Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Jan 21, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #1,096 of 5,933
I wonder is the original "premium" design still happening, or are all the Waves going to look more or less like smartphones?

Anyway, I bit the bullet and went for the new DAC-chip as it was somewhat reasonably priced, although I feel it should've been a freebie for the original backers. Still haven't received the confirmation email either...

Jan 21, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #1,098 of 5,933
Yeah, the memory news is not good as a 32 backer. 

I am also confused about whether DAC capability is standard on all the Waves now. I paid extra for that as a perk. But it appears standard for the 64 from the chart. So if I upgrade from 32 to 64, do I get refunded from a perk that is now standard issue? 

Jan 21, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #1,099 of 5,933
  Yeah, the memory news is not good as a 32 backer. 

I am also confused about whether DAC capability is standard on all the Waves now. I paid extra for that as a perk. But it appears standard for the 64 from the chart. So if I upgrade from 32 to 64, do I get refunded from a perk that is now standard issue? 

I could swear this has been there for a very long itime ( the problem with the memory on the 32 model).

Jan 21, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #1,100 of 5,933
Just got the DAC upgrade - 22 clams was well within my range of reasonable, especially since it's a dual dac.

Jan 21, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #1,101 of 5,933
So Wave 32 doesn't have the dual SD card slots. How will its appearance differ from the other Wave models (non-titanium and non-carbon fiber editions)?
Geek_Wave_with_HIFIMan_HE-400i.jpg

Looks okay to me. Nothing out of the ordinary though, and I'm not a fan of a glossy, greasy, fingerprint-magnet front panels unless it's specially treated with an oleophobic layer like Apple's iDevices. It's kind of gross handling people's touch screens at local Head-Fi meets, to be honest...

Jan 21, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #1,104 of 5,933
So Wave 32 doesn't have the dual SD card slots. How will its appearance differ from the other Wave models (non-titanium and non-carbon fiber editions)?
Geek_Wave_with_HIFIMan_HE-400i.jpg

Looks okay to me. Nothing out of the ordinary though, and I'm not a fan of a glossy, greasy, fingerprint-magnet front panels unless it's specially treated with an oleophobic layer like Apple's iDevices. It's kind of gross handling people's touch screens at local Head-Fi meets, to be honest...

Is this a render?  I think it looks pretty nice and like it better than the original design but I do wonder how they handle the titanium, carbon fibre and regular versions. However the physical buttons seem to be missing.  Those are a must.

I would like LH to address the wave 32 memory issue as soon as possible.  I can't help but think the silence is designed to encourage the upgrade perk to 64.

Jan 21, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #1,105 of 5,933
Is this a render?  I think it looks pretty nice and like it better than the original design but I do wonder how they handle the titanium, carbon fibre and regular versions. However the physical buttons seem to be missing.  Those are a must.

I would like LH to address the wave 32 memory issue as soon as possible.  I can't help but think the silence is designed to encourage the upgrade perk to 64.

Agree with the render and buttons.

On the 32 issue what are you looking for? More clarification on if the memory shortage is still a problem?

Take care

Jan 21, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #1,108 of 5,933

Yeah I like it more than the original design too, but that's not saying very much. The older render was based on the iPhone 3GS. XD

As for buttons.....I'm not sure at this point anymore.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-wave-a-no-compromise-portable-music-player
Touch & Gesture Control

Geek Wave's intuitive design allows you to control it in multiple ways. First, you can touch its screen to easily move from song to song, through playlists, or to turn the volume up or down. If you want to set it down on a flat surface, simple gestures above the screen will accomplish the same thing!

I wasn't expecting a touch interface. :/

With regards to the operating system:
AOS1 is the first OS of its kind. There's nothing superfluous. Only the most necessary functions to playback high-rez music have been included. The entire operating system takes up only 47 kB of space. That's it. Because of this lack of overhead, Geek Wave boots up from a dead stop and is ready to play any audio file you have loaded in less than one second.

Interesting!

Jan 21, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #1,109 of 5,933
Agree with the render and buttons.

On the 32 issue what are you looking for? More clarification on if the memory shortage is still a problem?

Take care

I want a definitive answer and spelled out options. Indefinite delay and 'not looking good' are not acceptable answers. I also don't think paying the regular upgrade price to wave 64 is a good answer when LH already has backers money for the 32. Whenever LH paints themselves into a corner, they seem to always expect the customer to just spend more.

Yeah I like it more than the original design too, but that's not saying very much. The older render was based on the iPhone 3GS. XD

As for buttons.....I'm not sure at this point anymore.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-wave-a-no-compromise-portable-music-player
I wasn't expecting a touch interface. :/

With regards to the operating system:
Interesting!

Oh I forgot about the ugly 3GS render.  I meant I liked it better than Vitto's design.

The operating system seems like an interesting idea. Hopefully they pull off a nice clean, simple implementation. 

I like the direction everything seems to be taking for the most part, just don't leave out the buttons. I do not want to have to pull the wave out of my pocket and perform sign language to get it to skip a song or change the volume, otherwise my wave may be seeing a healthy dose of middle finger gestures. 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 21, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #1,110 of 5,933
Oh I forgot about the ugly 3GS render.  I meant I liked it better than Vitto's design.

The operating system seems like an interesting idea. Hopefully they pull off a nice clean, simple implementation. 

I like the direction everything seems to be taking for the most part, just don't leave out the buttons. I do not want to have to pull the wave out of my pocket and perform sign language to get it to skip a song or change the volume, otherwise my wave may be seeing a healthy dose of middle finger gestures. :rolleyes:  

Oh that design. You said "original," so I thought you meant the 3GS one. : p
Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of Vitto's design too.

I too really hope the physical buttons aren't removed. I jailbroke my iPhone mainly to use the volume up/down buttons for media control (FF/RW/Play/Pause) so I don't have to take my phone out of my pocket, turn on the screen, look down on the screen, increase the brightness if necessary, hit the media button of choice on the screen, turn off the screen, look back up to the world around me, put phone back in pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back