LG V30
Aug 29, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #17 of 6,140
The fact that V30 is reported to have THD at 0.00025%.....that is mind blogging......even AK latest flagship has 0.0005 and or 0.0008% of THD
We shall see about that...
One thing is for sure, the audio reproduction in mobile phones becomes better and better.
I can see in near future we will have 1 device for anything.

Aug 30, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #18 of 6,140
We shall see about that...
One thing is for sure, the audio reproduction in mobile phones becomes better and better.
I can see in near future we will have 1 device for anything.
I think this whole smartphone audio thing is for general masses. It let the masses know that something called DAC exists in this world. So people give more importance to HiFi. Once they are in it then this game is endless to be honest. It's human nature to get better then what he already have. I mean sometime ago i couldn't think of getting any dedicated audio player. But now after getting into this smartphone audio game i want better. What's better then smartphone audio? A dedicated dap!

Aug 30, 2017 at 2:40 AM Post #19 of 6,140
I think this whole smartphone audio thing is for general masses. It let the masses know that something called DAC exists in this world. So people give more importance to HiFi. Once they are in it then this game is endless to be honest. It's human nature to get better then what he already have. I mean sometime ago i couldn't think of getting any dedicated audio player. But now after getting into this smartphone audio game i want better. What's better then smartphone audio? A dedicated dap!

I still think the "masses" do not care and prefer convenience over quality in audio.

Aug 30, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #20 of 6,140
This quote from LG from Android authority makes NO sense. Of course the output device matters. We do not need to debate this.

“Even with ordinary equipment, LG V30 users can experience much of the high-quality audio enjoyed by listeners using expensive headsets.”

Aug 30, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #21 of 6,140
This quote from LG from Android authority makes NO sense. Of course the output device matters. We do not need to debate this.

“Even with ordinary equipment, LG V30 users can experience much of the high-quality audio enjoyed by listeners using expensive headsets.”

Maybe wrong translation / wrong typo.

Korean words might be "High Quality" but google translates as "High" and articles writer interprets as expensive.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #22 of 6,140
I still think the "masses" do not care and prefer convenience over quality in audio.
I agree. Maybe it's just me then who is spending too much time here on head-fi. Although convenience is the key factor, that's why something like chord mojo exists and is so popular today. I have high hopes for v30 and vibe x4 (if at ever it comes)

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #24 of 6,140
I agree. Maybe it's just me then who is spending too much time here on head-fi. Although convenience is the key factor, that's why something like chord mojo exists and is so popular today. I have high hopes for v30 and vibe x4 (if at ever it comes)

Well, I don't think it's "just you", but those unconcerned - or less concerned - with audio quality certainly outnumber you/me/us!

Aug 30, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #25 of 6,140
The fact that V30 is reported to have THD at 0.00025%.....that is mind bogging......even AK latest flagship has 0.0005 and or 0.0008% of THD
It's marketing fapping, you make specs sheet say whatever you want in the audio world, since there are no standards.
I saw people complaining with the same things about turntables specs (rotation speed, distorsion...) and in the end user reviews were very different.

If the number of zero was actually meaningful, they wouldn't write it this way, it would expressed in negative decades with some comparisons/charts.
When people start writing very large or very small numbers with the full digits ==> marketing boggus. :wink:

My bet is still on 1000-1100$, based on the copious amount of cheesy marketing. They can't possibly price it the same as G series so why not doubling it.

Aug 30, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #26 of 6,140
It's marketing fapping, you make specs sheet say whatever you want in the audio world, since there are no standards.
I saw people complaining with the same things about turntables specs (rotation speed, distorsion...) and in the end user reviews were very different.

If the number of zero was actually meaningful, they wouldn't write it this way, it would expressed in negative decades with some comparisons/charts.
When people start writing very large or very small numbers with the full digits ==> marketing boggus. :wink:

My bet is still on 1000-1100$, based on the copious amount of cheesy marketing. They can't possibly price it the same as G series so why not doubling it.
LG V30 and V30+ definitely will be cheaper then Note8. I want FM radio.

Aug 30, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #27 of 6,140
LG V30 and V30+ definitely will be cheaper then Note8. I want FM radio.
Maybe very slightly since LG usually compete vs Samsung with lower prices.

Funny thing is that Note 8 is not even pre-sold at the official price, it's already "discounted" at -15% in Switzerland. Which is already more "reasonable" pricing, if it can ever be.

Aug 30, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #28 of 6,140
Nice marketing to sell filters that probably already comes with the chipset itself (accessible to users in X5-iii and Cayin N5 for example), plus a bunch of pre-sets made by "famous musicians" against nice "fees".
Previous products with "pro" pre-sets were not very convincing. EQ should be about making pairing easier for users, pre-sets are mostly for the lazy bunch.

It should surely justify a 1000+$ pricing, given the trend initiated with V10/V20.
Hopefully the price should come down to more "reasonable" levels after 6-9 months.

And let's hope we get better battery management and quality than in V10/V20. The second screen and hi-res main screen certainly don't help (AMOLED please...), but better batteries actually do exist.
I'm a bit disappointed to have to change my V10 battery every 6 months because they just die after 200 charges, when I never had to replace a battery when using high-end Sony/Huawei smartphones for 2+ years each. Not all batteries are born equal.
Seems they're being lazy. Screw dsp filters! I have that with Viper4android and Dolby Atmos.

Hopefully, I'm wrong and there's a huge improvement.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #30 of 6,140
]Seems they're being lazy. Screw dsp filters! I have that with Viper4android and Dolby Atmos.

Hopefully, I'm wrong and there's a huge improvement.

Does seem like marketing hype to me.... Just some sound presets marketed as digital "filters?" Sounds fancy, but we'll have to wait and see if there is any substance of that this is just hyperbole and bluster!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back