LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Nov 9, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #199 of 1,179
Hi,

Thanks for your review on the SQ of LG V10 . From the review you mentioned you did try a few Chinese phones with HIFI capabilities and I presume you're referring to either Vivo, Meizu or Zte. Can you tell me your view regarding sound differences when comparing? Thanks 
xplay3s is my previous mobile which was said to be the mobile supplying the best audio performance. but with my xba-a3, i think v10's sound quality is much better. it is clearer, more detailed. are you chinese? i can't describe the difference more specifically with my pour english. as for meizu's latest flagship---pro 5, i never listen to music with it, however, there are 'professionals' said it was worse than 6splus. in conclude, if you want the best audio experience with your mobile, v10 is your best choice. good luck

Nov 9, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #200 of 1,179
I owned a few bbk vivo phones (e.g. xplay, xshot, x1)...i think the sound quality of v10 is more clean, whereas the bbk vivos have a more powerful amp. Hard to say which one is better...

Nov 10, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #201 of 1,179
I was reading about this phone today and have a couple of questions I was hoping an owner could answer:

1) Does the volume control have 75 real steps in the volume control? One of the things I hate about my Note 5 is the 15 steps in volume, as it make the sound either too low or too quiet (and the usual hacks don't work because of TouchWiz).

2) What type of sound signature does this phone have? Is it warm, neutral or bright?

Nov 10, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #202 of 1,179
  I was reading about this phone today and have a couple of questions I was hoping an owner could answer:

1) Does the volume control have 75 real steps in the volume control? One of the things I hate about my Note 5 is the 15 steps in volume, as it make the sound either too low or too quiet (and the usual hacks don't work because of TouchWiz).

2) What type of sound signature does this phone have? Is it warm, neutral or bright?

Have you tried rooting it and using xposed/gravity box? then again, I don't know how samsung/touchwiz works.

Nov 11, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #205 of 1,179

Have you tried rooting it and using xposed/gravity box? then again, I don't know how samsung/touchwiz works.

Unfortunately, while you can install Xposed on the Note 5 (with a hack), a lot of the features don't work including the media volume ones. Apparently, it's because Samsung have added some extra code to Touchwiz concerning media playback.

I'm not sure how many steps this has, but I like the volume control for music.

IMHO, it's a fairly neutral sound.

Would you mind checking how many volume steps there are? I believe from reading the reviews you need to use the on screen slider rather than the buttons on the phone.

Thanks for the comment on the sound.  Fairly neutral sounds good.

Nov 11, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #207 of 1,179
Can anyone confirm whether the v10's ESS dac works with Amazon music streaming?

I just installed Amazon music and tested it for you and yes, with my phone the HiFi DAC works fine. I toggle it while playing Amazon music and I get a half second pause, then the sound comes in louder and fuller. Good news, right? 

How do you like Amazon music, by the way? Never used it but I'm a Prime subscriber. 

-Collin-

Nov 11, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #209 of 1,179
How do you root it ? I don't understand.
smily_headphones1.gif

Rooting may sound funny but it's really very simple.  You're simply taking full ownership of your phone, or "root access."  Not all phones or carriers allow it and it's getting harder and harder for some. The fact that we don't have full control of these phones that cost $700 is actually absurd and I don't even know how it's legal. It's like it's still their property even though you paid for it.  Pretty messed up if you ask me.    

If you want to learn about rooting go here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/

Nov 11, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #210 of 1,179

Rooting may sound funny but it's really very simple.  You're simply taking full ownership of your phone, or "root access."  Not all phones or carriers allow it and it's getting harder and harder for some. The fact that we don't have full control of these phones that cost $700 is actually absurd and I don't even know how it's legal. It's like it's still their property even though you paid for it.  Pretty messed up if you ask me.    

If you want to learn about rooting go here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/

Samsung are one of the worst culprits for this in my opinion. I probably wouldn't have bought the Note 5 if I'd known it would be difficult to tweak some stuff. I never had this problem with my Sony Xperia Z1. I'm seriously thinking of selling my Note 5 and getting the V10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back