Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Oct 11, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #751 of 5,933
That is exactly what I thought... they also had a sign in bold saying that Geek Force people were welcome... Just not right now.

Yeah I am a bit bitter. One of my main objectives in going was to meet them at the show.

Well if I don't get the opportunity to get back over there... so be it.
Hopefully more than a few will at least get to hear something from them.
The analog section, isolated... not sure what we get. The system including the DSP is what I would love to audition.

The focus of the demo room upstairs was the Keep since it was being unofficially announced at the show. I can understand how you'd be bitter about the closed room events. They were intended for press and industry insiders to get a listen to the Keep in a controlled environment. Basically there was a chair in the room located in the sweet spot between the speakers and they made appointments in order to get a closed room demo. The room was open between press/insider sessions. I happened upon Gavin in the room the first time I went up Friday evening. It happened to be open so we talked for a few. As I understand it the scheduled slots booked completely Friday evening. I was simply lucky enough to get into one of those closed sessions by being in the right place at the right time, otherwise it's possible I might not have had the chance to listen for more than a few moments on Friday.

I did get a chance to catch Gavin and listen to the Stream today so once I have penned my impressions I'll post them here.

Oct 11, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #752 of 5,933

Roger that! 

On the plane on the way to Denver right now and will be sure to report back my thoughts to you all as I have the chance. 

Am also on the hunt for a pair of TOTL IEMs/CIEMs that will be the equal of the GW XD128 Ultimate. Going to be spending a lot of time at the Noble Audio and JH Audio booths trying out their K10's and Roxanne's respectively.  

Please no, not the Roxanne. If you must the Noble Kaiser 10. Having spent a bit of time demoing both, I'd still recommend the UERM as the best TOTL CIEM I've heard.

Oct 11, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #753 of 5,933

The focus of the demo room upstairs was the Keep since it was being unofficially announced at the show. I can understand how you'd be bitter about the closed room events. They were intended for press and industry insiders to get a listen to the Keep in a controlled environment. Basically there was a chair in the room located in the sweet spot between the speakers and they made appointments in order to get a closed room demo. The room was open between press/insider sessions. I happened upon Gavin in the room the first time I went up Friday evening. It happened to be open so we talked for a few. As I understand it the scheduled slots booked completely Friday evening. I was simply lucky enough to get into one of those closed sessions by being in the right place at the right time, otherwise it's possible I might not have had the chance to listen for more than a few moments on Friday.

I did get a chance to catch Gavin and listen to the Stream today so once I have penned my impressions I'll post them here.

I do get it. Still they publically  invited all Geek Force members to stop by.
I wonder how one asked for an audience... or how they knew that they needed to? With some notice and the way to make an appointment..
I surely would have done that.

I hope the selected few liked the Keep... I wonder what the mystery object was that they promised... to tell us about, was? I wonder how many other supporters they pissed off?

Oct 11, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #754 of 5,933
I do get it. Still they publicly invited all Geek Force members to stop by.
I wonder how one asked for an audience... or how they knew that they needed to? With some notice and the way to make an appointment..
I surely would have done that.

I hope the selected few liked the Keep... I wonder what the mystery object was that they promised... to tell us about, was? I wonder how many other supporters they pissed off?

I believe that invitations were sent out to members of the press and industry but I could be mistaken. I do know some people received requests to come to the room. Like I said before I just happened to be in the right place at the right time and got into an appointment slot. I wasn't aware that they were doing appointments until that moment either.

I liked the Keep. I'm not super versed in the world of high end speakers anymore as I haven't been in that game for several years but it may be time to venture back as my system at home could stand some updating. I think the Keep was the mystery product, as it's the only new product that they were talking about at the show, at least of which I'm aware.

Oct 12, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #755 of 5,933
Can anybody explain to me about the Geek Wave at RMAF only having the analog stage? Does this mean it relies on the DAC (I think the iphone 6 in this case)? Is there any reason to care how the analog stage sounds if this is the case?

Oct 12, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #756 of 5,933
Hi. What we demo there includes Geek Stream. Which is also the analog and DAC part of the Geek Wave.

From what I saw for the feedback from Geek Force and quite a lot reviewers. They like it. But I would love to leave details of their impression for themselves.

Oct 12, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #757 of 5,933
Hi. What we demo there includes Geek Stream. Which is also the analog and DAC part of the Geek Wave.

From what I saw for the feedback from Geek Force and quite a lot reviewers. They like it. But I would love to leave details of their impression for themselves.

You and me both.

Oct 13, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #758 of 5,933

Larry, thanks for the response. I had originally read that only the analog part of the Geek Wave would be at RMAF, so I guess I was misinformed. Also, I do believe somebody said the demo GW was hooked up to an iphone 6, which makes me wonder how it could bypass the lightning cable while in the prototype stage. Again, I had read this from another head-fier (if I remember correctly), and it doesn't make any sense to me, perhaps due to a lack of knowledge of how these things work on my part. Anything else you can share with us would be appreciated.

Oct 13, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #759 of 5,933
Have people received their confirmation emails? I haven't yet, but I started wondering if it's still possible to upgrade the Wave 32gb with ESS Dual DAC I ordered to X 128.

Oct 13, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #760 of 5,933
  Have people received their confirmation emails? I haven't yet, but I started wondering if it's still possible to upgrade the Wave 32gb with ESS Dual DAC I ordered to X 128.

I think they're busy with other stuff. Now they have the 'Keep', so I'm feeling like the Geek Wave is becoming an afterthought, like an annoying chore that they'll get to eventually.

Oct 13, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #761 of 5,933

I think they're busy with other stuff. Now they have the 'Keep', so I'm feeling like the Geek Wave is becoming an afterthought, like an annoying chore that they'll get to eventually.

That's a shame if true, Wave should be their #1 priority IMO. 

Oct 13, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #762 of 5,933

I have not received anything on my Wave from LH.
According to posts on their forums, you can open a support case requesting the upgrades, they bill you via Paypal, and it is done.
Do you really want to throw more money at this now?

As time goes on and things develop in the way they seem to be, I come to regret being swept up in the hype.

Oct 13, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #763 of 5,933

Larry, thanks for the response. I had originally read that only the analog part of the Geek Wave would be at RMAF, so I guess I was misinformed. Also, I do believe somebody said the demo GW was hooked up to an iphone 6, which makes me wonder how it could bypass the lightning cable while in the prototype stage. Again, I had read this from another head-fier (if I remember correctly), and it doesn't make any sense to me, perhaps due to a lack of knowledge of how these things work on my part. Anything else you can share with us would be appreciated.

The Stream connects to the iPhone via USB with the camera connector kit that connects to the lightning port. I saw them connected to each other, but the battery was dead after all of the previous listening sessions, so I didn't get a chance to hear it.

Oct 13, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #764 of 5,933
  Please no, not the Roxanne. If you must the Noble Kaiser 10. Having spent a bit of time demoing both, I'd still recommend the UERM as the best TOTL CIEM I've heard.

I listened to the Noble 6C & 8C, & I really love the 8C's. I didn't try the 10's afterwards. I didn't want to tease myself further with something I know I couldn't afford.

Oct 13, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #765 of 5,933

Originally Posted by Zojokkeli /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's a shame if true, Wave should be their #1 priority IMO. 

The Keep is not taking priority away from the design or production of the Wave.

I spoke to Gavin & Larry about schedules, & once the Pulse shipments wrap up the Wave production should ramp up (the Wave design process is full speed ahead right now).

The Keep will just be going into campaign mode when the Wave production run should be starting (or close to it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back