Listening to headphones & speakers simultaneously
May 20, 2006 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Graz

500+ Head-Fier
Just playing around last night with simultaneous headphone/speaker listening...kinda fun/interesting...

I was using open headphones (650's), and the effect is better than I might have expected. I played around with speakers + sub, and then sub-only...both ways added something that I can't help but call positive. Very interesting to have high quality sound strapped to your noggin, and a sense of really "feeling" the sound at the same time. If I played around enuf with volume levels between the cans & speakers, I could eventually find a nice balance that, while almost certainly violating the "rules" of audiophile listening, nonetheless put a smile on my face.

Peace,

Graz

May 20, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #2 of 5
Its something that I do from time to time, but because of the way I divide my listening (housemates studying etc). Its usually one or the other. One time I did come in drunk after a heavy night at the union, stuck on my headphones and blasted out some pink floyd, about 90 seconds later there was a frightfull hammering on my door. and when I removed my headphones to see what was going on, I realised that the music was pouring full belt out of my speakers too.

Oops.

May 20, 2006 at 3:27 AM Post #3 of 5
I've described the process I use with the K1000's and speakers several times, and a number of other Head-Fi'ers have now had success with it as well. If you get the relative volume correct, it can really be miraculous.

May 20, 2006 at 5:10 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
I've described the process I use with the K1000's and speakers several times, and a number of other Head-Fi'ers have now had success with it as well. If you get the relative volume correct, it can really be miraculous.

Just saw this comment. Is it all positive when adding speakers, or do you give up some detail or openness?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back