Look, a celebrity wearing Grados in public
Aug 15, 2008 at 7:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 68

kingkevo25

Head-Fier
Saw this pic on a celebrity-gossip site. Taken yesterday, the pic is of John Mayer sporting Grado RS headphones. I'm sure he's an audiophile; he mentions in a recent guitar magazine interview that he uses Alessandro speakers and cabinets, mogami cables, and A/Bs tubes in his guitar amps for the hell of it.

Anybody know of other celebrity audiophiles?

john-mayer-lax-8138-2.jpg

Aug 15, 2008 at 8:16 AM Post #3 of 68
aren't they alessandro MS Pro ?...sad that he is probably running them unamped from his iPod
biggrin.gif

Aug 15, 2008 at 9:59 AM Post #6 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Planar_head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are Grado RS's for sure, unless the MS Pro's have wood that light in color.

Then again... can't be sure... Got a higher rez picture?
smily_headphones1.gif

I am pretty sure they are the MS-Pro. Look at the letterings near the bottom of the cup, which should be "Grado Labs". The new RS-1 should have "RS-1" instead near the bottom.

Btw, the photo is over-exposed and that's why the colour of the wood is so light.

Aug 15, 2008 at 10:20 AM Post #7 of 68
Also, if the guy promotes Alessandro speakers and cabinets, then wouldn't it be logical for him to also use their Headphones?
wink_face.gif

Aug 15, 2008 at 10:30 AM Post #8 of 68
they are missing the wooden button in the middle of the grill that would read "RS1" so are probably alessandro

Aug 15, 2008 at 10:42 AM Post #9 of 68
Good points! Dumb of me to forget about the wooden button considering I own Grados and Alessandros.

And indeed he is an A-list celebrity... dates Jennifer Aniston, dated Jessica Simpson, toured and is friends with Clapton. I know too much about pop-culture :/

Aug 15, 2008 at 10:53 AM Post #10 of 68
guys, the new grado rs1s and rs2s have no more buttons in the middle. Anyway, they are probably alessandros because looking at the bottom part it seems to be longer than just rs1 or rs2. It probably says grado labs which definitely means it is the mspro

Aug 15, 2008 at 1:05 PM Post #14 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaques /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, if the guy promotes Alessandro speakers and cabinets, then wouldn't it be logical for him to also use their Headphones?

Which probably means he didn't pay a dime for them.

Aug 15, 2008 at 1:15 PM Post #15 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Planar_head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are Grado RS's for sure, unless the MS Pro's have wood that light in color.

Then again... can't be sure... Got a higher rez picture?
smily_headphones1.gif

I think we need someone to stalk him to get that paparazzi photo. I nominate you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back