Lilith Audio Player
Jul 4, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #16 of 505
There's no way to get better sound than ASIO or kernel streaming with foobar/winamp/whatever, if by "better" you mean more faithful to the source. If you're looking for tone, just get an EQ and add all of the coloration you want.

Jul 4, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #17 of 505
Enthusia, I wasn't looking for a trite statement that they think it sounds better, I wanted to know why their code is special. What majic code discovery did they make so that their player does sound better than foobar or others (if it does, which we have little evidence on either way).

Jul 5, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #18 of 505
I can't read anything when I try to install it... so I didn't...

frown.gif

Jul 5, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #19 of 505
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't read anything when I try to install it... so I didn't...

frown.gif

There is a link to a how-to in the first post. I do not see any benefits with this player, so foobar is still my choice.

Jul 5, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #20 of 505
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enthusia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its made by Japanese people and the people who have listened to it, like it better than foobar.

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

Jul 5, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #21 of 505
Come on man, its JAPANESE! But seriously speaking I am not trying to be trite at all, I think this player sounds better than foobar2000. It is my opinion and I just want others to download Lilith and to see if they prefer it over foobar2000. All I can say is, just download and try it, takes like 2 seconds.

Jul 5, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #22 of 505
I just want yuo to send me some moneys. According to my calulcatians, the more money I have the better. Therefore, in my opinion, you should send me some. Come on, just takes 2 seconds!

You know what else takes 2 seconds? Placebo.

Jul 5, 2008 at 9:03 PM Post #23 of 505
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0dhi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just want yuo to send me some moneys. According to my calulcatians, the more money I have the better. Therefore, in my opinion, you should send me some. Come on, just takes 2 seconds!

You know what else takes 2 seconds? Placebo.

Okay, can you please stop. I am trying to actually share something useful I found, not beg for money. If you don't have anything useful to say then don't say it. There is a link to download an audio player, that's it, try it or not, just don't act dumb.

Jul 5, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #24 of 505
I can't try it, as I don't use Windows. I run Linux, and find Amarok takes care of all my needs.

In exactly the same way as decoding a .doc file gives you a visible document, there is only one way to correctly decode a digitally-stored music file. Why would "Lilith" be better than any other program?

If it is streaming accurate audio, then it should be identical, should it not?

~Phewl.

Jul 5, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #25 of 505
Not exactly my friend, just like with different text files requires different text readers, such as adobe reader and microsoft word. Not all software programs are the same and that is why different people or groups create programs that seem like they are the same, but actually one works better than the other. That is what I am trying to say with Lilith and foobar2000, but it is based on my opinion, so if you can't test it out yourself, well that is too bad then. Although linux is a great operating system it does lack alot of programs that windows has. This isn't a thread for arguing, just try it out the software for those of you who can, if you like it then keep using it, if you don't then go back to the regular audio player you've been using, it is as simple as that.

Jul 5, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #27 of 505
Quote:

Not exactly my friend, just like with different text files requires different text readers, such as adobe reader and microsoft word. Not all software programs are the same and that is why different people or groups create programs that seem like they are the same, but actually one works better than the other.

No. Microsoft Word will decode Microsoft Word files how they are meant to be. Other programs may do it in a similar fashion - even exactly how MS Word does it. But they cannot do it better, because there is only a certain amount of information and detail in there.

A program cannot add information. If it does, then it is not accurately rendering the information available to it.

Quote:

Although linux is a great operating system it does lack alot of programs that windows has.

That has nothing to do with this conversation?

Quote:

This isn't a thread for arguing

Very true. So, how about being factual and telling us exactly how it sounds better? 100 bytes is 100 bytes. Anything that decodes the 100 bytes accurately and renders audio will give the same output time after time...

~Phewl.

Jul 5, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #28 of 505
You absolutely have no idea what your talking about do you, programs get updated everyday meaning they get better and better, a program doesn't have to add information to be better, it can use less memory, it can be coded to work faster than that other program. You want to know why I think Lilith is a superior program, well when I listen to music with it, I feel more immersed, it is as though the sound is more realistic more detailed. It brings me more joy listening to Lilith than any other player. Like I said before this is my opinion, please read the messages before. People just don't get it do they. Let me say this again this thread isn't about arguing, use the player, post your opinion on it, don't question why it's better because obviously I would use my opinion in describing it.

Jul 5, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #29 of 505
I use foobar V0.9.2.

Won't ever upgrade, it works exactly how I want it to.

Getting a new PC w/Vista might force me. Does V0.9.2 work on Vista?

Edit - The only reason I see to upgrade, is it being slow. Which it is not.

Besides wouldn't more RAM and a faster CPU/s inherently make any program faster?

Jul 5, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #30 of 505
Quote:

You absolutely have no idea what your talking about do you

Cheers for that. You've made an excellent argument as to why this program is better than anything else, congratulations.
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

, programs get updated everyday meaning they get better and better, a program doesn't have to add information to be better, it can use less memory, it can be coded to work faster than that other program.

Faster decoding or using less memory is an obvious improvement. But it'll make no difference what-so-ever to the sound produced.

Quote:

You want to know why I think Lilith is a superior program, well when I listen to music with it, I feel more immersed, it is as though the sound is more realistic more detailed. It brings me more joy listening to Lilith than any other player. Like I said before this is my opinion, please read the messages before. People just don't get it do they. Let me say this again this thread isn't about arguing, use the player, post your opinion on it, don't question why it's better because obviously I would use my opinion in describing it.

Well, let's try this.

Quote:

<Font size="10"><Font face="Verdana"><b>Hello. I am a digital representation of some text, stored in a file.</b></Font>

The above digital file will, if correctly decoded, write a text string on the screen, with a font size of 10, using the font "Verdana", in bold.

How the heck can you improve on that? So long as the file is being read correctly, and rendered how it should, how can it be improved upon? Don't start with such nonsense as anti-aliasing or font colours - the file is very specific as to what needs to be done to render the text as it was intended to be...

Simple answer - it can't be done.

~Phewl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back