Livewires - California Dreamin'
May 9, 2008 at 12:06 PM Post #2,253 of 3,902
I'm really trying hard to stay out of this cable discussion.

Now look what you've made me do!

Maladaptive Audiophilia is not funny!
rolleyes.gif

May 9, 2008 at 12:17 PM Post #2,255 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiyako /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey guys,
i have a question....i'm using LiveWires with RSA Predator. for some reason...i'm currently using low gain on it...and it doesn't seem like it's loud enough for me...i'm pairing them up with a Cowon D2.
Is it just my ears? or...that's normal?

whats the volume level on your d2... you probably need to raise it to a similiar dB that you'd get out from an average portable lineout, which I don't know what dB that happens to be :p

May 9, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #2,258 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiyako /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey guys,
i have a question....i'm using LiveWires with RSA Predator. for some reason...i'm currently using low gain on it...and it doesn't seem like it's loud enough for me...i'm pairing them up with a Cowon D2.
Is it just my ears? or...that's normal?

I've never tried D2 but I think my LiveWires is really sensitive. I pair it with The Hornet ( via IPod LOD and low gain ) and I could not turn the volume knob to more than 9 o'clock ..

May 9, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #2,259 of 3,902
God, finding businesses that do ear impressions is so difficult. Out of the 10 businesses I called this morning, most said they'll only do it if it concerns hearing aids, and that I use their service to purchase the said hearing aids.

One business quoted me $190 for both ears, another said $120 for both ears, and finally I found one that will do impressions for only $15 an ear.

Now the only problem is trying to find the time to go there.
tongue.gif

May 9, 2008 at 8:41 PM Post #2,260 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
God, finding businesses that do ear impressions is so difficult. Out of the 10 businesses I called this morning, most said they'll only do it if it concerns hearing aids, and that I use their service to purchase the said hearing aids.

One business quoted me $190 for both ears, another said $120 for both ears, and finally I found one that will do impressions for only $15 an ear.

tongue.gif

Good job in not giving up! $15/ear is "much" better than $190 for both ears!

I know it seems like a lot of work, but having custom IEM's is definitely worth the hassle
wink.gif

Will

May 9, 2008 at 9:47 PM Post #2,262 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif

tongue.gif

Dude, I live in the Bay Area too.

You can call ahead and they will do your ear impressions for free at their Castro Valley offices. Just give them a call and ask. San Jose to the Castro Valley isn't that far. Just take the 880 and you're there. They told me over the phone that they can even do extended hours for people that can't get impressions because they're at work, etc.

They really have such great customer service that they will find a way for you to get your impressions done no matter what.

May 9, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #2,263 of 3,902
I just got home...and what is that box(fed ex
eek.gif
) on the floor by the door.
now to figure out how to put this babies in...and hope they fit and sound perfect.
will let you guys know if everything is ok.
by the way today make a full month since I have my impresion made!

May 9, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #2,265 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by revel67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got home...and what is that box(fed ex
eek.gif
) on the floor by the door.
now to figure out how to put this babies in...and hope they fit and sound perfect.
will let you guys know if everything is ok.
by the way today make a full month since I have my impresion made!

Pics pics pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back