Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Jun 20, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #2,103 of 5,933
Awww, quite a while...

Jun 20, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #2,104 of 5,933
hello, I'm just discovering this dap project and crowdfunding, however I'm french and not necessary familiar with some american language...
Could someone explain me what is the "indiegogo perk price" and "MSRP" ?
Is it a price for the guys who put some bucks for the project?
If so, what amount and when is it possible to do it, and get the "reduced" price?
Thanks!

Jun 20, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #2,105 of 5,933
hello, I'm just discovering this dap project and crowdfunding, however I'm french and not necessary familiar with some american language...

Could someone explain me what is the "indiegogo perk price" and "MSRP" ?

Is it a price for the guys who put some bucks for the project?

If so, what amount and when is it possible to do it, and get the "reduced" price?
Thanks!

First the project is completed which means you cannot contribute to it anymore. The only way to get a Geek Wave is if you buy from a current owner and the owner would be willing to let it go at his/her originally contributed price.

Now in general the way it works is the project owner sets up perks wich are contributions towards what the perk is defined. You have to remember it's not like buying goods from a vendor, all kinds of risks can happen, from late delivery to a project owner not being able to deliver the item. Your recourse for collection is very limited however once a project owner delivers, it's felt from the backers that the price is enticing compared to how much it'd sell (MSRP) in the opened market.

Jun 20, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #2,106 of 5,933
Thanks for your reply, so it means the only two ways would be the one you tod me and the other would be to byu for retail price on market , right?
I will wait for second hand , I have time , I would buy a good dap for 2016 , and it will leave time for reviews and some in the classifieds.
Thanks a lot.

Jun 20, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #2,107 of 5,933
I'm thinking that we'll see them some time around RMAF, October.

I thought the Wave 32 had no timeframe at all because of a purported unavailability of memory chips?

As for the others, weren't we told August? Although I personally doubt lhl's ability to ship at that time.

Firstly they only have one 3D printer that will already be going flat out printing a MAXIMUM of 150 GO v2 cases per batch to meet the GO orders. How are they ever going to produce the Wave at the same time?

Secondly they haven't finished designing core components of the Wave yet. And it is the middle of June already.

Jun 20, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #2,108 of 5,933
Based on what happened with the LH labs other offers, the Geek Out and the Pulse, I'd guess it won't be too difficult to find a used one at a decent price once it is released. The waits are so long until the item comes out, many have bought other units already by the time they receive the LH labs gear. I, for instance, went for the Wave (and too much other LH labs stuff, but I digress...), at about the same time, the Pono was being crowdfunded as well, went for that after I went in for the LH Labs Wave (if I remember the order correctly, wouldn't swear to it, but they were about the same time). Already have the Pono for a good while now, I'll see how the Wave compares when it finally comes out (hoping it's MUCH better, went for the fully upgraded version...). Pono, by the way, is a fine DAP, loved by critics (and taking flack from lay press and people for Neil Young's hyperbole), not a bad way to go in the interim.

Jun 20, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #2,109 of 5,933
Let's hope so!
Tt's a shame they don't offer customisable amp boards versions as for the hifiman stuff, you have to choose IEM or headphones version, shame when you have both.
Don't know if too late or not, but it would get a good suggestion.

Jun 20, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #2,110 of 5,933
There was a "perk" during the campaign to have the option for either on a unit, but that won't be the standard version, if my memory serves me well...

Jun 20, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #2,111 of 5,933
The folks at LH labs have been very quiet about the Wave for the past few weeks; I don't know if this is a good or a bad sign.  Larry Ho posted a nice update a few weeks ago, but only sounds of crickets since then..   Further, I haven't seen anything official about the Verb-X IEMs in quite a while, and C Hartwell has "masterfully" skated around questions regarding the status of the Verb X for weeks.... The Verb X must have been a total and complete "back to the drawing board" experience for the LH lab crew after the disappointing Verbs...   At this pace, I'm going to have to list the Wave  (and possibly the Verb X) in my will, cause I'll probably be dead and buried before they ever become reality...

Jun 21, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #2,112 of 5,933
  The folks at LH labs have been very quiet about the Wave for the past few weeks; I don't know if this is a good or a bad sign.  Larry Ho posted a nice update a few weeks ago, but only sounds of crickets since then..   Further, I haven't seen anything official about the Verb-X IEMs in quite a while, and C Hartwell has "masterfully" skated around questions regarding the status of the Verb X for weeks.... The Verb X must have been a total and complete "back to the drawing board" experience for the LH lab crew after the disappointing Verbs...   At this pace, I'm going to have to list the Wave  (and possibly the Verb X) in my will, cause I'll probably be dead and buried before they ever become reality...

True, they've been quiet, but that's pretty normal, sadly. At least if they went back to the drawing board with the Verb, that only benefits us, unless you were really looking forward to them coming with the Wave. And depending on your age/health, I don't know if we need to get that drastic about everything. It's pretty par for the course (though at times painfully mishandled) for this sort of thing. It'll come all come in (past)due time.

Jun 21, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #2,113 of 5,933
True, they've been quiet, but that's pretty normal, sadly. At least if they went back to the drawing board with the Verb, that only benefits us, unless you were really looking forward to them coming with the Wave. And depending on your age/health, I don't know if we need to get that drastic about everything. It's pretty par for the course (though at times painfully mishandled) for this sort of thing. It'll come all come in (past)due time.

My prediction is that before they ship all the Waves to backers they will announce that they have actually been developing a Wave v2 for the past 18 months and that since it is already designed and because it is not a crowd designed project it will immediately ship and will go to another round of "crowdfunding" on indiegogo, where they can make any sort of claim and not have to deliver or refund.

They have struck gold on thie risk shifting strategy where they do not have any kind of delivery risk and no obligationto refund anything. Its wonderful if you can continue to get away with it as a manufacturer, I guess. Lol.

Seriously though, the lack of updates is really galling. Where are the regularly promised updates of Larry's R&D chart. It is supposed to be a realtime update of what he is actualy doing, but it has since been taken off the website after months of zero movement on the Wave.

If it hits August without any news i am going to just buy a Questyle QP1 ...

Jun 21, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #2,115 of 5,933
My prediction is that before they ship all the Waves to backers they will announce that they have actually been developing a Wave v2 for the past 18 months and that since it is already designed and because it is not a crowd designed project it will immediately ship and will go to another round of "crowdfunding" on indiegogo, where they can make any sort of claim and not have to deliver or refund.

They have struck gold on thie risk shifting strategy where they do not have any kind of delivery risk and no obligationto refund anything. Its wonderful if you can continue to get away with it as a manufacturer, I guess. Lol.

Seriously though, the lack of updates is really galling. Where are the regularly promised updates of Larry's R&D chart. It is supposed to be a realtime update of what he is actualy doing, but it has since been taken off the website after months of zero movement on the Wave.

If it hits August without any news i am going to just buy a Questyle QP1 ...

I echo pretty much everything you're saying, but it's not worth the energy involved in allowing this stuff to occupy space in your head. They're going to go about things more or less the way they have been, so the best thing to do is sit tight and try to be patient. Larry's update sounded pretty good, and I'm hopeful it'll begin shipping this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back