Looking for new headphone
Aug 14, 2008 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Silbert

New Head-Fier
Hey, i'm a new user on this forum and i need some help deciding wich headphones i'm gonna buy. I've been reading alot on this forum and i still haven't made up my mind. I'm mainly gonna use the headphones for music ( jazz, blues, folk, country and 60ties rock) and some movies from time to time. My budget is around 250$ and i do not intend to use an amp. And since i'm ordering the headphones at a company near me i only have the choice between Sennheiser, AKG, Audio - Technica and Beyerdynamic. I've been looking at the AKG 242HD and it seems to be what i need but i can't find alot of reviews or info about them. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Aug 14, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #2 of 4
Do they have to be closed headphones, or can you use open ones as well in your situation?

Aug 14, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do they have to be closed headphones, or can you use open ones as well in your situation?

Doesn't matter wich they are.

Aug 14, 2008 at 2:27 AM Post #4 of 4
I would have a look around on the for sale forum for a sextet, and would deff consider purchasing a dac and amp (or combo). Of the three companies I honestly can't think of a headphone that I would really recommend without an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back