Livewires - California Dreamin'
Feb 6, 2008 at 6:16 AM Post #631 of 3,902
After hearing all the good things about LiveWires and their company...i've sent my impression yesterday....using "CanadaPost" and the tracking number update so slow....I'm just so anxious ~
frown.gif
for it to get to them.......and then come back to me.....
rolleyes.gif

Ahhhhh , this is going to be long...when it comes to waiting , hahahahah!

Feb 6, 2008 at 8:25 AM Post #632 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LiveWires Status:

Feb 5, 2008 12:07 PM

In transit

HONOLULU, HI

Sooon!!!

If these turn out to disappoint, you are really going to spit the dummy and go on a 3 state killing spree!!

Feb 6, 2008 at 8:30 AM Post #633 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If these turn out to disappoint, you are really going to spit the dummy and go on a 3 state killing spree!!

Don't give him ideas. I live in the next state (to the north).

FeedMeTrance, if you do go on a spree, go west, young man, go west.
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2008 at 9:41 AM Post #635 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiyako /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After hearing all the good things about LiveWires and their company...i've sent my impression yesterday....using "CanadaPost" and the tracking number update so slow....I'm just so anxious ~
frown.gif
for it to get to them.......and then come back to me.....
rolleyes.gif

Ahhhhh , this is going to be long...when it comes to waiting , hahahahah!

Congrats!

This is a good time to go through your music collection to sort, add, and edit, in anticipation of your Livewires.
cool.gif

Feb 6, 2008 at 9:54 AM Post #636 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha!

Of course these are classic signs of Audiophilia:

Audiophilia

Feb 6, 2008 at 10:54 AM Post #637 of 3,902
LMAO becareful anyone in Melbourne :p

Nah, they should be right, got two amps atm to test them with, I might, might, do a full comparison to the SF5s before I ship them out to the lucky buyer
smily_headphones1.gif

Until then, I will anxiously refresh my tracking page on FedEx, it still says the package is in Honolulu, I reallly hope that isn't the case!

Feb 6, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #640 of 3,902
Quote:

Nah, they should be right, got two amps atm to test them with, I might, might, do a full comparison to the SF5s before I ship them out to the lucky buyer
smily_headphones1.gif

Please, please, please, do a quick review with the Super.fi 5 Pro's against the LW's before sending them away. I have these as well as the Triple.fi 10's, and would absolutely love to hear your impressions on your new LW's compared to the UE's
biggrin.gif

Will

Feb 6, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #641 of 3,902
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

Why would you do that? It's not like anyone on here (especially not me) would be looking forward to that..
rolleyes.gif

Feb 6, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #642 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by wquiles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please, please, please, do a quick review with the Super.fi 5 Pro's against the LW's before sending them away. I have these as well as the Triple.fi 10's, and would absolutely love to hear your impressions on your new LW's compared to the UE's
biggrin.gif

Will

LW vs SF 5 Pro. The first thing to notice is the mids of the SF 5 Pro are more withdrawn or sucked-in. I also think the highs of the SF 5 Pro are more grainy. Lastly, the Livewires are more transparent with a good source and amp, and bring you closer to the music. The SF 5 Pro can be fun, but not as accurate as the Livewires.

Obviously a good fit on the SF 5 Pro is more difficult to attain - I had to use the Bi-flange and they always made my ears itch.

Feb 6, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #643 of 3,902
Quote:

I am work, so yeah, and is no work, so yeah, it's making me even more excited, cause I am like OMGOMGOMG.

So yeah, yeah, soon enough
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice, so you dont have to do anything, and you are funding your livewire purchase!

Im the person getting the complimenatry Livewires. Offered them many months ago, remember, in the young head-fiers thread?

Anyway, im finally getting my impressions done soon i hope. Cheapest i can get is £20 but quite a way away, or £25 more local, which i am going to go for, but £70 down the road!

Still cant choose the colour. I like being able to see inside, so clear shells is definate, i actually really like yours Cosmic, but i heard you can get white and tan cables (at an extra cost) and i am tempted to get white, and paint the connector white, or light blue, if i can get the same colour. But black goes with my zen vm but doesnt go quite so well with clear and light blue.

Feb 6, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #644 of 3,902
Hi,

Has anyone heard both the livewires and the superfreqs and could do some direct comparison?

I'm about to buy an IEM and those 2 are the only two I'm considering at this point, but owners of both say really nice things and a direct comparison of SQ/sound signature would be most useful if at all possible!
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm living on instant noodles for a while being a student to afford these!!!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back