Livewires - California Dreamin'
May 6, 2008 at 2:25 PM Post #2,206 of 3,902
Awesome Elluzion, look forward to reading that tomorrow morning
biggrin.gif

Mine should be heading back end of this week!

May 6, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #2,207 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
livewires will be here today. I will tell you guys how they fit and if the sound got better and or if they fixed what was wrong with them beforee..
biggrin.gif

Outstanding - glad to hear. Please take some pics and let us know how the re-fit worked out
smily_headphones1.gif

Will

May 6, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #2,208 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine should be heading back end of this week!

Great news!

By the way, I am following your footsteps in that now that I have true custom IEM's, I am selling off my UE universals (both the Super.Fi 5 Pro and Triple.Fi's)
wink.gif

Will

May 6, 2008 at 4:29 PM Post #2,210 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kosmic, maybe you could get a Shure Push-To-Hear module?

Does it work with any earphone? IIRC it does.

I am thinking about getting the push to hear module as to many people want to talk to me at the gig/show with my LiveWires in place. I am always having to take one out to talk with them and after a while it gets to be a pain.

I think the unit works with most any IEM.

Below I copied this from headphone.com

A brilliant Shure advancement is the Push-to-Hear (PTH) feature which allows the listener to attenuate the music at the flick of a switch and activate a built-in microphone located on the earphone's cabling. Now you can hear conversation without having to deal with the fastidious & precise removal/re-insertion of the earphones once you've seated them into the ear canal; it's not only a huge time-saver but also minimizes wear & tear on the earphones. You can also adjust the SE530PTHs external microphone's volume via a recessed dial so you don't get blown out by loud ambient sounds. The 'PTH' product is also available separately for use with most earphone brands for $69.

Let me know if anyone knows where to buy this for less money.

May 6, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #2,211 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kosmic, maybe you could get a Shure Push-To-Hear module?

Does it work with any earphone? IIRC it does.

Shure Push-To-Hear? No no, I have something much better!
wink.gif

Check out the photos and instructions on page 1. I only need a little push on the right spot, and I can listen perfectly without removing my Livewires.

Anyway airlines require you switch everything off when you come in to land...hence the prodding air stewardess.
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #2,212 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by StudioAce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am thinking about getting the push to hear module as to many people want to talk to me at the gig/show with my LiveWires in place. I am always having to take one out to talk with them and after a while it gets to be a pain.

I think the unit works with most any IEM.

Below I copied this from headphone.com

A brilliant Shure advancement is the Push-to-Hear (PTH) feature which allows the listener to attenuate the music at the flick of a switch and activate a built-in microphone located on the earphone's cabling. Now you can hear conversation without having to deal with the fastidious & precise removal/re-insertion of the earphones once you've seated them into the ear canal; it's not only a huge time-saver but also minimizes wear & tear on the earphones. You can also adjust the SE530PTHs external microphone's volume via a recessed dial so you don't get blown out by loud ambient sounds. The 'PTH' product is also available separately for use with most earphone brands for $69.

Let me know if anyone knows where to buy this for less money.

Save your money, it degrades sound, and isn't needed. Check out photos and instructions on page 1.
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #2,214 of 3,902
I got my Livewires and they don't have any bass response. After a close look I noticed that the tube that comes from the low freq. driver is crimped on both ear pieces. They both look like a straw that is bent in half. Mine are clear so it's really easy to tell. I sent them back and start the waiting process all over again. It seems like somebody should have noticed that the tubes are crimped. Even a spot check would reveal that mine would be faulty. It's not the end of the world just an expensive inconvenience. Now I have to go buy a set of UM-2's to use while I wait on mine to get fixed.

May 6, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #2,216 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shure Push-To-Hear? No no, I have something much better!
wink.gif

Check out the photos and instructions on page 1. I only need a little push on the right spot, and I can listen perfectly without removing my Livewires.

Anyway airlines require you switch everything off when you come in to land...hence the prodding air stewardess.
biggrin.gif

Kosmic, I already use that trick, but after doing it so much I have a sore spot on the back underside of my ear. Seems like everyone want to ask you something when you have them in your ears.

The trick works fine at home with my wife , but at the show there is more noise.
cool.gif

May 6, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #2,217 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by StudioAce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kosmic, I already use that trick, but after doing it so much I have a sore spot on the back underside of my ear. Seems like everyone want to ask you something when you have them in your ears.

The trick works fine at home with my wife , but at the show there is more noise.
cool.gif

Ahh yes I wasn't thinking. You would get sore if you had to do it a lot. The Shure thingies seem like the way to go then.
cool.gif

May 7, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #2,218 of 3,902
errr earpeace keeps getting my hopes up lol. I was going to get it last wednesday, then that same friday, now i was supposed to get it today and never got it. I don't know whats going on
frown.gif

May 7, 2008 at 6:28 AM Post #2,219 of 3,902
Quote:

errr earpeace keeps lying to me lol. I was going to get it last wednesday, then that same friday, now i was supposed to get it today and never got it. I don't know whats going on
frown.gif

They're lying to you?
confused.gif

I doubt that. How are you communicating, and with whom?

May 7, 2008 at 6:50 AM Post #2,220 of 3,902
Quote:

errr earpeace keeps lying to me lol. I was going to get it last wednesday, then that same friday, now i was supposed to get it today and never got it. I don't know whats going on
frown.gif

They did some of that with me. Not sure if they needed some more time, but I had issues that I wanted fixed right and they most likely had deal with the maker of the armatures to resolve the problem. Seems that they need to find a lab on the west coast to shorten the turnaround time.

Just ask them if they have them in there office ready to ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back