No wonder I couldn't find it lol. But buyers seem to still be buying and happy. Somewhat of a contradiction.

Yup! Their site (Lotoo.cn)
Buyers may still be buying it...unaware there is an 8000 track limit! (Approx 800 albums). Just a modicum of support from Lotoo would be appreciated – the PAW5000 just doesn't EXIST on the Lotoo web site and as much as HiFiheadphones.co.uk try, they seem to be stymied by the complete lack of info coming from China.
FiiO might have been a better bet!!

Nov 14, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #375 of 889

Yup! Their site (Lotoo.cn)
Buyers may still be buying it...unaware there is an 8000 track limit! (Approx 800 albums). Just a modicum of support from Lotoo would be appreciated – the PAW5000 just doesn't EXIST on the Lotoo web site and as much as HiFiheadphones.co.uk try, they seem to be stymied by the complete lack of info coming from China.
FiiO might have been a better bet!!

I've seen the track limit issue reported and owners wanting and expecting this to have been lifted in updates, but not yet. I've experienced the total lack of support direct from Lotto and their member here on the forum as their representative. But all that aside, the current owners say it's a great piece of kit for the price in relation to FiiO etc, and for me who wants this primarily for the purpose of sticking on my arm as I exercise to hook up to some bluetooth headgear, there's nothing else seems to come close (and I'm discounting Sony Walkman as a competitor after reading too many negative "cons" of their gear), despite my thinking of getting a FiiO despite its lack of bluetooth. Any negs about the Lotto 5k seem on the same or similar level of a FiiO but the 5K comes with bluetooth that on the arm, even though it is not the best connection for bluetooth, will or should work as required for me. So until I can afford the player, the card, the headgear to suit best, unless FiiO or someone else comes up with a better alternative in this price range, I've really got no choice.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back