Livewires - California Dreamin'
Feb 8, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #676 of 3,902
That is very expensive, this will set me back another $70 or so, sigh, I can't put into words how angry I am right now, especially if the LW team did misspell my name, won't blame em, mistakes happen! But if my name was spelt right, the work mailroom are gonna get an earful from me!

I've alreayd spent $400 AUD on these, another $70 isn't gonna push me!

Feb 8, 2008 at 6:37 AM Post #677 of 3,902
Why don't you just have FedEx re-deliver to the correct name, or fix things with the mail room, and save $70?

I can get a nice steak dinner for my wife and three kids at "The Outback Steakhouse" for that. Outback Steakhouse
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 8, 2008 at 6:59 AM Post #678 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why don't you just have FedEx re-deliver to the correct name, or fix things with the mail room, and save $70?

I can get a nice steak dinner for my wife and three kids at "The Outback Steakhouse" for that. Outback Steakhouse
very_evil_smiley.gif

man... gotta love outback steakhouse

Feb 8, 2008 at 8:22 AM Post #680 of 3,902
Taxi cost me $60 but yea, I couldn't wait any longer.

Anyway, I have them now, still trying to sort out the whole fit thing, its so much different.

Will not saying anything untill I am comfortable with them

Feb 8, 2008 at 10:28 AM Post #681 of 3,902
Ok

As soon as I got off the taxi in the city, I tried em, but couldn't fit properly so sounded ****.

Got home, sat down, read instructions, put them in properly, and them BAM, found a sweet spot, and wow fom the first listen, I am impressed
smily_headphones1.gif

Pics:

n571610728_903917_5345.jpg

n571610728_903918_5559.jpg

n571610728_903919_5762.jpg

n571610728_903920_5948.jpg

n571610728_903921_6134.jpg

n571610728_903926_7121.jpg

n571610728_903927_7337.jpg

n571610728_903928_7549.jpg

More to come on Sunday when I have time to sit and listen and AB SF5s!

Feb 8, 2008 at 10:38 AM Post #683 of 3,902
nice ^^^ except did you know you can get colors for free?
smily_headphones1.gif
ha clear looks good too though..the westone cable and red/blue indicator are ingenious.

hope you like 'em. and after all this time I hope there's nothing wrong..

Feb 8, 2008 at 11:04 AM Post #684 of 3,902
I love the Clear look
biggrin.gif

Something may be wrong, they are big! Like, if you look:

IMG_0258.jpg

vs

they feel kinda bulky, and kinda hurt as well, also, isolation isn't as great as i expected i can hear myself type when the volume is low, but once music comes its all good!

otherwise, still getting used to the fit, a bit painful i am not sure of thats normal, but yeah

glad they are finally here!

Feb 8, 2008 at 11:52 AM Post #686 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the Clear look
biggrin.gif

Something may be wrong, they are big! Like, if you look:

IMG_0258.jpg

vs

they feel kinda bulky, and kinda hurt as well, also, isolation isn't as great as i expected i can hear myself type when the volume is low, but once music comes its all good!

otherwise, still getting used to the fit, a bit painful i am not sure of thats normal, but yeah

glad they are finally here!

Yes, looking at that comparison it could be a case of needing some time for your ears to adjust to them a bit.

As you know, FeedMeTrance, my first set were too small and slotted into the ears too easilly. My second set were much thicker (like yours look) and it took a full month for my right ear to settle with that - I did experience physical pain if I didn't wear the bling part of the cable in a different way (looked weird but it seemed to be 'just' touching the inner lobe a fraction and that was the pain - since they've settled in though I can now wear the bling in the normal position, as you have it shown). I felt initial discomfort with the left ear but the ear (and I?) adjusted within the first week or so.

BTW, I had my audiologist have a look at them (he was interested) and he was able to check where they weren't settled well/rubbing could be occuring. Perhaps you could get someone to take a close look for you too.

Both sets it was my right ear that was the most problematic, although the left ear of the second set is definitely also an improvement on the original set. Are you experiencing your issues with both ears or different issues with different ears or perhaps different levels of the issues with different ears?

I still occasionally get the impression there isn't as good a seal as I'd like because, as you describe, I can hear more outer sounds than I think I should be able to. But, on reflection, I find this is partly because they don't isolate as well as the biflange tips I previously used with my UM2s and partly the reduced isolation is at particular frequencies - for instance, particularly with music running as you indicate (even relatively quiet orchestral), I can barely hear a Sydney bus passing right in front of me whilst waiting at the pedestrian crossing yet I can hear the train announcements whilst waiting at a station.
confused.gif
So I think the isolation is better at certain frequencies than at others.

Hope you find them more comfortable/more settled in the coming days. And, as I've suggested in my PM to you try them with different equipment and different pieces of music to see if the concerns you have are consistent across that variety (i.e. they are to do with the Livewires, no matter what you feed them) or vary because it's more a 'synergy' issue with particular equipment/music.

Feb 8, 2008 at 11:54 AM Post #687 of 3,902
Yes, they do look rather large for his ears. This is the problem with these things, if you have to send them back its ok if you live in America although if you live overseas it can be a royal pain, not to mention the extra cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back