LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
Jun 4, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #181 of 1,391
Nice.. I hope your go v2 ship sooner too.  I just like to offer a fresh perspective on this.  You have purchased go v1 and now go v2, a total combined cost of $500-$600.  This is now the same as a used Schiit Gungnir (I got mine used for $550 shipped).  Will you be better off just buying the Gungnir to begin with? we all know LH will release Go v3 next year to keep their business model going.

Jun 4, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #182 of 1,391
Nah only $130 on go450 via massdrop.  Then $230 for gov2 = $360.  

new LH Labs video!

Jun 4, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #183 of 1,391
They sent out 48h notice, 24h notice and recently 12h notice.  Talk about desperation.
The 48h mark is tonight at 10pm pacific.

Somehow I did not get any of those 24h/12h followups. Dissapointed. I thought me and the lovely mister GagaFishy were such good pals already...

uncola
IF the v2 is better why not wait for it on massdrop for the real price of $100!? It's not like you dont have a geek already. And judging by the 'amazing' delays they had lately with the pulse/wave, you'll surely get your v2 before november... 2017 :wink:

Jun 4, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #184 of 1,391
eh, the go450 was only $20 less than the regular bird? kickstarter price and it wasn't offerred on massdrop until way later.. the gov2 is supposed to be a major improvement and I can use it with my wyrd too.  

Jun 4, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #185 of 1,391
So, if my math is correct, less than 10% of the people who shelled out $1 or $2 have taken the next step. (694 people are signed on at Indiegogo right now; I can't find the batch schedule anymore (heh), but I figure there were at least 7K scheduled/prepaid on that list when the information was still available.)

Jun 4, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #186 of 1,391
So, if my math is correct, less than 10% of the people who shelled out $1 or $2 have taken the next step. (694 people are signed on at Indiegogo right now; I can't find the batch schedule anymore (heh), but I figure there were at least 7K scheduled/prepaid on that list when the information was still available.)

I hope that means I get bumped up in the list and receive the GOV2 earlier, I was originally on batch 24-25.

Jun 4, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #189 of 1,391
Here's the original calendar.  They said they would be able to increase the batch sizes afterwards.

Jun 4, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #193 of 1,391
We will see if they actually start shipping sooner or if they were trying to entice more backers

Jun 4, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #194 of 1,391
I think the 700 includes BOTH the V2 and V2+ queues. So more like going from 7K to 700.

Since not all indiegogo backers are necessarily preorder people, it may even be less than 10% (i.e. from 6-7000 preorders to 5-600 orders). Any normal person would get the message but I seriously doubt that GagaFishy will change anything.

For anyone who still wants to give those crooks money I hope they actually made 7000 devices and that most of those will soon be on massdrop for halfprice. Personally I wouldnt buy even then... or ever give em a single cent.

I see some around here are convinced they'll get their devices sooner than planned. From LH? really guys!? WOW!!!. How do you guys manage to stay so positive & optimistic ?!

Jun 4, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #195 of 1,391
So it seems the $1/$2 pre-orders were really only to assess some market demand and no doubt try to help secure credit against the new product design costs - but then actual funding to procure parts and contract production/test assembly requires hard cash (unless you happen to be a large corporate with strong credit rating and good contract negotiating power due to the carrot of other large follow on deals).

- therefore the hard cash is needed to get things moving - i.e. cancel meaningless pre-orders that don't really commit with full payment. In hindsight this would have been the business plan from the start - not a recent change due to overzealous multiple pre-orders having the gall to be ahead of later purchasers. Cash is clearly king in this equation.

Which leads me to my real point - a DAC product that may require firmware updates in future for stability, feature improvements, host OS port compatibility etc. needs a company able to invest in support of shipped products. So unless the firmware and any driver code are available from the DAC chip supplier, or it is open sourced for community support - LHL are the key, if they are around, but they don't seem so motivated to support customers through the buying process so why would they plan to make the investment to support once the purchase money is spent.  - i.e. its commitment to the customer and protecting the brand over the longer term.

good luck 

Lugz

PS sending emails to encourage me to recommend other to purchase GOV2 to others seems odd - I don't dislike anyone that much. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back