LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Nov 11, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #211 of 1,179
I have heard V10 is very root friendly :D. Samsung is simply chasing it Apple

Make their own chips, Exynos
no micro SD
no removable battery
so hard to root
trying so hard to design Apple like

I can't even think of a reason that make Samsung appear to not chasing Apple tails.

Anyways, the more Samsung does this, the more they make me think about getting Apple. The fact that galaxy tab doesn't interest me but iPad pro does...lol

Nov 11, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #216 of 1,179

I just installed Amazon music and tested it for you and yes, with my phone the HiFi DAC works fine. I toggle it while playing Amazon music and I get a half second pause, then the sound comes in louder and fuller. Good news, right? 

How do you like Amazon music, by the way? Never used it but I'm a Prime subscriber. 

-Collin-

Thank you so much for testing it!  Great news!  This is most likely my next purchase considering the rave reviews here regarding sound quality.  Will need to run by a T-Mobile store to handle it.

I'm a bit of a newbie with hifi audio, so I've been using Amazon music for a while and am a bit vested in it.  I'm currently using the Alcatel Idol 3 (decent dac) with a pair of B&O H6 headphones I recently got (replaced Momentum v1).  I love the clear H6 sound and cannot tell really any difference between playing high quality mp3s and streaming on Amazon Music.  I believe Amazon Music uses a high quality, 256 kbps compression.  But I don't have any loss-less files to compare to.  I listen to a lot of classical and jazz, so I really like exploring all Prime has to offer.  It's like I'm hanging out in those old CD stores when they let you listen to a CD to see if you liked it.

Thanks again!

Nov 11, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #217 of 1,179
Still loving mine. Listening to my Q701 on it right now and it sounds heavenly. I need to a/b it against my desktop setup one of these days, but I highly doubt Ill be disappointed. I haven't used my desktop setup with the Q701 since I got the V10. The V10 sounds great and powers my Q701 with ease.

Nov 11, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #218 of 1,179
Still loving mine. Listening to my Q701 on it right now and it sounds heavenly. I need to a/b it against my desktop setup one of these days, but I highly doubt Ill be disappointed. I haven't used my desktop setup with the Q701 since I got the V10. The V10 sounds great and powers my Q701 with ease.

Glad to hear it. Mine arrives Friday. Got the Luxe White. Can't wait :)

Nov 12, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #220 of 1,179
Hi! I wonder if the LG V10 will show a big difference in sound quality with my Momentum 2.0 over ear headphone. I'm currently using ipod touch gen 4 and Momentum 2.0 to listen to music.

The Momentun 2.0 is sensitive with a low impedance, so youll have no issue at all with volume output. The DAC chip in the V10 is a very good chip as well. It should have no issues at all with that headphone. I cant say for sure that youll notice any difference though.

Nov 14, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #221 of 1,179
I just picked up the V10 today, and so far, I'm pretty damn impressed. It does a more than adequate job with my DT990 Pro 250 ohm headphones, and handles the Shure SE215 equally well. Does a bang-up job powering a pair of old HD558s. Still have to try it with my Momentum 1.0 over-ears and the ATH-m50x pair. But, really, I'm not expecting it to be anything but excellent at this stage. Very, very impressed. It's a big, ******* phone, but it's very slim and handles well. Very fast and responsive. I now feel good about relegating my USB DAC to laptop duties only. 

Nov 14, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #222 of 1,179
I just picked up the V10 today, and so far, I'm pretty damn impressed. It does a more than adequate job with my DT990 Pro 250 ohm headphones, and handles the Shure SE215 equally well. Does a bang-up job powering a pair of old HD558s. Still have to try it with my Momentum 1.0 over-ears and the ATH-m50x pair. But, really, I'm not expecting it to be anything but excellent at this stage. Very, very impressed. It's a big, ******* phone, but it's very slim and handles well. Very fast and responsive. I now feel good about relegating my USB DAC to laptop duties only. 

Excellent! I am glad you (V10 owners) love the phone, and happy to see my review helps. Honestly, it is a smartphone that will take down mid-fi DAPs. It may have a little less quality, but it is a phone which has so many functions that no mid tier DAP will ever come close.

The removable battery, micro SD slot, and wireless charging with a special case is too good to pass. It is also not that expensive.

Nov 14, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #225 of 1,179

Yep this phone is amazing.  I get way better LTE and call reception than my Note 3 too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back