Looking for a USB DAC\AMP which is not susceptible to radio interference
May 12, 2011 at 4:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kryten123

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I currently use an iBasso D10 DAC\Amp to play music through my PC at work and Laptop at home. The sound through my laptop sounds great. However, the work PC is a nightmare as I am plagued with RF interference -clicking, buzzing and that sound you hear when a mobile phone is about to ring. Having trawled the internet, it seems that theD10 is very sensitive to interference.
So my plan is to leave the D10 at home and buy something else for my work desk. I dont mind whether it is a portable or dekstop DAC, as long as it can be used via USB and is noise free. I will initially continue to use my ACS T1 earphones with it -may buy some headphones at a later stage.

Any ideas? Budget is not too much of an issue, but I dont want to buy something too WOW, as it will be left on my office desk.

Thanks for all ideas

May 12, 2011 at 6:14 AM Post #2 of 3
It could be the USB connection, not radio interference. Have you tried using it connected by some other means?

May 12, 2011 at 8:03 AM Post #3 of 3
I've also tried it on a 2nd office PC which is a different model and still have similar noises, albeit not as much as the 1st PC. I think there maybe some noise coming from the USB, but there is definitely phone interference as I can tell when someone is getting a text or a call coming in. Being work PCs, the inbuilt soundcards are very basic and so, I only have the option of using USB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back