Look at this - disgraceful
Sep 23, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #62 of 121
Just to make sure nobody mistakes it as not being sold probably
tongue.gif
lots of people here whose first language isn't English. I left it in on the one thing I sold on this forum so people could use it as a reference point.

Sep 23, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #63 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I find disgraceful everyone edits out the prices of sold equipment, maybe because to keep prices high?

I have been wondering about that too. Why do everyone substitute their asking price with SOLD?

Sep 23, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #64 of 121
Expensive indeed, but not necessarily high-end (in terms of SQ). That'll be too bad for us
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by DefectiveAudioComponent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good thing if someone goes for it.

If a lot of gear sells for extreme sums, then that shows there is a market for expensive gear.

If there is a market, then why shouldn't more manufacturers want a piece of it with new high-end gear?

Sep 23, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #65 of 121
All's fair in buying and reselling and PJ5K, wish you the best on the auction and I hope it raises enough to get you well on your way to owning an HD800. The 1500.00 usd starting bid is what was the shocker for me but since then I know that you lowered the starting bid and good luck!

Sep 24, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #67 of 121
Sep 24, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #68 of 121
A lot of FS gear sells for less than was asked for. Also, flipping gear ON head-fi for profit is not permitted, as that makes the transactions essentially commercial. Note that it's not the same as buying something, using it then later on selling it at a higher price because it has been discontinued etc.

Anyway, I think people should get over it. People are free to do what they choose, and we are free to show our own standards in what we choose to do or not do, and they are only headphones ***.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 24, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #69 of 121
Geez - what's the issue here? Calm down everyone. Let the free market reign and let's all just relax. No harm is being done - nothing immoral or unethical here at all. Just a pair of cans up for auction - nothing more. Good luck PJ with your auction.

Sep 24, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #72 of 121
Hopefully whoever buys them will appreciate the sound they produce and not the investment opportunity

I don't plan on ever parting with mine, so I guess there are only 499 of them left

Sep 24, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #74 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruffle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't there a law that prohibits people from buying a product to just resell?

No.

The law has a huge bias against such laws - it's usually referred to as "restraint of alienation." Alienation is the ability to dispose of an item as the owner wishes.

There are few absolutes in the law, but restricting what someone can do with what they own (especially transfer of ownership) is about as close as it gets.

There are some contractual restrictions that may be entered into, such as a retailer agreeing to sell to particular sales territories and at a certain price, etc., however, there is zero restriction for someone reselling something.

Oh, and I'm talking about the US. I'm not sure about other countries, and this seller is in Israel. I'm not familiar with Israeli law.

Also, there was no contractual limit or even suggested terms when the HF-2 was sold. You paid for one, you got one. There was nothing in the sales contract forbidding sale or the price of resale. Not that anything like that would have been terribly enforceable in the first place.

Haloxt, are you saying that a $1,500 headphone is an impulse buy? Come on. Anyone who can throw that kind of money around probably doesn't have to worry about food on the table.

Sep 24, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #75 of 121
Well golly gee - they are now standing at a whopping huge bid equivalent to $200.00 US .......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back