Liquid Platinum Tube Rollers.
Jan 11, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #1,201 of 1,808
I hope so. but earlier you said "If you consider selling any 6922 if you list 6,500 as a Gm, nobody is going to buy em." You mean if I also say 6500 is NOS on my tester which is a 533A, then people will understand? Let's hope so. I guess we shall see...
Just mention NOS is 6,500 Gm for your tester and you're fine. If you just mention you're selling a pair of 6922 at 6,500 without mentioning which testerthen people will shy away.

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #1,202 of 1,808
Just mention NOS is 6,500 Gm for your tester and you're fine. If you just mention you're selling a pair of 6922 at 6,500 without mentioning which testerthen people will shy away.

Yep, got it. Thank you so much!

Jan 12, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #1,203 of 1,808
Jan 13, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #1,207 of 1,808
I have a spare pair of 7730 "O" getter for sale. PM me for price.
If you have any reservations, just ask this thread about me. Been on the forum for years selling tubes.

Cheers!
An absolutely stand up member and amazing tubes. I would not hesitate to buy those, if I was looking for some.

Jan 13, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #1,208 of 1,808
I have a spare pair of 7730 "O" getter for sale. PM me for price.
If you have any reservations, just ask this thread about me. Been on the forum for years selling tubes.

Cheers!
Thank you. I've seen your posts. Not worried about that. I don't post much, but I've been here for 15 years and I read a lot. Sending PM

Jan 13, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #1,209 of 1,808
If your other tubes work, and its just your genalex gold lions, then something with those tubes is causing the protection circuit to keep on (steady lit red led). Red light in normal circumstances should only be on 30-60 seconds on startup. Even reputable sellers can't control what happens after they have tested and matched tubes, if something happens during handling or shipping, etc. If they are truly reputable, they will give you a replacement or refund.
I've sent them back the tubes mid december and asked for a refund. They have been a right pain to deal with so far, wanting to test the tubes before considering the 'next step'.
They have not yet been able to test the tubes apparently after 3 or 4 weeks. They currently have both the goods and my cash.

Jan 13, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #1,211 of 1,808
I've sent them back the tubes mid december and asked for a refund. They have been a right pain to deal with so far, wanting to test the tubes before considering the 'next step'.
They have not yet been able to test the tubes apparently after 3 or 4 weeks. They currently have both the goods and my cash.

Yeah is the seller a well known store or some ebayer? There shouldn't be much thought in figuring out what the next step is...send you replacements or a refund. It's not that hard. Sorry you're having a hard time with them. Yeah I agree with @TK16. Fight that if you can.

If it was just shipping part, I could understand that. There are items i ordered in early December, that are only getting to me now (thanks USPS). Between extreme volumes and also shutting down some post office branches...its a pain to say the least.

Jan 14, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #1,212 of 1,808
Yeah is the seller a well known store or some ebayer? There shouldn't be much thought in figuring out what the next step is...send you replacements or a refund. It's not that hard. Sorry you're having a hard time with them. Yeah I agree with @TK16. Fight that if you can.

If it was just shipping part, I could understand that. There are items i ordered in early December, that are only getting to me now (thanks USPS). Between extreme volumes and also shutting down some post office branches...its a pain to say the least.
A quite well known UK retailer. I've opened a paypal dispute and that seems to have speeded up their response. Although they're currently refusing to refund the initial shipping costs at the moment. So we're haggling ( as I understand the UK consumers rights 2015 act entitles consumers to a refund of the goods + initial shipping costs if the items sent are not 'fit for purpose')

Jan 14, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #1,213 of 1,808
A quite well known UK retailer. I've opened a paypal dispute and that seems to have speeded up their response. Although they're currently refusing to refund the initial shipping costs at the moment. So we're haggling ( as I understand the UK consumers rights 2015 act entitles consumers to a refund of the goods + initial shipping costs if the items sent are not 'fit for purpose')
If you feel like disclosing the source, it could be helpful for others to know and avoid this seller. If not I understand and respect that too. :slight_smile: I have found some amazing tube dealers and some really crappy ones over the years, and like to keep a list of the good ones.

Jan 14, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #1,214 of 1,808
If you feel like disclosing the source, it could be helpful for others to know and avoid this seller. If not I understand and respect that too. :slight_smile: I have found some amazing tube dealers and some really crappy ones over the years, and like to keep a list of the good ones.
Its hot rox.
In their defence I think they're working on reduced staffing levels at the moment due to Covid, nonetheless that should not prevent them from issuing a full refund rather than a partial one.
Today they claim to have tested the tubes and found nothing wrong with them. Now as I understand, 6922 tubes should fit within some set of electrical tolerances and if within those tolerances, the LP amp will accept them.

Jan 14, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #1,215 of 1,808
Its hot rox.
In their defence I think they're working on reduced staffing levels at the moment due to Covid, nonetheless that should not prevent them from issuing a full refund rather than a partial one.
Today they claim to have tested the tubes and found nothing wrong with them. Now as I understand, 6922 tubes should fit within some set of electrical tolerances and if within those tolerances, the LP amp will accept them.
Thanks for the info, and sorry you are still having issues with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back