Logitech UE 9000 vs AKG K845BT
Apr 27, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #31 of 71

When you press the headphones up against your ear you do a couple things, first is that you do tighten the seal, second, if you cup over any holes, you can also adjust airflow in and out of the housings (and the drivers), third, you adjust the distance of the drivers from your ears...  All of those will change the sound a lot :p

EQing won't hurt the headphones, depending on who you ask, it can hurt the sound file that is being adjusted in real time. 

Thanks for the info.  So far digging the headphones.  I have to say though I miss the bass a bit, but like I said I'm a bit of a basehead and I do have the EQ set to bass boost. Going to try without it this week to/from commute to work.  I guess just like any other thing, you get used to it.

Apr 27, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #32 of 71
  Thanks for the info.  So far digging the headphones.  I have to say though I miss the bass a bit, but like I said I'm a bit of a basehead and I do have the EQ set to bass boost. Going to try without it this week to/from commute to work.  I guess just like any other thing, you get used to it.

You ended up getting the UE 9000 right?  Those are already a little bass heavy XD.  Especially in BT mode :p 

Apr 27, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #34 of 71
  Actually the k845BT's.  I've heard the UEs a are a bit bass heavy, but I really wanted to give AKG a try. 

That would explain it a little better.  They have excellent bass depth, but definitely aren't a basshead phone :p  If EQing works for you, go for it :) 

Apr 27, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #35 of 71

That would explain it a little better.  They have excellent bass depth, but definitely aren't a basshead phone :p  If EQing works for you, go for it :) 

Yeah, which is why I wanted to try the AKG's.  I wanted to try something different that aren't such a basshead phones and more balanced/clarity. :)  But I have high hopes for this week. 

Apr 27, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #36 of 71
  Yeah, which is why I wanted to try the AKG's.  I wanted to try something different that aren't such a basshead phones and more balanced/clarity. :)  But I have high hopes for this week. 

LOL.  Hope everything works out well for you :p 

Apr 29, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #38 of 71
Coming in late on this, and I am a newbie. With that said, bluetooth are my main interest because my main mobile items use them. Also, my two mobile items, Samsung Note 3, and Note 10.1 2014, support aptx, I make sure that any bluetooth headphones I get support aptx. From what I understand the AKG845BT does not have aptx, and the UE 9000 does. My two Samsung Notes, just like Hi Res Audio players can play Flac, and other hit bit audio files. 

I have the Harman Kardon BT, and the Sony MDR 1RBTMK2.. Both support aptx.. The Harman Kardon BT is good, but the MK2 is way over it..

Again, IMO, at the day and age, getting bluetooth should have aptx..

Apr 29, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #39 of 71
  Coming in late on this, and I am a newbie. With that said, bluetooth are my main interest because my main mobile items use them. Also, my two mobile items, Samsung Note 3, and Note 10.1 2014, support aptx, I make sure that any bluetooth headphones I get support aptx. From what I understand the AKG845BT does not have aptx, and the UE 9000 does. My two Samsung Notes, just like Hi Res Audio players can play Flac, and other hit bit audio files. 

I have the Harman Kardon BT, and the Sony MDR 1RBTMK2.. Both support aptx.. The Harman Kardon BT is good, but the MK2 is way over it..

I haven't tried APTx so I don't know and I'm an Apple boy and unfortunately they don't support APTx.  So far I am happy with the k845BTs and really can't complain.  The UE 9000's are tempting though.  I keep hunting for stores around me to see if they still carry them so I can try them out.

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #40 of 71

AKG K845 > Harman Kardon BT IMO...  The treble on the HK is just too fatiguing and way too edgy for my tastes...  The AKG gets better extension and is less edgy with the same level of detailing.  The UE 9000 is a bit too v-shaped for my tastes unfortunately, a little too boomy as well when in BT mode :/ 

Apr 30, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #42 of 71
Aren't the k845BTs 50mm drivers? Not sure if that makes a huge difference. The HarmonKardon BTs was another choice of mine.

They are 50 mm, though bigger drivers doesn't always equate to better sound. 

May 2, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #43 of 71

Wow! Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. So, if I am playing FLAC files on my phone, a headphone aptx capable would give me (all other variables equal) a better sound quality than a non-aptx headphone, right?

And what about streaming services like Rdio or Spotify? or even Google Music. Would any of those make use of aptx profile?

If you are using FLAC files, you'll want an APTX compatible headphone. For web services, they generally use MP3 (most modern BT devices support that). iTunes Radio is the exception as it uses AAC.

Last question, I promise!!

What about video? Does aptx provide any improvement while playing any kind of video (netflix, mkv, avi, mpg, qt, youtube, whatever)?

Thanks!

May 2, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #44 of 71

What about video? Does aptx provide any improvement while playing any kind of video (netflix, mkv, avi, mpg, qt, youtube, whatever)?

Thanks!

Videos use their own audio codecs (MP3, MP4, AAC, etc). This goes down to the headphone's supported codecs.

May 2, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #45 of 71

Thanks!

Videos use their own audio codecs (MP3, MP4, AAC, etc). This goes down to the headphone's supported codecs.

Damn, I am really sorry, but I am a total noob. I did not understand your answer. Videos use their own audio codecs, like mp3, mp3, aac, etc. Does that list also incluso lossless codecs like ogg or FLAC that would supposedly benefit from aptx profile?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back