LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Jan 20, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #526 of 1,179
  Hi Guys,

My phone got stolen today, it was Note3, I have been using a portable FIIO DAC/AMP with it. Now I have to buy a new phone, I think I will just go for one that doesn't need a portable dac/amp. I was going for the LG V10, but I found out that Spotify doesn't use the Hi-Fi chip? is this still the case? if so, it's pity, do you know of another smartphone with the same audio quality and amplification without any limitation? would something like meizu pro 5 allow Spotify to use its Hi-Fi chip? would it also provide proper amplification for dt-1350?

Thanks a lot.

Sorry to hear about your phone getting stolen.

I came from a Note 3 velcroed to a Fiio E18. Sold the Note about a week after my V10 arrived.

The V10 isn't quite as powerful as the E18 but the sound quality is a step up from that stack (imo) and it can still power hungry headphones.

Jan 21, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #527 of 1,179
Anyone try this V10 with ATH-R70X?

I'm kind of curious too. Though I just got an Audio-Technica AD900X and getting a V10 soon. Of course the AD900X will be no challenge to drive.

Jan 21, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #532 of 1,179
@gr8soundz Thanks, I'm still in the after math of all of this, photos not synced, messages, etc...

I checked here (Geneva, Switzerland) for LG V10, it's not available, they have the LG G4 it didn't sound as good as HTC One A9 that was next to it, actually the HTC One A9 sounded great, and the amp was wow :D, but I'm kinda sold on LG V10 and I would only consider HTC if I have no other choice.

Any advice, should I get the HTC One A9 over LG V10? I would have love to try LG V10 before I buy it. Oh I also found the Marshal London, didn't like the sound quality :/

Your advice is appreciated if you guys advice to wait and try to find LG V10, I would do that.

Thanks!

Jan 21, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #533 of 1,179
@gr8soundz
 Thanks, I'm still in the after math of all of this, photos not synced, messages, etc...

I checked here (Geneva, Switzerland) for LG V10, it's not available, they have the LG G4 it didn't sound as good as HTC One A9 that was next to it, actually the HTC One A9 sounded great, and the amp was wow :D, but I'm kinda sold on LG V10 and I would only consider HTC if I have no other choice.

Any advice, should I get the HTC One A9 over LG V10? I would have love to try LG V10 before I buy it. Oh I also found the Marshal London, didn't like the sound quality :/

Your advice is appreciated if you guys advice to wait and try to find LG V10, I would do that.

Thanks!

What amp and DAC is in Htc a9 ? I know it is a new phone , but I don't know those chips. LG-v10 at least has the ESS Sabres amp and DAC combo in it.

Jan 21, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #534 of 1,179
What amp and DAC is in Htc a9 ? I know it is a new phone , but I don't know those chips. LG-v10 at least has the ESS Sabres amp and DAC combo in it.

For me, now im kinda wait for lg v10 second generation, this waiting is killing me. The good is when lg v10 second gen release and sound quality is not on par, this v10 gen 1 will be much cheaper. :p :p

But once more, this waiting is killing me.. slowly.. :D :D

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #536 of 1,179
Just an update, I had some time to spend with HTC One A9 in the shop next to other phones (unfortunately not LG V10), I'm not sure about the sound quality anymore, the amplification is amazing, it powered my 80ohms easy and it was so loud I had to turn the volume down! but the sound details were not what I'm looking for, so it's not an option anymore, besides, I don't know why, it was slow, at least for my taste.

​Unfortunately there is no way I can find LG V10 in Switzerland, so I may go for something else, not sure what :/, maybe I will give Marshal London another try.

Anyone in Europe know where do they sell LG V10? France, Belgium? I will give it one last try.

Jan 23, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #537 of 1,179
  Just an update, I had some time to spend with HTC One A9 in the shop next to other phones (unfortunately not LG V10), I'm not sure about the sound quality anymore, the amplification is amazing, it powered my 80ohms easy and it was so loud I had to turn the volume down! but the sound details were not what I'm looking for, so it's not an option anymore, besides, I don't know why, it was slow, at least for my taste.

​Unfortunately there is no way I can find LG V10 in Switzerland, so I may go for something else, not sure what :/, maybe I will give Marshal London another try.

Anyone in Europe know where do they sell LG V10? France, Belgium? I will give it one last try.

Your best bet is probably Amazon Deutschland as they are selling the German version and so it should work perfectly fine in Switzerland. I'm pretty sure they will ship to you as well. The only difference from the American models is the storage is only 32GB instead of 64GB, but that shouldn't be an issue with the microSD slot. As far as I know there are no plans to sell the phone in Belgium or France.

Jan 24, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #538 of 1,179
Many countries are now stocking the 32GB V10 now, as the prices are dropping, I think LG is changing the 64GB memory to 32GB, since the V10 is cheaper now why give out a 64GB memory chipset.

Also in reply to the few post about the HTC A9, in Hong Kong I think the DAC chipset comes from dolby, well it was promoted as  a HI res phones with dolby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back