LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Jan 19, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #1,818 of 3,525
  Hey, if anyone wants to write a review of the LG V10 in the head gear section, there's one here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/lg-v10

.... Thanks, I will... Even now I want to but my current W10 is due for upgrade shortly...

Jan 19, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #1,819 of 3,525
Jan 19, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #1,820 of 3,525

Are people starting to make the jump from their DAPs to just having the LGV10 as an all in one solution?

I've made the jump. The sound quality isn't quite equal to a great dedicated player, but the added convenience of carrying just one device is something I've been waiting for, and the quality is high enough to use on-the-go

.... You can extract its max Best using a really excellent IEM or OEH...

Jan 19, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #1,821 of 3,525
The ideas of smartphone not having the capability to hangout and around with dedicated sources is "last decade". Being the first of it kind for the US market and produced by a tech giant, the LG-V10 is and can totally be a replacement for mid-tier DAP...If people can get away from the older saying stuff :wink:

Jan 19, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #1,823 of 3,525
The ideas of smartphone not having the capability to hangout and around with dedicated sources is "last decade". Being the first of it kind for the US market and produced by a tech giant, the LG-V10 is and can totally be a replacement for mid-tier DAP...If people can get away from the older saying stuff :wink:

Agreed! Just because it is also a phone doesnt mean it cant be a good audio player. Its silly to disqualify it simply because it is also a phone. People need to stop saying these kinds of things. Things have changed.

Not all smartphones are good in the audio department, but some are.

Jan 19, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #1,824 of 3,525
Agreed! Just because it is also a phone doesnt mean it cant be a good audio player. Its silly to disqualify it simply because it is also a phone. People need to stop saying these kinds of things. Things have changed.

Not all smartphones are good in the audio department, but some are.

.... companies such as HTC have been trying to prove that for some years now. They do far better than most, in the audio playback department. They call audio enthusiasts a ''niche market''.... It is unfortunate though, as hearsay that HTC ''retired'' in this market and would focus on VR gears...

Jan 19, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #1,825 of 3,525
.... companies such as HTC have been trying to prove that for some years now. They do far better than most, in the audio playback department. They call audio enthusiasts a ''niche market''.... It is unfortunate though, as hearsay that HTC ''retired'' in this market and would focus on VR gears...

The V10 is in a completely different league than the M9 though. The M9 was decent, but the V10 is just a much better sounding device. I havent heard any other HTC devices recently, so the M9 is the only HTC phone ive heard lately. HTC did good, but LG is doing even better.

Jan 19, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #1,826 of 3,525
To simply taking audiophile for a niche market...Htc is killing itself...this is just the beginning of streaming services and portable gears. Netflix, YouTube, Amazon prime, Apple Music tidal...etc are all stuffing up with HD contents.....

To take high-quality audio into a niche market saying is another "last decade" saying where MP3, sacred memory capacity and portable was king, it was correct....it is no more...what do you think when Apple bought beat music for billions of dollars ? Niche market ? Htc need to fire their marketing and economy analysts persons.

I myself growing up loving music, from CD player system to Walkman to karaoke large system to theater stereo system to surround sound system....then I m back into large stereo high quality system...but now I am back to Walkman and portable high quality audio...why ? Because I have kids, family, and not every body in my freaking house want to listen to what I play....same as in the office lol.

Jan 19, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #1,828 of 3,525
Is there really no other way to trigger high impedance mode? You can't just turn it on, you have to let the V10 decide?

I'm not the biggest fan of phablet size phones so I can't decide if I should get this or a G4 since I like the size more and expect to use it with my 5TX anyway.

Jan 19, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #1,829 of 3,525
  Is there really no other way to trigger high impedance mode? You can't just turn it on, you have to let the V10 decide?

I'm not the biggest fan of phablet size phones so I can't decide if I should get this or a G4 since I like the size more and expect to use it with my 5TX anyway.

High impedance mode is based on the headphone being used.

I don't own any headphones that have the ability to trigger it (50+), but majority of my headphones have detachable cables.
By inserting the cable first into the LG V10 (without headphones connected), it will trigger the AUX mode.
Then plug in the headphones to the cable...you will notice a noticeable difference in gain.
Similar to high impedance mode.

Jan 19, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #1,830 of 3,525

Honestly, my HD25 does it :/ are you using the HiFi Dac Fix 
To simply taking audiophile for a niche market...Htc is killing itself...this is just the beginning of streaming services and portable gears. Netflix, YouTube, Amazon prime, Apple Music tidal...etc are all stuffing up with HD contents.....

To take high-quality audio into a niche market saying is another "last decade" saying where MP3, sacred memory capacity and portable was king, it was correct....it is no more...what do you think when Apple bought beat music for billions of dollars ? Niche market ? Htc need to fire their marketing and economy analysts persons.

I myself growing up loving music, from CD player system to Walkman to karaoke large system to theater stereo system to surround sound system....then I m back into large stereo high quality system...but now I am back to Walkman and portable high quality audio...why ? Because I have kids, family, and not every body in my freaking house want to listen to what I play....same as in the office lol.

my issue though with a celluar phone that can play music is noise, it literally draws radio signals into it self, then you expect it to achieve a quality sound? While I agree that the v10 sounds amazing, an yes compared to the Fiio X5 [original] it's easily on par. The same can be said of how the V10 compares to my HM 601 an iPod but my point is, in this day an age it still seems advantageous for now to have a portable dap. At least till we see some new battery technology come along, to give us more power on tap for celluar devices an longer useage time 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back