looking for suitable IEM for me
Sep 25, 2019 at 4:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

phikr1

New Head-Fier
im newbie here and dont know nor understand most technical term (so if youd spare me pls).

ok, as the title say, im looking for some wired IEM to pair it with my FiiO M3K. Mainly use it for listening to music while commuting to school/work or at home, mostly listen to Rock (any kind) and Metal (power, death, melodic, metalcore) and sometime Pop. I want it to be able to produce a clearly sound of each instrument (guitar, bass, piano/keyboard, violin, drum), also i have a preference toward female voice (my playlist consist of about 70-80% female vocal). to understand better what kind of music i listen to, you can check the youtube video i linked below

i see a lot of good bargain for bass iem in local online shop here (im from indonesia for a note) but im not sure if thats good enough, or would a balanced/neutral sound IEM be better? so what type of IEM do you recommend for my need?

ah right, as for budget, im looking at IEM under $40, i could stretch it a bit but wont go over $60. also is KZ earphone any good, im not familiar with this brand.

lastly if it would help, some example of bands i listening to are Bandmaid, Undead Corporation, Unlucky Morpheus, majiko, (K)NoW_NAME, Kisihida Kyoudan & the Aeboshi Rocket, Galneryus, or if you are more familiar with western band, Avenged Sevenfold, System of Down, Linkin Park (earlier album).

Sep 25, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #2 of 7
Hi friend, I use a KZ ZS10 Pro and it has good isolation for travel and good clarity, details, instrument separation. It's my daily driver on the subway and bus. Retails around 35 USD.
But there is a new KZ that came out called the KZ ZSX which I don't have and it has very good reviews.
KZ is not bad for the < $50 USD market and may be a good starting IEM to see what u like and don't like and you can move on from there.
A few other new CHIFI cheap and good IEMs came out recently, all less than 50 USD, like the CCA C12, TRN V90, the above KZ ZSX and the BLON BL-03, all of which I haven't heard.

I don't listen to metal at all, and only listen to a bit of pop and rock, which I think the KZ ZS10 Pro is suitable. I suggest u can ask more in these threads, where the headfiers can recommend u cheap and good IEMs:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/knowledge-zenith-kz-impressions-thread.698148/
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 6:04 AM Post #3 of 7
Hi friend, I use a KZ ZS10 Pro
But there is a new KZ that came out called the KZ ZSX which I don't have and it has very good reviews.
KZ is not bad for the < $50 USD market and may be a good starting IEM to see what u like and don't like and you can move on from there.
A few other new CHIFI cheap and good IEMs came out recently, all less than 50 USD, like the CCA C12, TRN V90, the above KZ ZSX and the BLON BL-03, all of which I haven't heard.

thanks for you answer. ive also heard good thing about kz zs10 pro while looking for some cca c10 review. but still not sure if they are the best fit for me which is why i specifically stated Rock and Metal and linked some video. tho im gonna check all of those anyway.

btw do you know any thread for rock/metal earphone? doesnt have to specific earphone thread just some general advice for looking for earphone that fit those music genre.

what would you recommend from some brand like audio technica, sony, jbl, or senheiser ?

Sep 25, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #4 of 7
thanks for you answer. ive also heard good thing about kz zs10 pro while looking for some cca c10 review. but still not sure if they are the best fit for me which is why i specifically stated Rock and Metal and linked some video. tho im gonna check all of those anyway.

btw do you know any thread for rock/metal earphone? doesnt have to specific earphone thread just some general advice for looking for earphone that fit those music genre.

what would you recommend from some brand like audio technica, sony, jbl, or senheiser ?

The CCA C10 and KZ ZS10 Pro came out this year but there are already newer models from the same companies that came out only a few weeks ago, just costing a few dollars more, so you should consider the newer models.

I don't use most western brand IEMs as the chinese brands are generally better for price to performance ratio.
I have a cheap sony, Sony MH755 which has great reviews on this forum for it's cheap price of 6 dollars with good sound quality.

As for threads on rock/metal, sorry can't help u as I don't recall seeing one in this thread. But u can just post a message in the above threads I sent u and ask them about rock and metal, I'm pretty sure someone will come to answer your queries.

Sep 25, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #5 of 7
The CCA C10 and KZ ZS10 Pro came out this year but there are already newer models from the same companies that came out only a few weeks ago, just costing a few dollars more, so you should consider the newer models.

I don't use most western brand IEMs as the chinese brands are generally better for price to performance ratio.
I have a cheap sony, Sony MH755 which has great reviews on this forum for it's cheap price of 6 dollars with good sound quality.

As for threads on rock/metal, sorry can't help u as I don't recall seeing one in this thread. But u can just post a message in the above threads I sent u and ask them about rock and metal, I'm pretty sure someone will come to answer your queries.
thank you. ive posted on there and getting some good feedback, for now im leaning toward kz zs10 pro and kz zsx, $10 difference.

Sep 25, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #6 of 7
thank you. ive posted on there and getting some good feedback, for now im leaning toward kz zs10 pro and kz zsx, $10 difference.

I have the KZ ZS10 Pro and for the price it is a very good allrounder. It can compete with some of my western midfi IEMs at a fraction of the price. Only thing is some acoustic instruments may sound a bit artificial for timbre on it, especially for treble frequencies. If u listen mostly to metal it may not be apparent. Maybe only instrumental/jazz/classical genres may be obvious.

The new ZSX from reviews has fixed this artificial timbre issue. But some reports are that the shell is bit and may press on the ear.
If u follow some shops on aliexpress they do give a fan discount, and I think I saw the ZSX $38 USD on some shops. Using the aliexpress app is also generally cheaper than desktop version.

Hope u find the IEM u are looking for!!

Sep 25, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #7 of 7
I have the KZ ZS10 Pro and for the price it is a very good allrounder. It can compete with some of my western midfi IEMs at a fraction of the price. Only thing is some acoustic instruments may sound a bit artificial for timbre on it, especially for treble frequencies. If u listen mostly to metal it may not be apparent. Maybe only instrumental/jazz/classical genres may be obvious.

The new ZSX from reviews has fixed this artificial timbre issue. But some reports are that the shell is bit and may press on the ear.
If u follow some shops on aliexpress they do give a fan discount, and I think I saw the ZSX $38 USD on some shops. Using the aliexpress app is also generally cheaper than desktop version.

Hope u find the IEM u are looking for!!
uggh i listen to some metal that incorporate violin too, so that might be a bit of trouble xD. i also like to listen to piano occasionally and there are some accoustic songs on my playlist too.
i think i can get the ZSX for about $38 on Tokopedia with freeshiping :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back