Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Jul 22, 2014 at 5:05 AM Post #587 of 5,933
It's a bit of a gamble, but there never is any guarantee that we'll like any product we buy even if there's no wait. It is easy to get caught up in all of the hype and hoopla, a good bit of fun. I'm hopeful that it'll be worthy of my contribution and the only bit of hearsay evidence was from LFF of Paradox fame, who said a prototype was very impressive. That was enough for me. Fingers are crossed big time.

Jul 22, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #588 of 5,933
  It's a bit of a gamble, but there never is any guarantee that we'll like any product we buy even if there's no wait. It is easy to get caught up in all of the hype and hoopla, a good bit of fun. I'm hopeful that it'll be worthy of my contribution and the only bit of hearsay evidence was from LFF of Paradox fame, who said a prototype was very impressive. That was enough for me. Fingers are crossed big time.

Which are you getting because he listened to the XD.  

Jul 22, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #591 of 5,933
  I see.  Isn't that about 1k+?  Or are you going through the indiegogo price perks?  Are they building the atm?  Or is it being done like the 32; campaign?

Yeah, it's about $1k with the IEM option. The IGG price for the base XD128 was 899 and the perk took it north of $1k. They aren't building yet - we have a long wait ahead of us.

Jul 22, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #592 of 5,933

Yeah, it's about $1k with the IEM option. The IGG price for the base XD128 was 899 and the perk took it north of $1k. They aren't building yet - we have a long wait ahead of us.

Ya thats what I'm afraid of.  From what someone replied to my ticket asking about the 32 they said those were going already.  I'm not sure if those are build but after talking to Luis and finding out he listened to the XD I would rather go after that but it seems as though there is a long wait.  I honestly don't have the cash to put money down for the XD so I decided to not go after the 32 and just wait for the XD.  

Jul 22, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #593 of 5,933
  Ya thats what I'm afraid of.  From what someone replied to my ticket asking about the 32 they said those were going already.  I'm not sure if those are build but after talking to Luis and finding out he listened to the XD I would rather go after that but it seems as though there is a long wait.  I honestly don't have the cash to put money down for the XD so I decided to not go after the 32 and just wait for the XD.  

The 32 won't be shipping until roughly the same time as the XD. There are a limited number of 32s that are getting made so that may have said that the number of openings left are going quickly. But we won't be seeing any of the Waves until some time next year.

Jul 23, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #594 of 5,933

The 32 won't be shipping until roughly the same time as the XD. There are a limited number of 32s that are getting made so that may have said that the number of openings left are going quickly. But we won't be seeing any of the Waves until some time next year.

Ok that makes it clearer.  I don't want to wait for them to be made.  I guess you could call me impatient but I'd rather wait until they have products made so I can buy them.  I can understand if there are certain perks asked to be added but I'm not too keen on ordering than waiting almost a year for it to come along.  I'll forget haha

Jul 26, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #595 of 5,933
Can anyone help me out with communicating with LH Labs.
I am having serious problems with something simple. I sure hope this does not indicate how getting support on the Wave that I pledged for will be.
Read the below and let me know what I am doing wrong, and maybe how to do it better..

Phil P wrote:

Here is a sample string. This is after I had been trying to talk to Carlos using IE 11, and found it was not posting anything but blanks for my responses.

Hello Phil,

Thank you for your time, I see that the Wave 64 was purchased and then upgrade to a 128 from there for an additional $100 dollars. Please let me know if this is correct because then there would be no unit. Again thank you for your time and support.

Best regards Manny,

This is after I said I wanted to swap a WiFi perk for Bluetooth about 5 times in previous replies to them!. Anyone have a clue about what "Then there would be no unit" means in this context?

I have no clue what you mean when you tell me that because I upgraded "there is no unit".

What I am asking about is that I bought TWO WiFi perks I want one WiFi and one Bluetooth perk. How do I fix this?
Please explain the "then there would be no unit" comment in terms that I can understand!

I add:
Just to clarify further.

I want to have both Bluetooth and WiFi on my Wave. Currently (please see attachments) I have TWO WiFi perks listed that I somehow purchased. It is pretty clear that I can't use two WiFi radios in one Wave.

I want to swap a WiFi for a Bluetooth. Remove a WiFi perk and add a Bluetooth perk... is what I would like to do.

The response:
Hello Phil,

Making that swap is a $22.00 difference I can send you a Paypal invoice for the amount of $22.00 if you'd like? Just let me know

Best Regards,
Carlos Jones
Light Harmonic

I respond:

Please send the invoice.

I think I am due a $10 rebate for purchases in the final hours of the campaign. Can I use that for part of the difference?

Please stop closing the ticket until this is actually resolved!

Carlos responds:

Phil,

Again which is the incorrect perk listed so that I can make the adjustment. I like the pictures but Name The Perk that is the mistake before I can make an adjustment. I will be closing this ticket for now but when you reply back make sure to re-open this same ticket. Have A Great Day!

Best Regards,
Carlos Jones
Light Harmonic

I realize that they are probably really, really busy, but this kind of thing not only wastes my time, but the back and forth is without any real communication has to be killing the LH folks as well. It has now been a couple of weeks, since the campaign closed and I sent my original ticket. We have not come to a resolution and probably burned over an hour of time on either end for no resolution.

OK guys there is more. After Manny replied, I am back to Carlos. He now asks me this:

Hello Phil,

I see you ordered 2 wifi perks $67 do you want both of those perks yes or no?
I will be closing this ticket for right now but when you reply back re-open this same ticket.

Best Regards,
Carlos Jones
Light Harmonic

Really?
I replied:

I have said around 8 times now what I want did you read them?

I want to end up with one WiFi and one Bluetooth perks.( see below for instructions)

I want to trade Trade one ..WiFi and $22.00 for a Bluetooth perk.

You said the difference is$22. Asked if you should snd a paypal invoice for the difference. I said ye, please do.Now you are back to asking me what I want to do.

Please follow these steps:

1Remove ONE WiFi Perk

2 Bill me for $22

3 Add a Bluetooth perk for my Wave.

Can anyone help me to compose something that might communicate what I would like to happen that works better than what have written repeatedly?
I am open to suggestions!

Maybe someone has a contact for me that will actually read something and reply with something that makes sense?

I suppose I will have to wait another two days before I get anything back from them... so I have time to try to figure out how to actually communicate with them.

Jul 26, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #596 of 5,933
I am having serious problems with something simple. I sure hope this does not indicate how getting support on the Wave that I pledged for will be.
Read the below and let me know what I am doing wrong, and maybe how to do it better..

Phil P wrote:
Is anyone else frustrated with the support system that they have in place? I can't edit replies, I can't use IE 11, but worse, I don't think anyone has the time to really read any history. Much worse, every time they send a response, the system marks the ticket as "Resolved"

Here is a sample string. This is after I had been trying to talk to Carlos using IE 11, and found it was not posting anything but blanks for my responses.

Hello Phil,

Thank you for your time, I see that the Wave 64 was purchased and then upgrade to a 128 from there for an additional $100 dollars. Please let me know if this is correct because then there would be no unit. Again thank you for your time and support.

Best regards Manny,

This is after I said I wanted to swap a WiFi perk for Bluetooth. Anyone have a clue about what "Then there would be no unit" means in this context?

I have no clue what you mean when you tell me that because I upgraded "there is no unit".

What I am asking about is that I bought TWO WiFi perks I want one WiFi and one Bluetooth perk. How do I fix this?
Please explain the "then there would be no unit" comment in terms that I can understand!

I add:
Just to clarify further.

I want to have both Bluetooth and WiFi on my Wave. Currently (please see attachments) I have TWO WiFi perks listed that I somehow purchased. It is pretty clear that I can't use two WiFi radios in one Wave.

I want to swap a WiFi for a Bluetooth. Remove a WiFi perk and add a Bluetooth perk... is what I would like to do.

The response:
Hello Phil,

Making that swap is a $22.00 difference I can send you a Paypal invoice for the amount of $22.00 if you'd like? Just let me know

Best Regards,
Carlos Jones
Light Harmonic

I respond:

Please send the invoice.

I think I am due a $10 rebate for purchases in the final hours of the campaign. Can I use that fro part fo the difference?

Carlos responds:

Phil,

Again which is the incorrect perk listed so that I can make the adjustment. I like the pictures but Name The Perk that is the mistake before I can make an adjustment. I will be closing this ticket for now but when you reply back make sure to re-open this same ticket. Have A Great Day!

Best Regards,
Carlos Jones
Light Harmonic

Now really folks, does it look like anyone is actually reading our tickets?
I realize that they are probably really, really busy, but this kind of thing not only wastes my time, but the back and forth is without any real communication has to be killing the LH folks as well. It has now been a couple of weeks, since the campaign closed and I sent my original ticket. We have not come to a resolution and probably burnt over an hour of time on either end for nothing
Somebody please get a grip on how to best service paying customers, please!
What you are doing is not getting it!

I quoted my first post so that it will be easier to follow this fiasco.

OK guys there is more. After Manny replied, I am back to Carlos. He now asks me this:

Hello Phil,

I will be closing this ticket for right now but when you reply back re-open this same ticket.

Best Regards,
Carlos Jones
Light Harmonic

Carlos Jones, 1 day ago

Really? I need help here.. I either am writing to people who can't read back in a ticket and or have no short term or long term memory... Or I have forgotten how to write something in English.

I replied:

I want to end up with one WiFi and one Bluetooth perks.( see below for instructions)

You said the difference is$22. Asked if you should snd a paypal invoice for the difference. I said ye, please do.Now you are back to asking me what I want to do.

! Remove ONE WiFi Perk

2 Bill me for $22

Can anyone help me to compose something that might communicate what I would like to happen that works better than what have written repeatedly?

Maybe someone has a contact for me that will actually read something and reply with something that makes sense?

Maybe we need to start a "Light Harmonics, Get Your $h!t Together" thread. They are about as good at customer service as the DMV, and the "open a ticket" system has a distinct supermarket deli vibe....

Jul 26, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #597 of 5,933

Phil P wrote:
Is anyone else frustrated with the support system that they have in place? I can't edit replies, I can't use IE 11, but worse, I don't think anyone has the time to really read any history. Much worse, every time they send a response, the system marks the ticket as "Resolved"

Hello Phil,

Best regards Manny,

This is after I said I wanted to swap a WiFi perk for Bluetooth. Anyone have a clue about what "Then there would be no unit" means in this context?

I add:
Just to clarify further.

The response:
Hello Phil,

Best Regards,
Carlos Jones
Light Harmonic

I respond:

Please send the invoice.

I think I am due a $10 rebate for purchases in the final hours of the campaign. Can I use that fro part fo the difference?

Carlos responds:

Phil,

Best Regards,
Carlos Jones
Light Harmonic

Now really folks, does it look like anyone is actually reading our tickets?
I realize that they are probably really, really busy, but this kind of thing not only wastes my time, but the back and forth is without any real communication has to be killing the LH folks as well. It has now been a couple of weeks, since the campaign closed and I sent my original ticket. We have not come to a resolution and probably burnt over an hour of time on either end for nothing
Somebody please get a grip on how to best service paying customers, please!
What you are doing is not getting it!

I quoted my first post so that it will be easier to follow this fiasco.

Hello Phil,

Best Regards,
Carlos Jones
Light Harmonic

Carlos Jones, 1 day ago 

Really? I need help here.. I either am writing to people who can't read back in a ticket and or have no short term or long term memory... Or I have forgotten how to write something in English.

I replied:

! Remove ONE WiFi Perk

2 Bill me for $22

I've learned, like you, that their customer service doesn't bother looking at older notes in a ticket and only respond to whatever is in the most recent reply. I find it's best to include every possible detail whenever you reply to them. It's a pain in the butt, I know, but it seems to be the most effective. Honestly I've come to expect very little from Manny and Carlos. I manage a ticketing system for customer impacting outages in my line of work and it's quite frankly embarrassing how poorly it's managed with what appears to be a 2-man team. That said, with enough effort what you're wanting to do will eventually get accomplished. I had them change my perks around when I changed to the XD (dual DAC to Lightspeed) and it took about 3 replies to get what I needed, the second and third clarifying for them what I was looking to do. Keep at it, you'll eventually get them swapped. And if worse comes to worse you can bring it to Gavin's attention on the forums via PM. He's handled several issues personally when customer service was unwilling/unable/unsure how to handle their duties.

Jul 26, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #598 of 5,933
Mandrake,

I also had to go several rounds with the support ticket system to accomplish what I would have considered a pretty straight forward request.  I think (after reading your post, though, I'm not no longer really sure) I finally got my issue resolved after about 4 tries.  The good thing is you have a "ticket trail" that will hopefully work in your favor if questions arise when it comes to filling out our final survey forms.  These two fellows, Manny and Carlos, are only making more work for themselves and are damaging the image of LHLabs.  Maybe their boss/supervisor needs to wake up and get these guys in line...

Jul 26, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #599 of 5,933
Did you guys every get the survey (or whatever notice we were supposed to get) for the market credit? I haven't gotten any confirmation for my wave or the credit other than the generic indiegogo emails.

Jul 26, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #600 of 5,933
  Did you guys every get the survey (or whatever notice we were supposed to get) for the market credit? I haven't gotten any confirmation for my wave or the credit other than the generic indiegogo emails.

Nothing has been sent out yet about the market credits. And honestly it's not a problem just yet since the market isn't active. They're supposed to send out the details about the market credits when the market is ready for launch. No idea when that is, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back